Sign in to follow this  
Antares

Patch 1.6.011 Impressions

The walrusses turn quicker and they manage even not bump against each other. I started a new campaign after installing this one. I arrived at arachnid, I will report further impressions here, and of course every riproducable bug will reported at http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/ .

P.s.: Did you know that you can skip the Whole underground facility egoshooter sequence, on Vulcan ? Just go straight ahead, after you arrive at the lift which leads you down underground instead entering the lift, and you arrive at the command center. Funny comment: This Chinese are copying everything even the artilery and then they forget to close the fortress, somebody has forgotten the Keys to lock it up, right ? Right !! I never knew that one man alone could fight against a Whole fortress.... Really funny.

If you want extra grip I have redone my GripMod it works quite well.

Thanks for the offer, maybe I will try. My problem is not the grip of the walrusses, but my problem is, that only the HEAT weapon can turn 360 degrees, meanwhile the other weapons do not. (maybe i forgot one or two, I am refering to the lasers, grenade launcher and similar weapons, which have a blind spot at the behind part of the walrus.

I would like to see a mod about that weapons. I am tired to get killed from behind, LOL. Just a suggestion, you see ?

Edited by Antares
grammar

How do I get the GripMod? I can't find it. Can it be used with the retail version of Carrier Command or is it only for the Steam version?

If you have the SDK version of the latest patch, you can unpack it and it will unpack .xml files with game coding in them. There is some information in there about turrets, cameras, etc etc, but haven't found anything that could definitely be turret rotation angles yet, but someone else might want to take a look.

Some things i've changed in the XML files however seem to have no effect, the only thing i've managed to do is make the 3rd person HUD the same as the 1st person hud.

Decided with 1.6 to play the campaign through for the first properly since getting the game. I've been putting off playing the campaign because of the initial issues reported by others and because I just enjoyed playing the strategy game so much. Anyway I'm just after taking fulcrum and I've had about 3 crashes along the way so far, they usually seem to happen when a cutscene is about to start. Luckily loading the last game saves have been working for me though so I've not hit any dead end crashes. Enjoying the funny dialogue from the characters and the fps sections are interesting and a refreshing change from playing the strategy game so much.

I also found the FPS parts refreshing from the Island-taking gameplay. The last series of missions from Thermopylae on are, in my humble opinion, fenomenal. I won't spoil anything.

Too bad for the frequent crashes whenever a cutscene is about to start.

Please, follow my hint: during these FPS missions and the later "special" mission, save often. You don't know when a cutscene is about to start and freeze the game.

There is just one detail that put me off the FPS stages (other than the mouse speed and the lack of jump): the same-y look of the interiors in some bunkers and buildings. There is no minimap, and I got lost here and there because all walls and hallways look the same. But it is not that bad. Enjoy! :)

Too bad for the frequent crashes whenever a cutscene is about to start.

From my modding work, I can say the cutscenes have been the bane of my life, so I can sympathise with the devs on this.