Sign in to follow this  
simon1279

[SP/Coop 04] Find the Evidence

eli.png

you have been inserted by a chopper on the sea, you must infiltrate underwater a dive from the chopper is needed :), once you're on land you have a backpack with all you need for the mission on land, you can make also your AI to change clothes by pressing 0-0-1, your task is to find a suitcase and escape from the island

simple short nice mission, your enemies are indipendents you wear the clothes of a NATO SF team, there is no respawn so you have to think fast and work good to complete the mission

i hope you have fun :)

you have to find this:

img.png

DOWNLOAD v.2.0

DOWNLOAD MP CO 06 RESPAWN

UPDATED TO 2.0

NEW CO 06 MP added includes respawn but no SCUBA, spawn enemy script by Ghost

Special thanks to Ghost for testing, suggests, and additional scripting

additional Infos: this mission also works great on dedi servers

Edited by Simon1279

Quite fun mission, well done :)

I got two script errors while playing, nothing that broke gameplay but maybe easy to fix, I dunno know.

First msg just after jumping into the water; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/misc/error1.jpg

Second msg when picking up the briefcase: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/misc/error2.jpg

My suggestions for coop would be to make it a bit longer/bigger.

All in all a fun mission, excellent work :)

Did I just read you can change clothes? Or was that just AI?

Also, how did you setup so you can pickup something?

Will have to download now and try... :D

Quite fun mission, well done :)

I got two script errors while playing, nothing that broke gameplay but maybe easy to fix, I dunno know.

First msg just after jumping into the water; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/misc/error1.jpg

Second msg when picking up the briefcase: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6898448/misc/error2.jpg

My suggestions for coop would be to make it a bit longer/bigger.

All in all a fun mission, excellent work :)

Hi Simon, i've got the same errors, but the mission goes on without any trouble, it was fun :)

Just finished...

Lost 1 man right away. Not sure how. Drown? (not your fault)

Good Mission. 1st Mission I've ever tried; feel honored? :o

The change-your-clothes caught my eye as this is something

I was trying to figure out. How do you set it up so you start

with the uniform you want in your Backpack? I started a thread

asking this just earlier today. Also the weapon. Was under the

impression you could not pack these up at start. Very cool.

Thanks.

Only critique: (besides the two errors [public beta]) is the enemy

is too static. Should have them wonder about a bit to feel more

natural. Guessing the Briefcase is always in the last place you look?

LOL Good job!

Update:

Was wondering if you also knew a work-around to land with, or

maybe create a Backpack, when you land after parachuting in?

Sucks to land in mission area but not have hardly any gear.

Edited by Goblin
parachute question

well, the errors are related to sleep command inside the triggers activation, worked in arma2 doesn't work in arma 3, fixed

working on to make it more challenging expecially for MP for SP this will make you to hate this mission

working on better patrolling system for enemies, me too i've found 'em a little static

for the objective (siutcase) i'm working on to make it spawn randomly trought script, because seems to don't work properly in MP hosted, in SP works just fine i've grouped the object to markers in arma2 style

@Goblin it's a script made by me you can grab it from my mission and use it at your pleasure, you have just to change the items, weapons, ammos classnames

the scripts are aiclothing.sqf and zainosub.sqf (this last for backpack)

UPDATED TO 1.1 see 1st post

Edited by Simon1279

How do I find those scripts? The Mission is just a .pbo file.

I don't believe you can open those can you?

Recommend: Sprinkle a few guys around the entire area (5-6) and set them to Limited, Safe, then WP Dismissed. For the guys camped out, several WPs with a Cycle works really good. Just set down 3-4 WPs right in the middle of camp with the outer radius around the buildings/camp using timed stops as well (min2, mid22, max222) so its random and unpredictable each and every time you play.

Edited by Goblin

How do I find those scripts? The Mission is just a .pbo file.

I don't believe you can open those can you?

Recommend: Sprinkle a few guys around the entire area (5-6) and set them to Limited, Safe, then WP Dismissed. For the guys camped out, several WPs with a Cycle works really good. Just set down 3-4 WPs right in the middle of camp with the outer radius around the buildings/camp using timed stops as well (min2, mid22, max222) so its random and unpredictable each and every time you play.

there aren't wp everything is scripted, for the rest just check out these forums and you'll find a way how to open pbo exc. sadly this isn't the correct topic to ask these kind of things

We had some problems trying this out in a three man coop game yesterday.

At the start of the mission enemies start attacking from the beach before we had a chance to eject.

Killed one of us, and we where unable to get into the water because the heli tried to escape the attack.

Suggest you move the insertion point west or east so the enemies don't spot your arrival.

We had some problems trying this out in a three man coop game yesterday.

At the start of the mission enemies start attacking from the beach before we had a chance to eject.

Killed one of us, and we where unable to get into the water because the heli tried to escape the attack.

Suggest you move the insertion point west or east so the enemies don't spot your arrival.

thank you very much i'll do it today

Simon

I played the mission as COOP for two players (client-hosted, not dedicated server) and as single player. In the COOP game I took the role of the life saver and drowned because I had spawned in land gear - thus without the rebreather. When I played in SP mode Ii checked that all AI comrades were wearing wet suits. As someone else commented that one of his guys drowned, a possible mistake in the change-clothes script may be the explanation.

I didn't know that the attack on the helicopter was not planned. I think it makes sense as it is. The helo flies low and fast. This makes the jump interesting.

When the firefight on the beach lasts a while the enemy sends reinforcements. Are these newly spawned characters or are they the guards of a nearby location so that you can lure the opponents into an ambush and enjoy the rest of the mission with reduced enemy presence?

Thanks for sharing the mission. I like it and will surely play it again - hopefully with a full team of human players.

Cool mission

I came in from the north east and sat on the hill opposite the first marker, picking off dudes running in from 3 locations... did the rest of the mission just taking out guys in buildings.

As someone else commented that one of his guys drowned, a possible mistake in the change-clothes script may be the explanation.

it's related to a script for the medic to start in wetsuit, it works as it is in dedi servers, i'll pm you a server sided, in mission script, and i'll wait for a feedback

Updated mission and links and "new" mission added