zooloo75

[SCRIPT] Explosive-To-Vehicle

promo.jpg

This script will allow units to place an explosive charge on a vehicle and allow them to touch them off.

Spent about an hour on this as a response to this feature being "axed" by the devs.

How to use:

1. Equip the unit with an Explosive Charge.

2. Have the unit get close to a vehicle.

3. Have the unit attach the explosive to the vehicle via action menu.

4. Either have the unit set a timer on the explosive, or perform a touch-off.

This script works with both AI and players. I have tested it with AI and you are able to tell them to attach the explosive and set it off, etc as you would with any action they have available via commanding.

new_logo_shmodel-vfl9sSGTp.png

news_download_a3_3.png

-=Changelog=-

7/20/2013: Added Satchel Charges to the script. Added functions to allow separate explosion classnames for different explosives.

Edited by zooloo75

Excellent! I'm going to try this out and if all works well add it to my mission. Many thanks.

Added timer function to the explosive.

very nice. works like a charm and looks good too. top notch!

Oh nice! was just about to write this myself, guess theres no need anymore :D.

Gonna test it tomorrow, seems good.

It works with any vehicle? The explosives appears attached to the vehicle?

Correct.

Yes, though I've noticed some of the vehicles only give the option if you're in a certain area (the HEMMT's seem to give the option only from the sides, etc).

Nice work ! I'll go do it now test :)

This is what i was waiting for thank you very much zooloo

Attach to patrol boat and SDV hulls... GENIUS.

Is there a way to adjust the timer beyond 40 seconds?

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice!

2 questions:

-can you attach them from underwater too?

-could you make an addon-version of this?

:)

Yes they work underwater. Be warned, the blast radius is not attenuated by water.

Loving it. Question re the script - does it set the damage to "destroyed" (is it set damage 1?) or does it use whatever the damage of the specified explosive is? (ie could the script include satchels?)

Also any tips on getting the ai to attach them? I'm not having much luck (I assume the option will show when close enough to vehicle? So far I've managed to have AI accidentally attach to me - Great fun!

Again thanks so much for this - having a blast with it - literally!

Loving it. Question re the script - does it set the damage to "destroyed" (is it set damage 1?) or does it use whatever the damage of the specified explosive is? (ie could the script include satchels?)

Also any tips on getting the ai to attach them? I'm not having much luck (I assume the option will show when close enough to vehicle? So far I've managed to have AI accidentally attach to me - Great fun!

Again thanks so much for this - having a blast with it - literally!

It spawns an explosion then deletes the explosive charge (setDamage 1 on the explosive charge does nothing). It can include any explosive. I just haven't coded the other ones in, but the system is ready to add more in with ease. It works like any other AI commanding for actions. The only problem is that the pathfinding is horrible and AI never go exactly where I want them - more of an engine limitation :\. A work-around would be to increase the area that the script checks for vehicles. Currently it's set at 5 meters. Thanks! :)

very nice :) can this be used in any server you log into? or do you have to include it in your own missions? :)

very nice :) can this be used in any server you log into? or do you have to include it in your own missions? :)

This is a script - mission devs will have to add it into their mission. Contact the developer(s) of your favorite mission and see if they would like to implement this.

It spawns an explosion then deletes the explosive charge (setDamage 1 on the explosive charge does nothing). It can include any explosive. I just haven't coded the other ones in, but the system is ready to add more in with ease. It works like any other AI commanding for actions. The only problem is that the pathfinding is horrible and AI never go exactly where I want them - more of an engine limitation :\. A work-around would be to increase the area that the script checks for vehicles. Currently it's set at 5 meters. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the info mate. ...and again top stuff

I was thinking of making an addon/script package that "un-axes" a lot of "axed" features. It's disappointing that we saw and were promised a lot of wanted features only to have them removed or canceled.

That would be very nice! What 'other' axed features where you thinking about?

I was thinking of making an addon/script package that "un-axes" a lot of "axed" features. It's disappointing that we saw and were promised a lot of wanted features only to have them removed or canceled.

Un-axe away my friend!

That would be very nice! What 'other' axed features where you thinking about?

Fast roping for one.