I've seen AI run through houses twice in the last few days. I've never seen that in vanilla ArmA.

The first time, my target took deliberate cover behind the corner of a wall. I rushed the building, confident that he would stay put behind the house, easy pickings. But no, he suddenly opened the door on the side of structure nearest me and began spraying me in the face with bullets!!!

they surely don't know how to parachute. they just land where the wind takes them... like, in the middle of the ocean...

when Ai are on safe they are ALWAYS in a column formation... surely they should be mixed around? or randomized?

I also notice that they always tend to walk on roads all the time even though the waypoint is off the road...

will this be changed at all? really gets on my nerves

when Ai are on safe they are ALWAYS in a column formation... surely they should be mixed around? or randomized?

I also notice that they always tend to walk on roads all the time even though the waypoint is off the road...

I noticed this even with UPSMON running :eek:

I've seen AI run through houses twice in the last few days. I've never seen that in vanilla ArmA.

The first time, my target took deliberate cover behind the corner of a wall. I rushed the building, confident that he would stay put behind the house, easy pickings. But no, he suddenly opened the door on the side of structure nearest me and began spraying me in the face with bullets!!!

Maturin, any chance you was on drugs at that moment? :D I yet have to see this. I love those moments when ARMA AI development is in progress.

hmmm AIdevs how come this happens?

regarding the safe mode patrolling in a line all the time and sticking to roads

I have a mission right here for them if they want me to email it (let them post an email address I can use):

The issue:

you step into an armored vehicle and get killed by an enemy orca missile within 30 seconds even though the enemy chopper is too far away and never shows up on radar until its missile is only 3 seconds away from an insta-kill: Very frustrating playing alone with AI. You may say this is realistic but nobody in their right mind really cares because to have this in a game environment truly sucks. You guys need to make up your minds who your market is, the military or mainstream gamers?

How to reproduce with this mission:

1. use request units menu to purchase a Cheetah

2. get into Cheetah by yourself and drive about for 1 minute

3. try to survive the outcome

Fact is...the only real ground defense against Orca's in this GAME are 2 foot patrols with AA launchers. Vehicles get little to no warning of the impending danger and are virtually defenseless much of the time. It may not happen this way every single time but it happens often enough that there's no way the devs don't know about it unless they really dont properly play test their own AI and radar system.

Let me know if you really want me to send the mission.

Can't you put them in staggered column with a waypoint? Or a script, surely.

Edited by maturin

Then put them in staggered column with a waypoint...

whatever waypoint formation Is selected... they always stay in a line when moving (walking)

I have a mission right here for them if they want me to email it (let them post an email address I can use):

The issue:

you step into an armored vehicle and get killed by an enemy orca missile within 30 seconds even though the enemy chopper is too far away and never shows up on radar until its missile is only 3 seconds away from an insta-kill: Very frustrating playing alone with AI. You may say this is realistic but nobody in their right mind really cares because to have this in a game environment truly sucks. You guys need to make up your minds who your market is, the military or mainstream gamers?

How to reproduce with this mission:

1. use request units menu to purchase a Cheetah

2. get into Cheetah by yourself and drive about for 1 minute

3. try to survive the outcome

Fact is...the only real ground defense against Orca's in this GAME are 2 foot patrols with AA launchers. Vehicles get little to no warning of the impending danger and are virtually defenseless much of the time. It may not happen this way every single time but it happens often enough that there's no way the devs don't know about it unless they really dont properly play test their own AI and radar system.

I would much rather see a better radar on the Cheetah and no radar on the helicopter.

BTW.

You guys need to make up your minds who your market is, the military or mainstream gamers?
You can take a lot of flak for that part alone.

new bug...

I placed 2 snipers in water thinking that we can simply SWIM to the shore and my AI colleague drowned... lol and didn't even try to swim anywhere

Not true. In arma2 you had to get closer to the enemy before their realized what side you belonged to whenever you were in a civilian or enemy vehicle. I tested this by grouping myself to an AI leader and had the same enemy AI drive past us on a road. If the enemy AI was in a vehicle of his own side the AI leader called it as soon as we saw the car. If I put the enemy AI in a civilian car, or a car from "our" side the AI leader reacted much later when the enemy was much closer. A few times the enemy AI could drive past us without getting noticed.

I haven't done the same test in A3, so I don't know how it works, but I always presumed it was the same as A2..

If I remember correctly in OFP Resistance there was a mission in which you had to capture BMP-2 and drove it with your team inside the city to capture it. Enemy was neutral to that vehicle but im not sure if that been done with scripting or not.

They do. They set up a whole feedback tracker for things like this: http://feedback.arma3.com/

What's more, by uploading your repro there you can get sympathetic people in the community to test and validate your concern. Like Furret said: everyone wins.

Sorry if this has been posted before but once units go into combat mode they remain that way and ignore all other commands "safe","careless".

No enemy on the map either.

Also man setunitpos "up" has no effect once the man setunitpos "down" has been used.

man setunitpos "middle" also works and pilots seem unaffected by this issue.

Edited by F2k Sel

If I remember correctly in OFP Resistance there was a mission in which you had to capture BMP-2 and drove it with your team inside the city to capture it. Enemy was neutral to that vehicle but im not sure if that been done with scripting or not.

Pretty sure that was scripted. OFP and armed assault had that "insta-switch" on the radar when an enemy jumped into any vehicle, the change came in A2 (and now the step back in A3?).

after a while that the game AI are still prone and so even if the recall orders. do not listen and continue prone and slow :(

Sorry if this has been posted before but once units go into combat mode they remain that way and ignore all other commands "safe","careless".

No enemy on the map either.

Also man setunitpos "up" has no effect once the man setunitpos "down" has been used.

man setunitpos "middle" also works and pilots seem unaffected by this issue.

We need a hotfix, missions become unplayable.

It happened to me quite often that one or two of the enemy AI in the group would get into the building and start spraying at me and my team from the balcony or behind the window. But im using bCombat so it might affect the AI that way as well.

AI has some difficulty to move to buildingpos with domove command, in particular in green military building. They can't move to the highest buildingpos of the military tower.

Something has gone wrong with units that go into combat mode, they become stuck in combat mode this has happened in a recent update as I was only working on my script a couple of days ago and it was working fine without this problem.

Whats going on with you devs it seems like you fix one thing and break two more and its been nearly a year since release and so many things are still broken.

Its frustrating as hell when I'm working on a script that uses selectWeapon and its broken and has been for ages and now I've been working hard on this new script and units in combat mode is broken.

I think you (BIS) should make some sort of public apology for all this crap and thank the dedicated supporters who have stuck by you and your bugged game for this long, I know for me with all of these recent game breaking bugs im getting to my limit with this game.

Is the pathfinding working correctly? Recently AI team-mates have started to move in strange ways, using very long paths to move in car or to move at ordered position. E.g. instead of moving 10 meters to new ordered waypoint they head to camp on right, spin there for moment and then head to the waypoint. 10m route changed to 40m.

started to post a more detailed example of whats happening with combat mode but can't be bothered now.

Just hurry up and fix these bugs would you please devs for gods sake.

Edited by PartyHead