zooloo75

[SCRIPT] Explosive-To-Vehicle

8 hours ago, jandrews said:

Hello, thanks for the fix.  I see some debate on if this is mp or not.  After looking through the code will it run in mp?

Hi,

I'm not the author, @zooloo75 is, and he's been away from the forums since February.

From what I can see, the code runs locally so there should be no server issues. Don't expect other players interacting with your explosives though.

You do need to create a Game Logic named server on your mission.

I would also add this to init.sqf (before waitUntil {time > 0}; and after all your personal server code).

Better yet (or also move to initPlayerLocal.sqf):

//No Headless Client or Dedicated Server
if (hasInterface && !isDedicated) then{
	waitUntil {time > 0};
	execVM "EtV.sqf";
	waitUntil {!isNil "EtVInitialized"};
	[player] call EtV_Actions;
};

@Tankbuster You do know that's a 6 year old comment, right?:rofl::respekt:

Edited by RCA3
  • Haha 3

@jandrews Sorry for the late reply. I run a dedicated server, and yes, the script works fine in a multiplayer mission.

Bomb voyage! (... ba dum tiss) 

• Haha 1

This used to work for me with multiple selectable respawn positions but now it does not. I have tried the new stuff posted by RCA3 and that didn't help either. I don't know if the file at Armaholic is the latest or not. ZooLoo75 is no longer around and I cannot find it in his dropbox.

@Alleged Accomplice Alright bub.

I don't know which version you have on your hard drive. But the Armaholic download link version works for me, both SP, MP, and Dedicated. 

As it says in the README, I activate the script using this code in the init.sqf:

waitUntil {time > 0};
execVM "EtV.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil "EtVInitialized"};
[player] call EtV_Actions;

The recent posts with RCA3's additions simply add another class of objects to which you can attach explosives. It won't change how the script starts.

My advice:
Does the script work in the test mission included in the download? Are you able to get the script to work on a new mission? 

Don't know why you mention respawns as part of the problem; my Dedicated mission had 12 players using the "BASE" template with markers (the test mission used different respawns). It worked fine.

Good luck!

I will have to go back and make sure about the file but I did try it with base and markers and it didn't work. The test mission I have didn't have a respawn marker, you just spawned in where the guy was.

@Alleged Accomplice Ah, so you're having trouble with the respawn? Not the attaching of explosives?

The script should not interfere with any aspect of the respawn system. Honest. 

On 2/23/2020 at 8:34 AM, Alleged Accomplice said:

I will have to go back and make sure about the file but I did try it with base and markers and it didn't work. The test mission I have didn't have a respawn marker, you just spawned in where the guy was.

^ To get this in your mission, follow this guide: http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-respawn-on-marker/

(You are correct that the test mission does not have any respawn in it. You have to add that yourself)

Good luck bub =]

The addon I found works no matter what but with only DemoCharge_Remote_Mag. Gonna try to add to the addon, not something I'm good at but the author is no longer doing anything to it.

Stick charge on vehicle/wall/door (blow it),  satchel or demo, SP/MP, team switching, respawning, saving and reloading mission....  (Did I forget a case?)

There is a MGI module for that.😉

On 9/26/2020 at 11:21 PM, pierremgi said:

Stick charge on vehicle/wall/door (blow it),  satchel or demo, SP/MP, team switching, respawning, saving and reloading mission....  (Did I forget a case?)

There is a MGI module for that.😉

I found an addon, it works, not yours, I'll have to get that to try it. Wait a minute, it says I'm already subscribed to your modules, how have I not seen the explosive one HUMMMMM. Not paying attention is my guess LOL