Sign in to follow this  
hydrobigbang

ARMA3 no longer starts

About a week ago my arma started crashing every time i try to start up,when I launch the game my mouse cursor vanishes and nothing happens until I click then my screen goes black and stays that way until I click again and then I get ARMA3 has stopped working.I tried uninstalling the game and wiping all arma3 related files from my hard drive an reinstalling from scratch and I still get the same thing.

My specs

windows7

MOBO ASUS P8 Z68-V/GEN3

CPU I5 2500K

GPU EVGA 670

12 GIGS of RAM

Try to 'check cash' from game properties in Steam. Also try to cut your Arma3.cfg from \Documents\Arma 3.

Tried validating again and deleting the cfg file and still got the same thing

Is anything else running? Some programs like Bandicam prevent Arma3 from starting. Also some people have DPE problems with Arma, in which you'll need to allow it to run via User Control -but generally you would receive a Windows error with a long string code.

I got it working,turns out FRAPS was preventing it from starting,thanks for the help.

I got it working,turns out FRAPS was preventing it from starting,thanks for the help.

Thanks for reporting!

The amount of ppl that reply - hey dont matter, all fixed now! But don't say how they fixed it -so that it may be of use to others. :cool:

I have the same issue, fraps did not casue it. I can see it running in the background it just never appears