Sign in to follow this  
GreigPil

[SP] Operation Clever Girl

I have no ammunition at the start of the mission in SP!

Edited by Dave215

I have no ammunition at the start of the mission in SP!

Are you using the stable branch? This was built using dev branch and there have been a few class name changes to the vests being used in recent dev branch updates. Unless of course there's been another class change...

Thanks! any plans for the next one? :yay:

I'm starting another mission with Jackson and Lacey that'll allow for player choice in the roles they'd like to play during several stages of a town assault. It'll be paired up, like - first stage you could choose either Recon or Mortar Team; second stage either CAS or Mechanised insertion; third stage either Fire Team Lead in the assault or Fire Support in overwatch. That kind of thing - all in one fluid mission using the strategic map and the AI taking the roles you don't choose, among other supporting elements.

I think it'll require a lot of scripting - but if I can get it done with enough polish it should be pretty exciting. For me, anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it'll require a lot of scripting - but if I can get it done with enough polish it should be pretty exciting. For me, anyway. Thanks for the feedback.

You know, 2nd Ranger is a damn fine mission maker. His mission, For Guglovo was an excellent mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142657-SP-COOP-03*-For-Guglovo&highlight=2nd+Ranger

You should consider asking him to pair up with you!

Just a thought.

Just finished the mission. Stable Build.

• Firstly, awesome fun and a cool range of objectives, if a bit short
  • I really enjoyed the assault and watching the fireworks with the Commanche owning up Mi-26
  • Insertion task didn't complete. Also, an auto-eject for both units like in the Combined Arms Showcase would be better I think. Its not like you have a choice whether to get out or not - although this is of course a minor bit of polish.
  • The big one - Extraction task and Mission completion did not complete. We completed all of the tasks (except insertion which didn't tick) except the optional objective. Extraction just wouldn't kick in i.e. the heli never came. If we were meant to wait ages (5+ mins) for it once reaching extraction we should have a prompt... or at least a hint to say heli incoming but there was no extra info in the task browser.
  • We were both standing right on the extraction task marker but nothing so I shot Lacey in the face and that triggered the end of the mission (Mission Failed).
  • Fix up these things and you've got a winner
  • The opening music was awesome by the way - is that Arma?

If you want a really good time on this mission play it with the latest versions of TMR and JSRS. Especially the new JSRS has updated sounds for high calibre cannons and explosions so the ambush is EPIC as is the Commanche assault. Stealth protocol with my AI team-mate Lacey was pretty cool too, except he kept calling out the Kajman every 3 seconds. Its like dude... I know its there its a fucking Kajman above our heads.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

[*]Jackson, Lacey and the pilot all have setCaptive true 'til they hit the insertion trigger, where it is set false. This is to ensure no one shoots you out of the sky on approach; as the approach itself is far closer than could be described as 'stealthy'. I made a design decision to get the player closer, quicker with a little suspension of belief. However, seeing as the trigger that completes the insertion task didn't meet its conditions for whatever reason - setCapture was true all the way through the mission for you.

Hmmm this might have been the case for me come to think of it. I thought I did it super-stealthy but like I said above, we never ticked the insertion task and so perhaps we were just captive the whole time!!

Oh and these god-damn civilian snakes are getting on my nerves. I don't know why we let them into our country and call them civilians - call me protectionist, call me anti-immigration but they are snakes for god's sake, snakes!!

civiliansnake.jpg

Edited by sproyd

Everything you said above...

Thanks for the feedback, sproyd. I'll take another look at the insertion task and see if I can find where the problem lies. The trigger that checks the insertion task as complete is the same trigger that auto ejects both Jackson and Lacey. Also, the same trigger conditions are used to trigger the extraction sequence - which leads me to believe it's the condition. It's also weird that some people have had this problem but most others haven't.

Thanks again, looking into these problems and finding solutions is helping me learn at a good pace!

Hello can you post an updated version of you're mission on harmaholic because some peoples like me don' t use or don't want to use the workshop thanks in advance .

Btw i have really enjoyed playing this mission on arma3 beta .

tried to play this (dev branch), but neither vest nor ammo present. Seems like you have to re-check the classnames. Or just put in an assortment of vests and some ammo in the briefing weapon pool (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#weapons), then the probability is higher that something survives the next classname changes ;) and it also reflects the fact that a soldier would have some freedom in his loadout for such a mission.

I've edited it so I could play it, but towards the end there seems to be something wrong as well. When I had done all tasks and reached the extraction point, all tasks were set to done as expected, but the (already fulfilled) "kill officer" task was opened again and mission did not end, I had to use endmission to get out.

Edited by Brainbug