Sign in to follow this  
barry100

WARING - DO not use VILAYER! FOR HOSTING!

According to their website the server will be up in 35 minutes and you get 24//7 support.

I finally got an email from them this morning saying the server was set up and live. Granted it is set up and live but they have sent me all the wrong passwords to access it plus none of the server tools in their control panel work as they all say connection refused!

I have tried to phone them around 20 times in the last few hours with not a single person picking up the phone! I also emailed them, set up tickets (last night and this morning) and not a single ticket has been answered. I went on there teamspeak channel where two admins are like there and not one will talk to me!

I have used many game server rental companies over the years but this shower of scammers need to be avoided!

I'm sensing that you are annoyed. Looks like your caps lock is stuck on the title too.

well i have been ripped off - there website promises the world and you get ripped off instead.. great start to the weekend.

Not quite sure why you expect personal customer service stupid late Friday night and stupid early Saturday morning. You really shouldn't expect anyone to even notice your issues till Monday realistically.

I had a issue with them in the beginning (my fault in the end)

I now have 2 x 30 slot servers from them and cant fault them tbh

Easy to use TCadmin interface.

Yes, they are'nt the quickest to answer support tickets granted!

The 1st server was setup in minutes,the 2nd was quite a few hrs

Not quite sure why you expect personal customer service stupid late Friday night and stupid early Saturday morning. You really shouldn't expect anyone to even notice your issues till Monday realistically.

and I quote them :

We provide top quality 24x7x365 technical support via Helpdesk and 8x7x365 by Phone. If you contact us via any of the options we choose, your issues can be solved within minutes. Even the most complicated of technical issues are guaranteed to be back online and running within no time at all.

-

well ive sent emails tickets and phoned numerous times with not a single reply and the server details they sent me dont work?

I'd also avoid Vilayer with all costs but rather because of the severe copyright infringements that happened with eg. DayZ. They copied the maps of eg. IceBreakr without any permission, removed the copyright texts (where it read that the maps could be used only for non-commercial purposes) from the folders on purpose and began to sell them as "map packets for DayZ". They even kept selling the map packets after the creators of islands contacted them and informated them about the situation, despite of the fact that they were basically making money with stolen content of others! That's why Vilayer is a disgusting company in my opinion. If you ask me, my tip is: NEVER buy ANYTHING from Vilayer.

Thank you for informing US!

Saving us trouble and money!

Vilayer you will never have me as a customer of yours!

we should have a Black List thread for scums like Vilayer!

online thief's :-(

Edited by Colonel-ONeill

Me too, i had 3 servers from them, actually they run fine when they do but their custom support lets them down badly. They dont even make an effort to ask you to stay when you have tried telling them why your leaving. I think they run their business on customer turn over rather than loyalty... Anyone have any suggestions to other hosts please ?

Price is very good for performance but like people have said, their support lets them down so much.

I was on a (another) GSP before... and left it behind, due to waiting times at updates and stuff... i changed to Hetzner and I don't regret.

If you are a community based in Europe - go for Hetzner dedicated and set up a Root like the actual EX-Series.

Remember there is a free 180day Trial of WinServer2008 (you can Google easily) if you dont want to setup on Linux/Wine.

I afford one on my own - and never had troubles and full control over everthing.

You should at least have someone in your community that knows how to operate / administrate a Rootserver (Firewallstuff etc) - but it is no big deal at all if you go for some Tutorials/How-to/Basics.

Setup: while normal office-times -> very fast, latest response were next day (if you provide all needed Data correctly) - and yes, Paypal is possible too!

regards and good luck!

Setup: while normal office-times -> very fast, latest response were next day

I have a Hetzner root too. It once crashed on new years eve at 2330 (it was all my fault). I mailed to hetzner support and the server was running again at midnight. A technician made a hardware reset.

I definitly recommend Hetzner for Root-Gameservers!

I love their service. Although their phone support does suck... 4 weeks later no response.

bluefangsolutions.com - best customer support i have seen for years, 24/7 tech support via accessible teamspeak, tickets are answered within 30 minutes of submitting. Very customer focused

Hi guys,

Well i currently use Gameservage for my provider and have had nothing but great things from them, Great uptime, Smoothness and ping.

All tickets i have submitted have been answered very quickly (Usually within 5-10 minutes) and the price is Extremely good for what they provide.

Should check them out, They offer groups/Clans great perks... You'll be just as happy as me and my community were.

http://www.gameservage.com/GameServage

I am with GameServage too.

Am very pleased in how the ticket handling goes, they even have a live chat in the website and actually get into your server when something is wrong to make sure it works again.

NFO --> http://www.nfoservers.com/index.php

is pretty good, my buddy and I had been with them for a couple of years, their support is pretty good, their response

time to a support ticket is like within an hour after you submitted a ticket.

They have excellent support. First ticket I opened with them their response was 13 mins and the seconds was 7 mins later. They were helpful and not some copy and paste messages like vilayer. We had a problem with vilayer server going down due to DDOS and never had a downtime issue with NFO. Prices are slightly higher but well worth it. We have their four core VDS.

They have excellent support. First ticket I opened with them their response was 13 mins and the seconds was 7 mins later. They were helpful and not some copy and paste messages like vilayer. We had a problem with vilayer server going down due to DDOS and never had a downtime issue with NFO. Prices are slightly higher but well worth it. We have their four core VDS.

Out of curiosity, how many slots can you run on that 4 core vds without noticing slowdowns ingame?

I ordered a vilayer dayz sever on 30/7/2013, couldnt get any dayz mod to work (ive previously had a server on Xstreamgaming.net with no problems and great support response), started a support ticket on 31/7 didnt hear anything so i e-mailed the support and sales on 2/8 it then got to 6/8 with no response, ive now started a paypal dispute and escalated it to paypal and suprise suprise...... still nothing from vilayer! Its by far, for me personally the worst customer service experience ive ever had, just shocking! I would recommend people avoid them!

Yep, they're an utterly shit bunch to have a server with. The server i contribute towards is always going down for no reason! Last night it was full, went down for about half an hour, during which time vilayer renamed the server, then sent an email saying vilayer was no longer in the server name so they stopped it, THEN it magically had its name changed back to what is was before and the server started up again! It didn't get close to filling up again after that as everyone had pissed off onto other servers. They really haven't got one single clue!

Yep, they're an utterly shit bunch to have a server with. The server i contribute towards is always going down for no reason! Last night it was full, went down for about half an hour, during which time vilayer renamed the server, then sent an email saying vilayer was no longer in the server name so they stopped it, THEN it magically had its name changed back to what is was before and the server started up again! It didn't get close to filling up again after that as everyone had pissed off onto other servers. They really haven't got one single clue!

You should have had an email stating that there would indeed be interupted service?

We are excited to announce the coming release of Battleye Extended Controls and Whitelister for our Arma 3 Package.

Within the next 24 hours we will be making changes to the package to add support. These changes require implementing a new script to start the server. Due to these changes there is a chance Arma 3 servers will go down for a short period.

Chances are the transition will be seamless. However, if you do notice your server with a status of Error, it means we are in the process of working on the start procedure. We will work as fast as possible to get everything implemented.

Once everything is in place we will send out an email to let you know you can use BEC and Whitelister.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

See what happens when I give you money to buy stuff ck you put it towards an evil empire!

To be fair, the times i've been on the server its been fine no issues and as we're pretty versed in user cp panels since ofp we've avoided any screw ups which would require admin support.