Sign in to follow this  
baker1976

some mods won't appear at enable mod screen

hi i'm going nuts here, so when i install some mods they won't appear at the enable mod screen, and i am certain that i install them in the right order.

So any suggestions ?

greetz

Hello there.

Are you sure you have them in the normal Arma 2/AO folder? They should be called @Yourmod

After that, open up your arma 2 AO game --> Expansion --> @Yourmod --> Enable --> (You are getting up an message saying you need to restart your game) --> Restart it.

Maybe you need to have your game closed? For me its working when it up, but i dont know with you. (It should be the same?)

Anyways, do you have the steam or the normal version of arma 2 AO? Im just familiar with the Steam version.

Also check that you remembered to put the PBOs into a folder called Addons inside the @modname folder. I've made that mistake once or twice when in a rush or very tired. Mods won't show up, nor work however you load them.

I have a combination so A2 is a steam version, OA, BAF, ACR, PMC aren't so i installed them in the the A2 folder to get CO. Could this give issues? I doubt it but you never know.

Open up your Arma 2 AO folder, make a new folder called @Whateveryouwant make a new folder in that one called Addons and another one called keys (if you have a key), Place all the addons in the Addons folder, and the keys in the keys folder (if you have one), after that do what i told you in the first post.

Hope this worked.

Hi, check out my sig link for installing mods its the best thread detailing mod load orders and all things mods.

@mrCash: the link Addon/Mods Help Thread in your sig may be incorrect - took me to The.D's old (& fairly obsolete) thread on combining Ace with GL4, etc.

Not sure this is what you intended for a newbie :)

@Baker1976: There's an Armaholic FAQ on installing addons here

and another dealing with setting up addons in Steam here

Edited by Orcinus
Found additional info (links)

Well its not exactly that, it shows how to set-up load orders for mods (what was asked in OFP) which was the main thing, obsolete becuase the game came out in 2009 and not much has changed or needed :)

If you really want less hassle then try out Arma2 launcher:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Set and tick what you want on launch, still use it now.