Sign in to follow this  
gc8

moving vehicle to spot

hi

can you make a vehicle let's say a tank to drive to a spot accurately? i tried the move commands but the tank doesn't always move close enough. it seems to consider being near enough.. i tried also setting waypoints with small completion radius without avail.

is this not possible?

thanks

Yes it is, alot of tutorials on youtube, here is a good one :

Hope it worked.

hmm yes i know how to put waypoints but my question is does the AI drive to the spot or merely near the waypoints? and why does the AI stop at every waypoint , i haven't put any delays in waypoints.

thanks

try placing the waypoint 10 meters ahead of the point where you want it to stop. see if that works

yes i tried that but the tank always stops at waypoints before moving on.

the best way I've seen is to script the movements of the vehicle using marker positions.

tankname doMove getMarkerPos _marker1;

if you use multiple markers just make sure you add in a distance check to set his waypoint to following marker otherwise you'll get the stopping at every single marker 1st then move.

ok i tried doMove as well and there's only couple of proplems.. first the tank also stops on every new doMove command. But what is worse i found out that if you issue another doMove too fast after the first one the tank stops moving at all..... so i tried making a script to determine if tank started moving after doMove command, to avoid this problem.

so it seems quite complicated with doMove as well.

has anyone else got problem like this with doMove?

One thing I've noticed is with AI tanks is that if you only have a driver they are much better at driving. Stopping time is a fraction of a second but as soon as you have a complete crew it's anything from 3-6 sec deleay on some waypopints.

I suspect the commander is issuing orders that confuse the driver.