Sign in to follow this  
BL1P

Will you be keeping the new mouse speed

I actually don't know why do you guys have problem with spinning in place quickly? It will never give you any advantage over enemy. The most you will ever need to spin quickly is 180 degrees (if he is directly behind you), now if you go outside (in reality) and try doing 180 turn, you may notice there is no turn speed limit, you can do it instantly. So don't whine about something not being realistic, if you just think it isn't. If you don't trust me, get off your ass, and try it.

Now to test this as realistically possible, try to get a hold of some sort of rifle, (not working one if possible, I don't want to be responsible for any injuries) I have a friend that has PPSh-41, so i tested on this one (it's weighs almost 4kg). If you really can't get a rifle, i dunno, just test it with a broom and duck tape some weight on it. You will notice that turning 180 degrees in a split second is not a problem, the problem is stopping, like sneakson explained in his post, on page 2, inertia. Now if i know where exactly target is behind me, i can stop exactly on it every time (I am not even a soldier) , since the gun is not really heavy, so there is not a lot of inertia. I imagine a highly trained soldier should definitely have no trouble with it, even on a bad day.

Now I can't say anything about machine gun, but since they are heavier I believe they should be a little harder to start the turn with, and to stop the turn, probably even slow the turning rate with mg a little, like someone mentioned, can't really say anything for sure, but something needs to change, what would be the benefit of taking a rifle over mg (except less weight), especially in CQB when they are pretty much the same to handle. Maybe someone who has actually used them, could provide a little insight.

As for the negative acceleration, it doesn't slow your spinning or make it any more realistic (which is the reason why we are even having this argument), also it doesn't add inertia, so you can basically stop immediately after ludicrous spin with 12 kg in your hands.

And here is a proof of how it looks in arma 2 with negative acceleration --->

So basically what some of you guys want, is negative acceleration back, even though it's nothing close to realistic, but it makes your game harder, therefore it must be realistic. Harder≠Realistic.

PS. I'm talking about standing position, prone should definitely use some tweaks.

Can you name some of these guys?

I actually don't know why do you guys have problem with spinning in place quickly? It will never give you any advantage over enemy. The most you will ever need to spin quickly is 180 degrees (if he is directly behind you), now if you go outside (in reality) and try doing 180 turn, you may notice there is no turn speed limit, you can do it instantly. So don't whine about something not being realistic, if you just think it isn't. If you don't trust me, get off your ass, and try it.

Now to test this as realistically possible, try to get a hold of some sort of rifle, (not working one if possible, I don't want to be responsible for any injuries) I have a friend that has PPSh-41, so i tested on this one (it's weighs almost 4kg). If you really can't get a rifle, i dunno, just test it with a broom and duck tape some weight on it. You will notice that turning 180 degrees in a split second is not a problem, the problem is stopping, like sneakson explained in his post, on page 2, inertia. Now if i know where exactly target is behind me, i can stop exactly on it every time (I am not even a soldier) , since the gun is not really heavy, so there is not a lot of inertia. I imagine a highly trained soldier should definitely have no trouble with it, even on a bad day.

Now I can't say anything about machine gun, but since they are heavier I believe they should be a little harder to start the turn with, and to stop the turn, probably even slow the turning rate with mg a little, like someone mentioned, can't really say anything for sure, but something needs to change, what would be the benefit of taking a rifle over mg (except less weight), especially in CQB when they are pretty much the same to handle. Maybe someone who has actually used them, could provide a little insight.

As for the negative acceleration, it doesn't slow your spinning or make it any more realistic (which is the reason why we are even having this argument), also it doesn't add inertia, so you can basically stop immediately after ludicrous spin with 12 kg in your hands.

And here is a proof of how it looks in arma 2 with negative acceleration --->

So basically what some of you guys want, is negative acceleration back, even though it's nothing close to realistic, but it makes your game harder, therefore it must be realistic. Harder≠Realistic.

PS. I'm talking about standing position, prone should definitely use some tweaks.

oh really, have you forgotten the fairly heavy body armor weighs, ammunition, grenades, rifle, pistol, RPG, and maybe even a backpack full of ammunition, bandage ect ...

tries with all this turned at the speed of superman :j:

Yep, I actually have forgotten about it, but since you mentioned it, I gave it a try. Put on some protective suit designed for work in the woods, and filled 2 backpacks with as much weight possible. I still could turn normally, and stop on time, but it's rather painfull, cuz everytime you stop quickly, something sharp from backpack hits you in your kidney. But since this is nowhere close to real uniform and equipment soldiers have, I agree it is not really a valid test, and something should probably be done with the game, if it ends up being more realistic, then I'm all for it. The only thing I am against is adding negative acceleration. That is definitely not realistic behavior.

Maybe devs could even implement something like, if you're really light weight (not carrying much) you are pretty close to turning like it is right now, but the more you get tired, it's harder to turn fast, and harder to stop the turn immediatelly.

Anyway, just an idea, if you don't like it, don't get upset about it.

now lie on the floor and spin 360 without moving your legs or arms and holding an at and a backpack and an MG

then explain to us how that also is possible :)

Yep, I actually have forgotten about it, but since you mentioned it, I gave it a try. Put on some protective suit designed for work in the woods, and filled 2 backpacks with as much weight possible. I still could turn normally, and stop on time, but it's rather painfull, cuz everytime you stop quickly, something sharp from backpack hits you in your kidney. But since this is nowhere close to real uniform and equipment soldiers have, I agree it is not really a valid test, and something should probably be done with the game, if it ends up being more realistic, then I'm all for it. The only thing I am against is adding negative acceleration. That is definitely not realistic behavior.

Maybe devs could even implement something like, if you're really light weight (not carrying much) you are pretty close to turning like it is right now, but the more you get tired, it's harder to turn fast, and harder to stop the turn immediatelly.

Anyway, just an idea, if you don't like it, don't get upset about it.

I agree with you, if the soldier or the person has no equipment should be turned fast enough standing course!

but there's one thing that people forget to mentioned it, is that in the game there's almost no movement of the foot when turn

quickly, especially on prone position, which gives a unrealistic and robotic effect it's as if the character afloat, and his feet do not touch the ground

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2980

Edited by sofianebilal

I agree with you, if the soldier or the person has no equipment should be turned fast enough standing course!

but there's one thing that people forget to mentioned it, is that in the game there's almost no movement of the foot when turn

quickly, especially on prone position, which gives a irealiste and robotic effect it's as if the character afloat, and his feet do not touch the ground

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2980

Yer totally agree

Agreed, and upvoted. Anyway BL1P, lol'd for a moment there, but I was talking about standing position :) (just to clear it up, if you weren't joking). Anyway I think I read somewhere on the forums that developer said they may not be able to limit prone turning speed, not sure if it has to do with engine or what, but it may be already a lost cause unfortunately (I really hope not). Same thing with this issue http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2149 it's really a big thing IMHO, can screw you countless times, but they tried fixing it, and no luck unfortunately, so we are stuck with it.

Maybe we will just have to wait for ACE to fix all the errors and oversights.

for me it is not just speed limit, you should know that even a soldier can turned rather quickly in prone position, but not in the way that there's in the game (not a horizontal manner , but with vertical way)

which does not limit the character, and make the game with more credibility

i think (not sure) this method is used for example in max payne 3, which makes the movement of character more natural .

Here is a video that shows a little of what I said is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfm80k_ThM

this video was taken was this ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11208

I saw this few days ago, and I really liked the idea, but animations were always a problem for this game, and if they can't make adjustments to prone turning speed, or make the character not stand up automatically when he touches a rock/or is on a steep slope, then I highly doubt they will implement something sophisticated as this, this late in development.

Though I'm still kinda hoping they're just keeping things from us, and when the full games releases, it comes out with a lot of those unlikely features.

for me it is not just speed limit, you should know that even a soldier can turned rather quickly in prone position, but not in the way that there's in the game (not a horizontal manner , but with vertical way)

which does not limit the character, and make the game with more credibility

i think (not sure) this method is used for example in max payne 3, which makes the movement of character more natural .

Here is a video that shows a little of what I said is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfm80k_ThM

this video was taken was this ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11208

The problems with that I find are that those things arent really done/ shown with military equipment in mind.

There is a massive difference between rolling around on the ground with http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/SimpleCat/InfoPage/asp/Comp_ID/16031.html

and rolling around on the ground with http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/04/02/world/JP-MILITARY-1/JP-MILITARY-1-articleLarge.jpg

Which btw is in my observations more or less how everyoneone travels in arma 3.

Logistics and supply are relatively (any by relatively I mean LOL) non existent. Therefore you do not see troops dropping rucks in preparation for contact and such.