zooloo75

[SCRIPT] Explosive-To-Vehicle

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I really love the script, it'll be very useful in my mission.

Just one request: is it possible to make the explosion a little bit smaller?

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I really love the script, it'll be very useful in my mission.

Just one request: is it possible to make the explosion a little bit smaller?

Well I couldn't find out how to get the actual explosion that the explosive makes so I had to use the helicopter explosion in cfgVehicles.

Well I couldn't find out how to get the actual explosion that the explosive makes so I had to use the helicopter explosion in cfgVehicles.

HELICOPTER EXPLOSION!? Did you know that helis have an invisible fire that lasts indefinitely after they explode?

Can you find an Offroad explosion? I think it's much better.

HELICOPTER EXPLOSION!? Did you know that helis have an invisible fire that lasts indefinitely after they explode?

Can you find an Offroad explosion? I think it's much better.

Do you see an offroad explosion in cfgVehicles?

Do you see an offroad explosion in cfgVehicles?

No, I don't know anything about scripting. :D It was just a suggestion.

err... couldn't you just do deletevehicle urbomb; like 20 seconds after it goes boom?

It does delete the explosive...

@ADUILO: What are you talking about invisible fires? I didn't spawn a helicopter - I spawned its explosion.

Edited by zooloo75

This is awsome mate, fantastic job.

Reading through your thread you mention its "easy" to add the other explosives aswell, do you have any plans for doing this or will i have to figure it out by my self? :)

Im primarly thinking satchel charge, as the other ones really dont have any purpose being attached to anything.

This is awsome mate, fantastic job.

Reading through your thread you mention its "easy" to add the other explosives aswell, do you have any plans for doing this or will i have to figure it out by my self? :)

Im primarly thinking satchel charge, as the other ones really dont have any purpose being attached to anything.

I won't leave you with the trouble, I'll add Satchels right now! :P

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Updated! Added satchel charge functionality.

I won't leave you with the trouble, I'll add Satchels right now! :P

Well thank you good sir ;)

The community is lucky to have people like you here hehe.

Just added some extra functions to the script to allow for separate explosion classes for different explosives.

Well thank you good sir ;)

The community is lucky to have people like you here hehe.

Seconded!

Just made concept script for fast-roping.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1au3w7eq6cax60r/mwlO5Z6h1i

Will give it a go mate, keep the "axed" scripts coming ;)

EDIT:

Ok tryed it, and this is pretty damn cool mate.

It works exactly as it should. :)

Some feedback:

I hope you find a way to completely get rid of the variable name the chopper has to have for it to work, i tested it with a chopper i did not name "heli" and it doesnt work.

But im sure you already though about this mate. It would be pretty cool if you could use it several choppers at the same time over the same LZ :)

Another suggestion, would it be possible to limit the "Deploy Fast Rope" option to only pilot and co-pilot?

So no passengers members accidently click it to early or to high.

Or at least make it optional, if even possible :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Will give it a go mate, keep the "axed" scripts coming ;)

EDIT:

Ok tryed it, and this is pretty damn cool mate.

It works exactly as it should. :)

Some feedback:

I hope you find a way to completely get rid of the variable name the chopper has to have for it to work, i tested it with a chopper i did not name "heli" and it doesnt work.

But im sure you already though about this mate. It would be pretty cool if you could use it several choppers at the same time over the same LZ :)

Another suggestion, would it be possible to limit the "Deploy Fast Rope" option to only pilot and co-pilot?

So no passengers members accidently click it to early or to high.

Or at least make it optional, if even possible :)

You can add the functionality to any air vehicle. I just have it setup so anyone can deploy the rope and only the heli vehicle has the functionality for demonstration purposes. You can add the functionality to as many vehicles you want if you know how.

You can add the functionality to any air vehicle. I just have it setup so anyone can deploy the rope and only the heli vehicle has the functionality for demonstration purposes. You can add the functionality to as many vehicles you want if you know how.

I don't know how. :( Can you tell me?

Well as an example, lots of our missions have a pole where we "request" vehicles.

Theese dont have any variable name and i dont really want to have to name them all, thats basicly why i requested this being automaticly applied to any helicopter spawned into the mission :)

Well as an example, lots of our missions have a pole where we "request" vehicles.

Theese dont have any variable name and i dont really want to have to name them all, thats basicly why i requested this being automaticly applied to any helicopter spawned into the mission :)

You don't have to name it. This is just a demonstration, if you don't know how to use this then don't worry - I plan on making an actual system for this. This script is just a concept so I can look back over it and see what needs improvement then redo it in a more efficient way.

The script also seems to have performance issues - I assume it's due to having each rope segment attach to the previous one; more segments drops framerate exponentially - so I assume attaching an object to another object that is attached to something else that is attached to something else is impractical. So I will have it just shift on the Z axis after each segment is spawned based on a memory point of the vehicle. I wouldn't try implementing this in any mission yet as I didn't create it for MP or personal use. As I stated before, the only reason I have it so anyone can deploy the rope is for demonstration purposes. For example if you want to try and fastrope yourself down you can, just to see what it's like.

So please be patient :)

Edited by zooloo75

You don't have to name it. This is just a demonstration, if you don't know how to use this then don't worry - I plan on making an actual system for this. This script is just a concept so I can look back over it and see what needs improvement then redo it in a more efficient way.

The script also seems to have performance issues - I assume it's due to having each rope segment attach to the previous one; more segments drops framerate exponentially - so I assume attaching an object to another object that is attached to something else that is attached to something else is impractical. So I will have it just shift on the Z axis after each segment is spawned based on a memory point of the vehicle. I wouldn't try implementing this in any mission yet as I didn't create it for MP or personal use. As I stated before, the only reason I have it so anyone can deploy the rope is for demonstration purposes. For example if you want to try and fastrope yourself down you can, just to see what it's like.

So please be patient :)

Ohh dont get me wrong, i know its WIP :)

I was just talked basicly hehe. I will wait patiently mate, you do your thing in peace.

Hey mate.

Im getting this error after the undeclared variable update of arma 3.

Can you fix this in a future update? Love your script, i dont want to remove it heh.

It does work atm, but the error windows is pissing me off :)

Heres the RPT error

Error in expression <unit = _this select 1;
_illogic = group server createUnit ["logic", Position _ex>
 Error position: <server createUnit ["logic", Position _ex>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: server
File EtV.sqf, line 53

Hey mate.

Im getting this error after the undeclared variable update of arma 3.

Can you fix this in a future update? Love your script, i dont want to remove it heh.

It does work atm, but the error windows is pissing me off :)

Heres the RPT error

Error in expression <unit = _this select 1;
_illogic = group server createUnit ["logic", Position _ex>
 Error position: <server createUnit ["logic", Position _ex>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: server
File EtV.sqf, line 53

Well, I would think that is caused by ZooLoo not declaring a variable. Since you do not declare the varaible Bohemia says theres a tiny chance it will break later on in the mission (even though its never happened to me...). So they now force you to declare most variables in scripts in order to make that ugly error box go away.

Just a possibility, the undefined variable error now pisses me off loads as well with any script...

Well, I would think that is caused by ZooLoo not declaring a variable. Since you do not declare the varaible Bohemia says theres a tiny chance it will break later on in the mission (even though its never happened to me...). So they now force you to declare most variables in scripts in order to make that ugly error box go away.

Just a possibility, the undefined variable error now pisses me off loads as well with any script...

Thats what i assume, im merely asking of ZooLoo has any intention of fixing it soon? :)

Are there plans to make this a pbo for those who'd like to use it via that method? Awesome functionality and the fact that it works underwater has sold me!

Also it seems that you can only attach items when you're above the water-line, and in a specific area of a ship. If its possible could you increase the amount of attaching points on boats (atleast) and see if its possible to attach the explosive from beneath the waterline?

Edited by SpectreRSG