Sign in to follow this  
HorbeySpector

NSW Units & Gear (Retex.)

I’ve been creating my own retextures for a while now. My goal with these units is making some decent US NSW stuff (AOR1, AOR2 & Variations).

So far I’ve put a lot of time in getting the seizes and camo’s right. It’s not done, and there’s probably still things that have to be changed; I’ve done my research, but I have never seen one of these uniforms IRL. I would really appreciate feedback that helps me to improve the units.

Things that still have to be done:

-figure out how to add recon versions of the uniforms

-learn how to add the units to a new ‘faction’, for example USN > NSW > SEALs

-make groups

-get the textures for the aor1 baseball cap right. Somehow the camouflages are much lighter on that one.

-testing

Any help is appreciated :)

WIP:

UMH6dCxl.jpg

mLEXM7Pl.jpg

6SxjQIml.jpg

K9fRCqKl.jpg

click for full size.

Edited by ltsThomas

looks pretty damn good to me, very cool.

Top work dude.

AOR1 and AOR2 looks fantastic in ARMA 3 engine! Awesome. Any chance for NSW Blue AOR work outfit? It would be great for some VBSS missions.

To make a new faction, put this in your config:

class CfgFactionClasses
{
    access = "ReadAndCreate";
    class myfactionclassnamehere
    {
         displayname = "My Faction Name";
         side = 1;
         priority = 2;
    };
};

side = 1; will be BLUFOR, priority is simply how high or low on the list of groups your faction will be listed.

Use this to make your own sub-category in the pull-down menu (e.g. Men, Armored):

class CfgVehicleClasses
{
    class myunitgroupclassname
    {
         displayName = "What Kind Of Unit Type This Is";
    };
};

Then, in each of your units' configs:

faction = "myfactionclassnamehere";
vehicleClass = "myunitgroupclassname";

Thanks a lot chief!

AOR1 and AOR2 looks fantastic in ARMA 3 engine! Awesome. Any chance for NSW Blue AOR work outfit? It would be great for some VBSS missions.

They do! :D

About the NSW Blue; maybe later. we would have to see some decent ships in arma 3 first before we could start thinking about VBSS. ;)

The AOR backpack looks good, although it could use some texturing for the zippers and the like.

About the NSW Blue; maybe later. we would have to see some decent ships in arma 3 first before we could start thinking about VBSS. ;)

If by "NSW Blue" you mean the NWU Type 1, I wouldn't bother. I've NEVER seen a SEAL (or EOD or even a SPECWAR/SPECOPS support person) wear them, even in the Exchange. They all wear the NWU Type III on base, and then whatever "special" uniform they need to wear in theater. The NWU Type 1 is horrid and embarrassing. Hopefully we can get rid of it soon.

Edited by gatordev
Changed "Type"

I have never seen one wear it either

The AOR backpack looks good, although it could use some texturing for the zippers and the like.

I'll look into this soon!

the AOR2 looks tasty! It might need scaled up a bit, but it looks good!!

If by "NSW Blue" you mean the NWU Type 1, I wouldn't bother. I've NEVER seen a SEAL (or EOD or even a SPECWAR/SPECOPS support person) wear them, even in the Exchange. They all wear the NWU Type III on base, and then whatever "special" uniform they need to wear in theater. The NWU Type 1 is horrid and embarrassing. Hopefully we can get rid of it soon.

I did mean NWU Type I. Thanks for the clarification.

When out at sea, do seaman currently wear NWU Type I? Or was that just for promo shots? In anycase, the "Battleship" movie made NWU Type I look fairly damn cool from Hollywood's perspective.

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nwu-i.jpg (196 kB)

I might have to seriously consider getting this beta now, way too many good things coming, and some of you guys should be part of the Bohemia modding team, there's some brilliant texture artists out there, and 3d modellers too.. keep the awesome work coming!!

Thomas, that error could possibly be a typo in your config somewhere. Does it only pop up with a specific unit placed on the map, or does it pop up no matter what?

@Valken: Yes, the Navy does actually use Type I when afloat. They started phasing them into service back in '09.

Edited by Tholozor

I did mean NWU Type I. Thanks for the clarification.

When out at sea, do seaman currently wear NWU Type I? Or was that just for promo shots? In anycase, the "Battleship" movie made NWU Type I look fairly damn cool from Hollywood's perspective.

http://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nwu-i.jpg (196 kB)

Some do, some still will wear coveralls, some wear the engineering coveralls. Aviation personnel may wear them or blue or green coveralls. One major failure of the NWU is that it isn't remotely useful for fighting fires, since a large percentage of it is still synthetic, so even if you're wearing them, you'll need to change into the engineering coveralls to fight a fire.

@ltsthomas,

Forgot to say these look great. Thanks for making the modern stuff available in the new engine.

Are you inheriting from the defunct Vest_Base class, if so use Vest_Camo_Base instead.

That worked! Thanks

cL8FLdIl.jpg

click for full size.

Thank you!

I've also added kitbags in both camo's

K6hVF1rl.png

And 2 new pics. :)

j6ABBT3l.jpg

jr9bhF9l.jpg

Are you just texturing the regular combat shirts or are there going to be the sleeves rolled variant too? Great work so far. Looking ward to release!

I managed to get sleeved rolled and t-shirt variants too. :)

I managed to get sleeved rolled and t-shirt variants too. :)
You are now my favorite human on these forums. :D