Sign in to follow this  
disorder

Carrier not autoattacking.

Been playing a game recently with the new 1.06 patch but getting a number of bugs regarding my carrier not auto attacking. More specifically not firing with the back-right flak gun.

I double checked by going into manual control and then selecting back-right flak gun, then pointing at the enemy manta that I wanted to kill (and also shot at it) the gun hits ok, the manta was destroyed. So I come out of manual control. and 3 more mantas end up on that back-right side and the gun sits there. Then the Mantas move to the back-left where I also have a flak and what do you know it starts firing. Then they move to the front where I have a quad gun and the quad shoots them too.

Sooo.. does anyone else get this and can we reproduce it?

Yes, this has been a problem for a long time. Same thing happens with the enemy carrier.

Been playing a game recently with the new 1.06 patch but getting a number of bugs regarding my carrier not auto attacking. More specifically not firing with the back-right flak gun.

I double checked by going into manual control and then selecting back-right flak gun, then pointing at the enemy manta that I wanted to kill (and also shot at it) the gun hits ok, the manta was destroyed. So I come out of manual control. and 3 more mantas end up on that back-right side and the gun sits there. Then the Mantas move to the back-left where I also have a flak and what do you know it starts firing. Then they move to the front where I have a quad gun and the quad shoots them too.

Sooo.. does anyone else get this and can we reproduce it?

Indeed it's not difficult to re-produce, I also made a bugs list in another thread and this problem is included in the list. I think the targeting AI needs an overhaul in general, but especially the carrier. The defensive weapons don't target things that are in range and firing arc, yet the shell cannon is trying to hit aircraft, and shooting at things that it cannot hit because they are behind a building such as the command centre.