Everyone here are playing with vannila configuration.For exact reason you are posting - to avoid confusion and let developers

focus on their configs.

afaik the suppression is not working, maybe custom addons is making porblem but i believe that custom addon is not making this.
Disable all custom addons and try again, or use getSuppression and setSuppression scripting commands (documentation for them should be on BIKI).

ignore

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Tried to clarify it in a comment to the FT ticket. (sry about the edits ;))

Thanks very much.

Played for five hours last night over about 4 games and it didn't happen once.

Really enjoying the game now.

Edited by Jassida
forgot to quote

Suppression it's not working in vanila, use with zeus spawned AI

Suppression it's not working in vanila, use with zeus spawned AI

Could you please give us more info about this? Situation, repro, difficulty, AI skills...

If you let me give to you the map i test it(made by my self), then i'll tell you how i work it

Sent u a PM.

Or feel free to upload the mission to a cloud and share it here with the repro steps.

Thanks!

Ooooh new network fixes for AI traffic. What kind of things should we expect to see/not see ?

In the game? This

not see

;)

Otherwise - size of some packets has been reduced quite significantly, expect a positive impact on the network performance

ignore

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Thanks very much.

Played for five hours last night over about 4 games and it didn't happen once.

Really enjoying the game now.

I spoke too soon.

It came back last night and I think it must be a team switch thing.

Tried reporting http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23787 but it got insta-closed.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well but as 1 (leader) I end up unable to control the AI, only to stop them from regrouping with 2 (who is usually human and has no control over AI).

Can someone please take another look at this?

Thanks.

I think it must be a team switch thing.

Most probably. I'm sorry, but we don't support switching playable units in multiplayer. The teamswitch window should only be available after you've been killed to respawn into next alive unit. (when the SIDE respawn is used)

Most probably. I'm sorry, but we don't support switching playable units in multiplayer. The teamswitch window should only be available after you've been killed to respawn into next alive unit. (when the SIDE respawn is used)

Ok thanks well it's good to know that I'm trying to play in an unsupported way so I can work around it.

Other strange things happen like my buddy being kicked out of the boat we are in and two units both with my buddy's name.

If it happens in a mission without teamswitch I will post again.

I can confirm that suppression is working however it need hell lot's of ammo to suppress them (300~400 bullet to suppress 6~7 squad, that is 3~4 mag for LMG)

They should be suppressed by only in one magazine like 100~110 bullets

and as dev describe AIs are shooting though when they are in suppressed but some how i get head shot mostly like 70%.

I can confirm that suppression is working however it need hell lot's of ammo to suppress them (300~400 bullet to suppress 6~7 squad, that is 3~4 mag for LMG)

They should be suppressed by only in one magazine like 100~110 bullets

and as dev describe AIs are shooting though when they are in suppressed but some how i get head shot mostly like 70%.

I suspect that too, although more testing is needed. Oukej, can you confirm amount of bullets and range from AI to suppress them? I kinda feel that this feature is still at the dark as to how exactly it behaves. We will be able to provide better feedback if we'd know what to expect. On the same note, I think the AI suppression feature is important enough for a thread of its own, just like the other new features' new threads :).

Apart from what variable said, kudos to you and team oukej, playing yesterday and ai are definitely going in right direction.

Some experiences.

Ai using cover hiding behind tree shooting, moved then to a house peeking out shooting . I had to double check to make sure he wasn't a player.

Enemy gorgon. front tires shot out. They didn't bail like the old ways. Drove crippled through the town and wiped out a squad and anyone stupid enough to be visible. Like it knew it was surrounded and jumping out ment death. Made for a great arma battle men hiding in terror.

In gun battles with ai, felt less like my bullets ment nothing to ai or his aim.

What's up with the AI aiming?

Noticing almost 90 degree spread, seems very broken. AI aiming at me 25m away, the bullets hitting the ground directly at its feet. Any way to sort this out?

Does it have anything to do with:

_unit enableAI 'AIMINGERROR';

"AIMINGERROR" - prevents AI's aiming from being distracted by its shooting, moving, turning, reloading, hit, injury, fatigue, suppression or concealed/lost target Available only since Arma 3 v1.42.

"SUPPRESSION" - prevents AI from being suppressed Available only since Arma 3 v1.42.

Not looking for laser beam accuracy, just the bullets to move away from the gun in the direction the barrel is pointing instead of virtually perpendicular.

Applies to helicopters as well (tested with WY-55), not just units. Massive dispersion cone.

I apply this to the AI unit when i need it

_unit enableAI 'TARGET';
		_unit enableAI 'AUTOTARGET';
		_unit enableAI 'MOVE';
		_unit enableAI 'ANIM';
		_unit enableAI 'FSM';
		_unit enableAI 'AIMINGERROR';
		_unit enableAI 'SUPPRESSION';

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Who gave this guy a driver's licence? :D

Welcome to Arma. You will have to get used to that stuff. Also get used to being shot in your back by friendly AI's.

Has AI use of hand grenades completely removed from the game?

No, it hasn't been. They should still use them - mainly if they are uncertain about nearby enemy's position.