Sign in to follow this  
silverstone08

bulet trace foir diagnostic

hi all

so essentailly im trying to work out a way of using the stable edition of the beta to see wheree and how arma 3 uses bulklet pysics. i sasw on a video someone posted anbout their (the video has been removed now ) that when they were showing of the ballistic path of the bullet it had a solkid green line appear as it ttraveld indicating exactrly wherre it went. i hope this is clear enough idea of what im looking for so basically how do i activate this or did ther person create a custom mod just for it?

hey ironically thats the video im on about he must have reuploaded it. ikm on about the green tracing effect shown in the video im wondering if that is his mod or is a diagnopstic tool that can be activiatred?

hey ironically thats the video im on about he must have reuploaded it.

No, that's his video of the addon he created. Read the topic.

Here a quick preview with different calibers and the debug mode activated to see projectiles trajectories (the green path are debug) with a cross path wind of ~20 km/h. (The mission is available for testing in the package)

thats what imon about im wondering how to aciutvate it

You install the addon and follow the instructions.

grrr sorry to get asnnoyed but the whole fecking point of this thread is the debug is not part of the mod its seperate i ahve asked him and hes getting back to me but he was told by someone how to enable it so not sure whne if ever ill hear from bhim.

It would be a lot easier if you just installed the addon and accompanying mission. The debug is a feature of L'Etranger's addon.

grrr sorry to get asnnoyed but the whole fecking point of this thread is the debug is not part of the mod its seperate i ahve asked him and hes getting back to me but he was told by someone how to enable it so not sure whne if ever ill hear from bhim.

your getting annoyed because you are "not" listening to these people.. This is to funny .....

The debug script is in a mission that comes with the MOD... these lovely patient people are trying to tell you that... Please Understand that.. Everything you need is in VTS_BALLISTICS.........

You also need CBA (Community Base Addons) I believe as well in order to get it to run as you see in the video.

Make sure you have both CBA and VTS_Ballistics enabled.

In the test mission use radio alpha to turn on/off debug mode. Radio bravo to disable wind. Radio charlie/delta/echo/foxtrot for slow/medium/strong/storm wind respectively.

Anywhere else, like you own missions or just under editor preview set vts_ballistic_debug to true to see debug.

As everyone else has said the debug is actually built into the addon there is nothing special you have to do other than enable the debug variable.

Silverstone, just for your info, L'etranger is moving house/jobs to a different part of the world. So cut him some slack eh? His PC is in transit currently and he has no access to the internet.