Sign in to follow this  
samir_dnr

Help needed -> to copy (instead of move) a groups of objects to a random pos...

Hi, sorry to bother the community!

i can make a "group" of vehicles/objects/etc MOVE to a random location, but, my mission is like "eternal", so, i need to copy the "group" instead of moving it.

I am using the SHK_moveobjects script for it.

Anyway i can copy (instead of moving) objects (4 energy transformes, 8 wired fences, 2 halogen lights, all pre-set/designed as a silo) to a random pos?

Or, use some sort of (other) script or trigger or marker for it?

Thanks!

Thanks, bro! xD True rock n roll!!! Will test it! xD

Kylania, just to reply... ...before everything, really thx... ...the script "objectMapper.sqf" uses the funcion setVehicleInit... ...which was disabled on Arma3 (sec. reasons...); i am tryin to fix it someway! But, thx anyway! U rock, fella!!!

That's optional though, you could just comment out those sections and as long as you don't need init fields on your objects you'll be golden.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Here's a demo mission showing this at work. Just 0-0-1 to replicate the layout at your current location. Check your RPT to see the output the mapper script made which I used for the transformerSite.sqf file.

Actually, you wanted it random, so place three markers down called "random1", "random2" and "random3" then change the trigger onAct to this:

null= ["transformerSite", 0, getMarkerPos (["random1", "random2", "random3"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom)] execVM "objectMapper.sqf"; 

Edited by kylania

yay, i do need to set some "this allowDamage false;" and sometimes "this allowDamage false;"

It reports err in the line 62, that is:

if (!isNil "_vehicleinit") then {_newObj setVehicleInit format ["%1;",_vehicleinit]};

If i swap it for...

if (!isNil "_vehicleinit") then {

_sCommand = format ["{(_newObj '%1') allowDamage false;}", _newObj];

[_vehicleinit,"BIS_fnc_spawn",true,true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

};

Is this ok? ;-)

---------- Post added at 06:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 ----------

Thx Kylania! True rock n roll! xD