Sign in to follow this  
atroublestarter

Improved walrusses from garages?

In the latest patch notes, it says improved walruses from garages can be fitted with weapons in the second slot. What are improved walruses from garages?

Island walruses can have flak guns or missile launchers. Not your carrier walruses though.

Island walruses can have flak guns or missile launchers. Not your carrier walruses though.

Just to make sure I understand, do you mean that island walruses will be able to wield 2 different types of weapons?

Just to make sure I understand, do you mean that island walruses will be able to wield 2 different types of weapons?

I don't mean to interrupt, but I believe this is true, at least for some enemy island walruses. Now that some enemy island walruses seem to have two weapons, I'm hoping that player walruses will soon be able to have weapons (or something) in slot 2, but I'm not relying on it.

Edited by Rob04

I'm not certain if they have two at the same time, I haven't noticed them switching weapons, but they are a lot more dangerous now with the flaks and missiles. Overpowered now I would say while your own walruses are still so weak.

ah ok, i just thought all weapons are usually only for slot 1, so the wording of it is throwing me off a bit lol

The changelog says "Improved Walruses from garages can be fitted with a weapon in the second slot (plasma, AA Gun etc.)." I was under the impression that this meant some enemy walruses would have two switchable weapons. If it doesn't mean that, then this wording has confused me. I can't say which way it is for certain because I haven't come across these walruses often.

Edited by Rob04

Walrus has three slots for equipment.

First slot is used by "small" guns (mg, laser, gatling), second slots is used by capsules and big guns (shell, plasma, missiles etc....), third slot is used by support items like ammobox, computer...

Walrus cannot equip two weapons at once.

First slot is used by "small" guns (mg, laser, gatling), second slots is used by capsules and big guns (shell, plasma, missiles etc....), third slot is used by support items like ammobox, computer...

Thanks, Tomas. Will the player be able to place weapons or items in the second slot of the player's walruses in a future patch? It would be great if something can be placed in slot 2 of the player's walruses.

Forgive my confusion but there's either a mistake or something wrong with my game, as I double checked the weapons like missiles etc, and they're all going into slot 1 :scratchchin:

By the sounds of it though, Rob04's game sounds like it's the same as mine - nothing goes into slot 2. Which doesn't really make sense I guess, as there's little point in having it?

On a side note for Rob04, I actually tried to adjust the slot of one weapon, think it was the Flak, using the unpacked xml files. It appeared, unfortunately, to have no effect.

the walrus body has two slots: one at the front and one in the middle (when you have at least medium armor), in the menu the weapon always shows in slot 1, but on the actual vehicle the weapon goes to the middle mount.

It's only walruses from garages (i.e the "P" stations on islands), not your carrier walruses. If you are running the Deadly Islands mod with islands on deadly, you will definitely notice lots of these overpowered walruses.

the walrus body has two slots: one at the front and one in the middle (when you have at least medium armor), in the menu the weapon always shows in slot 1, but on the actual vehicle the weapon goes to the middle mount.

It might be that some lighter weapons go in one mount and other heavier weapons go in the other mount although they are both called slot 1. This could explain why some weapons are 360 degrees and others are not.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

hmm? Carrier walrusses can mount AA guns or missile launchers too. The island walrusses used to run without those, but since i believe 1.6 they are on par with carrier walrusses, are they not? my carrier flak walrusses pick enemy mantas from the sky just as fast as island flak walrusses my mantas.

my own carrier walrusses count mount flaks long before the ai island walrusses did, which is why i don't understand your comment.

hmm? Carrier walrusses can mount AA guns or missile launchers too. The island walrusses used to run without those, but since i believe 1.6 they are on par with carrier walrusses, are they not? my carrier flak walrusses pick enemy mantas from the sky just as fast as island flak walrusses my mantas.

my own carrier walrusses count mount flaks long before the ai island walrusses did, which is why i don't understand your comment.

Yes, the change only applied to island walruses, not carrier walruses. I think initially I thought these were in addition to their normal weapons. I still say the affected walruses are much deadlier than your carrier walruses, because they swarm and seem to have unlimited ammo. They also seem to me like they don't have to lock targets although I can't say for sure. Missiles on mantas are pretty much essential for taking these out now, whereas before walruses were pretty harmless.