Sorry if this has been posted before but once units go into combat mode they remain that way and ignore all other commands "safe","careless".

No enemy on the map either.

Also man setunitpos "up" has no effect once the man setunitpos "down" has been used.

man setunitpos "middle" also works and pilots seem unaffected by this issue.

We are sorry for this ugly bug slipped thru our hands. But don't forget - that's the dev branch. It's rather experimental and we can't fully test all the daily updates ;)

It was caused by a similar issue to

ai sometimes don't even react to being shot now.

It could have been caused by several broken anim. transitions our engine lords were fighting recently during a quest for improved transition system. That should be fixed in the next, upcoming dev. branch.

Some rather major (and also risky) animation system changes and optimizations (which are also necessary to fix some other bugs) have taken place.

Our progs have a fix ready, but it will make it to Steam only after weekend.

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience it has caused.

Some rather major (and also risky) animation system changes and optimizations (which are also necessary to fix some other bugs) have taken place.
SPILL DA BEENS

No, seriously, I'm quite interested in what you've got in mind... maybe the next OPREP? :D

Our progs have a fix ready, but it will make it to Steam only after weekend.

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience it has caused.

Thanks for the info. I think such a regression is not a big issue on dev branch as long as people get informed.

And your hint about major animation changes stirs my curiosity: What may we expect?

Hi all! Wath about drivers AI? For example, if I'm like a tank commander give order to the driver "go forvard", he will drive forward ignoring any obstacles, terrain, etc.

I think the transport driver, receiving order's "forward", "slow", etc. should adhere to motion vector, but logically choose the route of the tank for example.

thank's

Edited by mikha_a

Besides being stuck in prone or combat mode, has anyone noticed that medics (and only medics) are often rendered unable to run? No matter what I do, they just walk after me, even when no healing has been performed. This happened at the start of two Adapt missions.

It happened to me quite often that one or two of the enemy AI in the group would get into the building and start spraying at me and my team from the balcony or behind the window. But im using bCombat so it might affect the AI that way as well.

Man, don't confuse people in this thread with claims that are based on usage of AI mods. Of course bCombat does that. We talk vanilla AI here. Thanks.

Happens without mods and when you put them back to "safe" or "careless" they remain "prone"

AI is badly broken with the latest DEV branch. Had a team of 5 guys under my command, moved under stealth behaviour up to 4 enemy guards, they spotted them but refused to open fire as i told them to. Assigning targets didnt work, same as let them fall back. I opened fire on the guards, one member switched to pistol with no obvious reason and started shooting, others were happy to be killed without firing one single shot on them, clear line of sight, 15 meters distance. Tested with my released mission, first guardpost, didnt happen before last devbranch.

All this happened on current stable build! I had to recover A3 in steam, didnt see that it only recovered stable!

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Man, don't confuse people in this thread with claims that are based on usage of AI mods. Of course bCombat does that. We talk vanilla AI here. Thanks.

I can confirm in MP yesterday I had an enemy AI come into a warehouse and hose me from the side door as I was shooting out the front.

So it's not just bcombat.

AI is badly broken with the latest DEV branch. Had a team of 5 guys under my command, moved under stealth behaviour up to 4 enemy guards, they spotted them but refused to open fire as i told them to. Assigning targets didnt work, same as let them fall back. I opened fire on the guards, one member switched to pistol with no obvious reason and started shooting, others were happy to be killed without firing one single shot on them, clear line of sight, 15 meters distance. Tested with my released mission, first guardpost, didnt happen before last devbranch.

All this happened on current stable build! I had to recover A3 in steam, didnt see that it only recovered stable!

I can also confirm that AI sometimes "Lose it". I'm using the stable branch btw.

More specificly: When you need to make AI dash for their lives in the campaign ( "Hold fire, stand up, move to next waypoint") , the AI just ignore everything you say, make their current position their dramatic last stand, and eventually get pounded into the dirt by the enemy. (For those that finished Adapt: It's "breaking even".)

This also happened in the last mission on the campaign. The AI just decided that they wouln't follow me around anymore....

I can confirm in MP yesterday I had an enemy AI come into a warehouse and hose me from the side door as I was shooting out the front.

So it's not just bcombat.

Cool, that is allright. I am just saying: "Don't bother to report your AI observations if they come from using a mod".

Hi,

I have created a small map where the enemy have no NVG or FLIR based gear but they all have torches attached to the primaryWeapon.

It is set in the middle of the night with full overcast and all of the lamps in the town off.

The AI behaviour is NORMAL and the AI skill levels are all randomised at the beginning of the mission.

the player has NVG and silenced gear.

When the player is detected the AI group that detects them will all pop on their torches and search about.

Which is exactly what I'm after but... the light from the torch seems to translate into something much greater than what the player can see, in comparison to the player using a torch on a primaryWeapon.

If the player gets a hint of the AI's torch pointed in their direction they will be detected at extreme distances.

It is almost like the torch is translating the vision of the AI into NVG or FLIR.

Do you think I've missed some sort of ifUsingTorchReduceVision function somewhere?

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They are pretty much blind without NVGs. I recently made a night stealth mission (Silent justice) and had to give back some NVGs to the AI, because it was just to easy otherwise... as they only shoot back within 100 meters without NVGs. Without NVGs AI tend to flee when they are under fire instead of fighting back or do some blind suppresive fire. This is on the stable verson though, but I assume its the same on dev branch.

You should whack some torches on their primary weapon and see how easy they spot you once they go into combat mode.

It's like a death ray or the uniforms react to light like a reflective hazard sign.

Unable to reproduce. Was engaging them from 300m, they were unable to spot me.

As soon as I switched to daylight via splendidâ„¢ camera, they spotted me. They had flashlights on.

Edited by Best2nd
Daylight test

I should have mentioned that this is more of a CQB issue actually, around 50-100m where your own torch illuminates 10-20 metres ahead with declining clarity but the AI seem to be able to detect further than ought to be possible.

Maybe I need better batteries.

I should have mentioned that this is more of a CQB issue actually, around 50-100m where your own torch illuminates 10-20 metres ahead with declining clarity but the AI seem to be able to detect further than ought to be possible.

Maybe I need better batteries.

Yes I noticed that too. It seems to be a glitch (at least I think it's a glitch) where some light sources, like flares, were weakened. Just try launching a flare in pitch black to see what I mean.

I have mortar emplacements intermittently pumping flares over random positions in the area, once OPFor detects BLUFor.

I also thought the area ought to be BRIGHT WHITE with illumination but I know what you mean it is extremely low light even with 5 flares floating down at a time.

I was hoping that the AI and the player would have the ability to see much clearer with the flares but I haven't, yet, investigated whether there is some sort of value that can be changed with the luminance level with those either.

More investigation... or hoping someone else has done it already, of course!

The AI stance commands seems to be broken after the last dev patch.

It's impossible to get your AI squad back to 'stand up' position after you have ordered them into 'stay crouched' or 'go prone'.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Copy my stance is also broken, but that have never been very reliable in any arma game.

The AT guys won't fire at tanks and the medics are forever prone, when I order them to stand up they stay proned.

Edited by Nightmare515
:L

I also had AI constantly going prone and ignoring stance commands. Initially I thought it was a return of a bug from the Beta where AI would get stuck in prone after they crawled under something while in Safe mode, but these guys just seem to prefer prone too much, because they do sometimes get up by themselves after a while.