the recent AI changes have been reverted in the so called release version. so all the fixes to robotic insta turn and precsion are gone again for a bit. it would be wise to wait until the changes are officially back in the game. reporting problems before that is literally reporting them based on an old version of the game. very frustrating to have this worse than arma 2 mess again but it'll soon be history again, i'm sure (sure hope so).

Have to admit this is the first time I've ever raged over anything computer game related -lol. Don't give me something, take it back and then give me no access to it because of giant Steam doors! :mad:

Makes me feel like I don't even own the game....... :936:

Maybe it's because you don't... Didn't you read the small print on Steam? ;)

---

This reverted AI explains a lot what has happened after the release. Lets hope it gets back to normal asap.

Folks need to relax and understand how large-scale projects are released! BIS will be supporting and improving Arma3 for a long time. The best is yet to come and it is great already!

yea make no drama and never speak of anything that isn't perfect or the secret BI protection police will make you disappear. :rolleyes:

Folks need to relax and understand how large-scale projects are released! BIS will be supporting and improving Arma3 for a long time. The best is yet to come and it is great already!

Well, no one asked for this...

Have to admit this is the first time I've ever raged over anything computer game related -lol. Don't give me something, take it back and then give me no access to it because of giant Steam doors! :mad:

They didn't give you something then take it back.... you went from development build to release build, which was a reversion. By necessity there is a lock-down of code & content for the release build, and work since that lock-down obviously won't be in the release build.

It would be nice if AI drivers would ignore ambient animals and just run them over instead of stopping.

I was personally against pushing recent AI changes to release for many reasons, mostly connected with amount of possible issues and importance of the change. Thanks to your feedback and lots of internal testing, those changes will soon be available in stable version, I'm sure.

Meanwhile

It would be nice if AI drivers would ignore ambient animals and just run them over instead of stopping.

Just checked it on my side, I can see no issue here. Repro mission would be nice

Just checked it on my side, I can see no issue here. Repro mission would be nice

Hi klamacz, I just tested it on the dev branch with this mission http://www.2shared.com/file/LXnG6709/tank20comlumn20animals20on20ro.html

The 3 ai tanks will ignore chickens (and rabbits), and drive through with no problem, but they will avoid all the other animals, dogs, goats, sheeps. I only tested the modules, I don't know about rabbits. They should ignore all animals for gameplay sake.

Edited by Zorg_DK

I was personally against pushing recent AI changes to release for many reasons, mostly connected with amount of possible issues and importance of the change. Thanks to your feedback and lots of internal testing, those changes will soon be available in stable version, I'm sure.

Meanwhile

The rabbits, those damn ambient rabbits!

Klamacz,the AI drivers still get stuck on rocks.Some code to their tiny brain like this "ahhh rock detected,avoid,avoid,avoid!!" would come in handy.

The rabbits, those damn ambient rabbits!

Actually AI ignore rabbits. Just tested that..

Really, I´ll have to test myself again.

EDIT: It seems as if the dirt road from Agios Konstatinos to Oreokastro is not suited for AI.

The AI has huge problems on that road with any vehicle. It will drive straight into trees and rocks while trying to cut corners.

Edited by Tonci87

AI ignoring small animals, but avoiding bigger ones, is as designed. It's the best compromise between gameplay and weird, unnatural and unrealistic driving over everything.

As for rocks, soon AI will be able to reverse and unstuck themselves from them :)

AI ignoring small animals, but avoiding bigger ones, is as designed. It's the best compromise between gameplay and weird, unnatural and unrealistic driving over everything.

As for rocks, soon AI will be able to reverse and unstuck themselves from them :)

Is it possible to make them ignore all animals when in combat mode?

Great news regarding rock humping.

So if AI ignores small animals but avoids bigger ones it means they also avoid "bigger animals" like AI soldiers??:icon_mrgreen:

I didn't had much time to test lately but in alphaβ AI drivers sometimes played Carmageddon and run over friendlies.

While at this, shouldn't animals avoid large vehicles and loud sounds?

How cool would to be on the middle on a herd of anything and as soon firefights starts they flee away?

Anyway, pre-release awesome AI is back?

While at this, shouldn't animals avoid large vehicles and loud sounds?

How cool would to be on the middle on a herd of anything and as soon firefights starts they flee away?

Anyway, pre-release awesome AI is back?

I am sure that's a known issue Smurf.

What kind of load do the ambient animals (snakes & rabbits) have on CPU usage?

Would it be worth having an option to disable them to gain a few fps since they have no influence on gameplay?

I seem to remember reading that it was planned for snakes to bite if you stepped on them (proximity)

Is that true or are they to remain solely a visual quirk to show friends?

It's the best compromise between gameplay and weird, unnatural and unrealistic driving over everything.

About unrealistic driving AI... today while I was testing one of my missions, in the middle of a firefight I just discovered this weird scene, some kind of love affair between vehicles... :rolleyes:

At least, I must say it has some artistic point :)

Would it be worth having an option to disable them to gain a few fps since they have no influence on gameplay?

I seem to remember reading that it was planned for snakes to bite if you stepped on them (proximity)

With the gazillion snakes we have now you wouldn't need any opfor to kill you if they could bite you.I wouldn't be bothered by snake bites if we could have the option to disable them.

Very early in the alpha stage, snakes were biting and "poisoning" the player, but I only managed to make it happen by rolling around on the ground in front of them. LOL. It's not happened since, however, so now I just shoot them.

AI still have that annoying rate of fire issue. Its been there since OFP thats 12 years and still it hasn't been fixed. :confused:

Edited by Opticalsnare

They didn't give you something then take it back.... you went from development build to release build, which was a reversion. By necessity there is a lock-down of code & content for the release build, and work since that lock-down obviously won't be in the release build.

And here I was thinking after months of doggedly defending the game that I too, was entitled to one self indulgent tirade...... Apparently not

:(