scorch_052

Scorch's Inventory Items

Is it possible to activate scripts at the mission level by left-clicking these in the inventory? I searched for such a command but came up with nothing.

Not that I know of. Right now I'm doing it through Dialogs, but you might be able to pop open one of the dayz pbos and see how Rocket did the whole right-click thing.

A video of my most recent script for the items

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJEc7mp38U&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, its still pretty wip. I may release a little beta version if people want it. Also, I'm using some pretty ugly dialogs, as you can see. Thanks to Drongo69 and Larrow, however, I may be able to utilize a better system.

A video of my most recent script for the items

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJEc7mp38U&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, its still pretty wip. I may release a little beta version if people want it. Also, I'm using some pretty ugly dialogs, as you can see. Thanks to Drongo69 and Larrow, however, I may be able to utilize a better system.

Wow good job!

Offtopic: How did you create the menus? Through the tool in-game?

HI

This looks so good. Please release it when you can. Wish had scripting skills like you and all the other talented people, mine

is about two out of a hundred. :)

Just got back from vacation, and unfortunately my laptop(main pc) is broke. I'm in the process of try to transfer my data to my secondary pc. However, this pc does not have a DX11-capable GFX Card so i'm unable to continue work for the time being on this project. Sorry guys :(

Welcome back from vacation buddy!

Broke your Laptop? You know your not supposed to swim with those things right?

I don't care how small her bikini is! Where'd you go? I just back from seeing the

B-29, B-25, etc., Jet Man and the cool Harrier perform at AirVenture.

Anyway. Any plans on setting this up so we can access the items individually in

the editor so we don't have to use an entire Box? Would like to place Items down

on the ground, buildings, tables, etc.

Also, not sure if you saw this since you jumped threads right after I posted and

released your addon:

Various maps, blueprints, paperwork, schedules, passcodes, routes, contacts, plans, microchips, guidance-chips, decoders, encryption, prototypes, radios, frequency charts, satellite data, shipping manifests, classified folders, top secret intel, components, electronics, timers, detonators, medical items, virus, culture dishes, chemicals, compounds, radioactive isotopes, bio-warfare, experimental formulas, keys, keycards, variety of ID cards, passports, RFID, launch codes, the secret formula to take over the world... *holds pinky up to mouth* ok, getting carried away. You get the drift. Off the top of my head.

For alot of them you can use the same Image, just use a different classname.

Example, Same Map Image but several 'types' like sc_maplogistics, sc_mapsamlocations,

sc_maptroopcamps, sc_mapminefields, sc_mappowcamps, sc_cellphone1,2,3,4,5 etc.

Looking for multiples for same thing. Several maps, Cellphones, Datachips, Radios, etc

so for example there might be several different Radios on the Map carried by different

Units. You may need to huntdown X unit to grab Radio #7 in order in grab a Frequency

or listen-in on that specific Radio Channel. So many ideas racing through my head...

Ok, I'm done. Welcome Back!

Edited by Goblin
ocd

I went to disney world.

Okay I see what your saying about the maps and radios and such, I can take a look at that. As for getting individual items, just do additem "sc_x" where x is the item (i.e. sc_bandage)

Hey, I placed this on my server.

The @sc_items folder as well as copied the keys folder from /@sc_items/keys/ into /keys/.

Added the @sc_items to -mod= parameter.

Yet, when I try to join my server I get kicked off and get message

Files "(...)@sc_items\addons\scorch_invitems.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Have you placed the key on the server and started it on the server. Also, is the .bisign file present?

Copied the @sc_items map to the serverroot and copied the keys from @sc_items/keys/ into serverroot/keys/. And enabled it in the startup parameters. Just like I did with every mod. In serverconfig I disabled the keys/mods check, since the server is passed and only for my clanmembers, and it works. But I prefer to have the server just checking for keys/mods.

Hmm, thats strange. I don't have access to my server atm so i cant test it, but I'll take a look at the keys and see about reuploading them maybe.

love the addon but Is there a way so that the items use the actual objects once they are placed on the ground?

eg. The laptop is placed on the ground and it uses the 3d model found in the empty- objects (small) - Laptop.

thanks for any replys :)

This mod apparently is no longer supported. I tried using it today and it doesn't work at all. Scorch do you still support this mod and if so can you please try and give it an update?

Hi! Thankyou for making it! At date i'm using ARP 1.2 for Arma 2.

Can i use your addon in Arma 2?

ok, not that this has been touched in a while, so im heavily doubting i will get a response, but meh....

so im trying to use this on my dedi server, but i keep getting kicked if i have verifysignatures turned on, so im guessing there's something wrong with the Key maybe?

also, if possible ita be cool if you could add cannabis leaves along with the joint so you could do harvesting as well ;)

and finally, would it not be possible to match most of the items with ground objects already in the game?, ie canned_food  sc_item with baked beans tin (ground object) for example or can you only do it with objects that can already be placed in your inventory?......but maybe you could do a place weapon holder type thing with the molle pack but have it spawn invisible and attach/ spawn each object that corresponds to each item with it?, obviously you can t do it for everything but worth t for some stuff IMO....

Fantastic addon, Scorch, thanks a lot.

One question: Could you add it to Steam workshop too? This would be great and make things easier.

Yeah I'll see about putting on workshop when i stop being lazy and release the new version.

• Like 2

New version? Nice! Does it have the new and better pictures too?

Looking forward to it, great mod! And thx for Steam workshop release.

Hi Scorch,

Thank you for this addon.

Unfortunately, it can't be installed anymore through WithSix updater, could you please check it out ?

Thank you !

Updated mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Scorch_052 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.