Sign in to follow this  
scorch_052

Scorch 's Inventory Item Pack

Hey guys,

I'm going to make a pack full of combat-oriented inventory items for people to use in their missions and such. It will add everything from bandages and morphine to individual bullets and empty magazines.

I hope to release many items through this pack. If you have ANY requests, post them and I may do them.

Note: This will not include any actual models, sadly, as I have no modelling experience whatsoever.

Edited by Scorch_052

Could you be a bit more specific?

Are these just visual items? Looking for some things you can actually grab and move like intel-type things; classified folders, files, blueprints, microchips, etc.

I play mostly spec-ops style missions. HALO in and sneak to a comm tower, intercept encrypted enemy communications, or hit a command building and simulate grabbing some X intel. And so on... If you could fill-in the X part with cool stuff, that would rock!

I tried ARP2 but I don't think you can grab anything either (unless I missed something). I have yet to contact the maker but saw your post and decided to chime in quick.

Edited by Goblin

The items will be things you can pick up and put in your inventory. However, they will just look like a little MOLLE pouch(similar to watches,compasses,etc.) when they are dropped on the ground.

The items will be things you can pick up and put in your inventory. However, they will just look like a little MOLLE pouch(similar to watches,compasses,etc.) when they are dropped on the ground.

So, basically what you're saying is they'll serve no real purpose? Or am I misunderstanding you and you also intend to script a wounding/medical system that makes use of items such as the bandages etc? I'm not wanting to come across as a dick (though I probably am, I have a habit of doing that), but if all they do is fill up your inventory, and don't even have a "world" model to look at (i.e. the documents looking like documents so could be scripted as an objective as Goblin suggested), then they don't really seem to serve a purpose.

Alone they dont really have a purpose, no. But, I'm going to be using alot of the items for scripts in mission, and I'm going to release this so other scripters can do the same.

I think this would be a good addon. The MOLLE pouches would work just fine. You can spread them around a room or use some random spawn-type script. Example: You have to recover some troop movement and logistics maps. Check X, Y, and Z rooms and all the pouches to ID the sensitive intel you're looking for. Grab and run!

Keep us up-to-date in your first post with the current list. Like I posted earlier, personally looking for high-value type stuff:

Various maps, blueprints, paperwork, schedules, passcodes, routes, contacts, plans, microchips, guidance-chips, decoders, encryption, prototypes, radios, frequency charts, satellite data, shipping manifests, classified folders, top secret intel, components, electronics, timers, detonators, medical items, virus, culture dishes, chemicals, compounds, radioactive isotopes, bio-warfare, experimental formulas, keys, keycards, variety of ID cards, passports, RFID, launch codes, the secret formula to take over the world... *holds pinky up to mouth* ok, getting carried away. You get the drift. Off the top of my head.