Ronin[NR]

The new Sector Module

Question here, I looked at Larrows script real quick, but how do I manage to just create a respawn module when a certain side captures (For that side). It would be so much easier if you could just sync a module to the gameLogic of the corresponding side (Sync a respawn module to the BLUEFOR gameLogic for example, which then only works if BLUEFOR is currently in control)

I want to be caputureble multiple times. Also is there a way to make sure an area is only captureable after another area is captured? As in I want to make a chain of capture points and you can only capture the point right next to the point you already have control over.

Question here, I looked at Larrows script real quick, but how do I manage to just create a respawn module when a certain side captures (For that side). It would be so much easier if you could just sync a module to the gameLogic of the corresponding side (Sync a respawn module to the BLUEFOR gameLogic for example, which then only works if BLUEFOR is currently in control)
My script does that.
1 gameLogic synced to the sector module and synced to as many vehicles as you like from as many sides as you like (e.g the example mission has 1 gamelogic synced to the sector module, it then has 3 Opfor Ifrit's and 3 Blufor Hunters synced to it aswell).

On detecting a change in ownership of the sector it then passes all vehicles of the side of the new owner to the vehRespawn.sqf to be spawned.
If they die they are respawned back at the saved position, only if their side is still the owner.

I was wondering how to add a player respawn module to that though. Preferably one that kicks in a minute or so after a certain sector is captured.

As you can probably tell modules, triggers and syncing stuff is mostly an unknown world to me and easily just syncing stuff to what would make sense in my eyes still isn't possible. (What would make sense in my eyes is syncing other modules to the gameLogic side, such as a vehicle respawn and then syncing vehicles to that vehicle respawn module)

I want to be caputureble multiple times. Also is there a way to make sure an area is only captureable after another area is captured? As in I want to make a chain of capture points and you can only capture the point right next to the point you already have control over.

I am looking for the same, I tried to disable and reenable simulation on the sector module, won't work.

I intialized the sector module again after deactivating it but it just created a new sector.

I tried to disable and reenable the trigger simulation and that works BUT if there is an enemy capturing the sector while the trigger gets deactivated it keeps capturing even if the soldiers moves out of the sector.

I tinkered with the condition of the trigger but it seems to get overwritten by the sector module...

any idea what else I can do? I am a beginner at Arma scripting so probably I just missed something.

I was wondering how to add a player respawn module to that though. Preferably one that kicks in a minute or so after a certain sector is captured.

As you can probably tell modules, triggers and syncing stuff is mostly an unknown world to me and easily just syncing stuff to what would make sense in my eyes still isn't possible. (What would make sense in my eyes is syncing other modules to the gameLogic side, such as a vehicle respawn and then syncing vehicles to that vehicle respawn module)

I'm also looking for an easy way to have spawn points synced to a sector module, preferably when the sector is captured by the opposing team the spawns will change teams. I know there's the manual way of creating and deleting markers but I was looking for something along the lines of using the current Respawn Position module.

Edited by KamikazeSexPilot

Anyone got the sector module working with JIP yet ?

Edited by BL1P

Yeah I've had good success with it. I haven't noticed any JIP issues recently. Doesn't mean they don't exist though :p

I've set up something similar to the sector control module but using triggers instead. Could not find an option to remove the icons but that's alright because these triggers should be a bit more flexible and is producing what I want.

Took this out of my mission.sqm file, I know I can link these triggers to a marker and change the colors for reference on the map and will add that in later.

class Sensors
{
	items=5;
	class Item0
	{
		position[]={1582.9578,5.5,5181.6377};
		activationBy="WEST";
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		name="BluPresence";
		expActiv="bluPresent = true;";
		expDesactiv="bluPresent = false;";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
	class Item1
	{
		position[]={1589.2719,5.5,5192.3091};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		interruptable=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		name="BluControls";
		expCond="bluPresent and !opPresent";
		expActiv="hint ""Blue Controls Sector"";";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
	class Item2
	{
		position[]={1578.6178,5.5,5182.9932};
		activationBy="EAST";
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		name="OpPresence";
		expActiv="opPresent = true;";
		expDesactiv="opPresent = false;";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
	class Item3
	{
		position[]={1582.8239,5.5,5194.3813};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		interruptable=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		name="OpControls";
		expCond="opPresent and !bluPresent";
		expActiv="hint ""Opfor Controls Sector"";";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
	class Item4
	{
		position[]={1584.0902,5.5,5189.9692};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		interruptable=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		name="secContention";
		expCond="opPresent and bluPresent";
		expActiv="hint ""Sector is under contention"";";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
};

But my question is if I am better off creating a sqf file to put this in? I have not created or implemented a custom sqf file yet and really am not sure where to start. I'd like to simplify the implementation of this in the editor if possible since I'll be placing these in several areas around the map. Would also like to have this mp compatible and believe there's some things that would need to be done on the server side too? Just need an example or direction to get me started.

Unable to create a new thread since my old account is no longer valid but this thread is the one that got me started so I'm posting here.

Thanks,

Richard

Click on the Module and click Show Info at the bottom. There's a nice description of what you need to make it work on that page.

http://i.imgur.com/tMsOxif.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

http://i.imgur.com/sABgYqy.jpg

I've managed to sync Unlock with a trigger for both sides, each synced with a Respawn Location. Problem is the respawn location is not deactivated when the sector is recaptured. Anyone been able to deactivate a respawn location?

Not sure why it's in the multiplayer section but it does work in SP.

I also get errors when trying to delete the module.

The icon is positioned poorly as it gets written over when using hint.

Hey, saw your comment and just need some help from u. I basically havethe latest development build of Arma3 with Zeus. I am trying to create a similar seize mission in editor. I add eveything as mentioned in the "show info" of the module. Just wondering how to add AI in my team as well as the enemy team who work towards this seize objective and respawn and again rush towards seizing.

Would appreciate any reply. :bounce3:

Instructions for respawning player at captured sector modules?

Has anyone successfully completed instructions with init.sqf (and scripts), sector modules and Respawn Templates or BIS_fbc_Respawn at captured sector modules for MP?

If so please send me the link?

Thanks

I have been unable to fire an End trigger upon capturing a sector.

I also tried adding "end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission; to the Sector module's expression field, but no luck.

I have a finished mission that I can't use because I can't end it. Any tips?

Currently I'm trying to have it so if OPFOR captures a sector the mission ends with an OPFOR victory, and if they can't capture it in time BLUFOR wins. (I wanted BLUFOR to win when OPFOR ran out of tickets, but the Bleed Tickets module does nothing)

Hey guys,

we are building a mission for a 50vs50 multiplayer environment, there are 3 areas to capture and the mission ends after 150mins. The team with the best score wins.

We are tryin to use the build-in sector module and set it up pretty much like in youtube.com/watch?v=p0AGI49H9Qg this tutorial video. btw thx to pickinthatbanjo for his work!

Here's our problem:

1. The sector module sets up a hud at the upper right -> score counter for bluefor, opfor and independant (our referee's).

If one of the competing sides crashes an own helicopter or destroys an own vehicle the score counter counts -1 or sometimes -2. Haven't tried it with Infantry yet.

Is there any way (modifying the config or do some scripting) to get rid of that phenomenon? I either want to count each flag capture (+1 score) or even better: +1 score if one side has control of 2 or 3 sectors (dominant)

2. Exclude independant (our referee's) from the sector modules build-in hud score counter at the upper right.

3. The countdown timer at the trigger does not seem to work the expected way.

We want an area to be captured after 10secs. I'm not sure why, but it always needs more than 20secs to capture it.

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: sry it's my first post in here, so i'm not able to post proper links or images for you guys...

---------- Post added at 06:51 ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 ----------

PS: sry it's my first post in here, so i'm not able to post proper links or images for you guys...

oVNCzpx.png

S22OiGC.png

@schmingo

I also tried that tutorial from youtube.

Bleeding and respawn are not working. Team Score is not resetting after exiting the game and gets carry over to other multiplayer games.

I don't know what I did wrong. I just followed his example. Can someone help me pls?

I have very weird problem guys. My game just locks itself during the mission.

I setup series of sector modules to capture one after another, but after 3-5 minutes spent in sectors my game just locks itself - loading screen shows up, but I still hear ingame sounds. Nothing never loads from that screen, and I can't cancel it. Have to kill game process every time.

Any ideas why this is happening?

My guess it might be I run out of some sort of tickets and win the game but it glithes out, though I don't even have "sector control" module. Also it might be because I disable simulation for previous captured sectors so enemy couldn't recapture them again. Maybe they glitch out because of that.

Hello I am also interested in endmission for the server to change the map after the end pvp SECTOR CONTROL...

DEFAUT THE GAME SHOW VICTORIOUS AND CONTINUES IN THE GAME... NO CHANGE NEXT MAP... :( 

3. The countdown timer at the trigger does not seem to work the expected way.

We want an area to be captured after 10secs. I'm not sure why, but it always needs more than 20secs to capture it.

I'd like to know this as well - is there the possibility to change capture time ratings?

On another note a tiny bit of information: If you want your sector moving, its not only needed to move the trigger (via a spawn function checking for condition and setting new pos every x secs, in my example its called sector_trigger) but to move the task-hint too. This can be done with:

sector_trigger setPos pos; // sets sector trigger to new destination
["sector_moduleWEST", pos] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination; // sets task for BLUFOR to new destination, should be sector_moduleEAST for OPFOR

We are playing a entertaining TvT A&D Mission where the sector is marked with a draggable Barrel. (Btw its a shame barrels cant be retextured to nuclear waste or sth easily)

how can I remove icons on top right arma-interface and transparent in-game world icon(not map)?

it is annoying when it shows up during gun-fight and gun-aiming

but im ok with it but my group members hate it (they hate battlefield UI too)

Edited by ANSWER

how can I remove icons on top right arma-interface and transparent in-game world icon(not map)?

it is annoying when it shows up during gun-fight and gun-aiming

but im ok with it but my group members hate it (they hate battlefield UI too)

I was about to open a thread for the same question.

Does anyone know the answer? Is it a dialog?

THIS should give you the information to do that.

The sector module works perfect in SP with teams capturing and recapturing the sector, but as soon as the player dies, and reloads from last save, the sector is locked and the last owner now keeps it. Is this because sector control is for MP games?

What i want a STRAIGHT working answer on is how to get a captured sector to fire the trigger? i found this:

if ((_this select 1) == west) then [{(_this select 0) enableSimulation false}, if ((_this select 1) == east) then {(_this select 0) enableSimulation false}]

which isnt activating a task im trying to activate tasks mixed in with the sectors....the tutorial on Steam seems to be very clear but im guessing things changed....these are great modules and features and arent used nearly enough and id like to start using them in different ways....Thanks for any input! if i figure it out...ill be sure to let this thread know...

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

What i want a STRAIGHT working answer on is how to get a captured sector to fire the trigger? i found this:

if ((_this select 1) == west) then [{(_this select 0) enableSimulation false}, if ((_this select 1) == east) then {(_this select 0) enableSimulation false}]

which isnt activating a task im trying to activate tasks mixed in with the sectors....the tutorial on Steam seems to be very clear but im guessing things changed....these are great modules and features and arent used nearly enough and id like to start using them in different ways....Thanks for any input! if i figure it out...ill be sure to let this thread know...

FIXED: if ((_this select 1) == west) then {(_this select 0) enableSimulation false}, if ((_this select 1) == east) then {(_this select 0) enableSimulation false} this is supposed to activate the trigger regardless of side if the sector is set to nobody....

the original guy had brackets in his code....which broke stuff....removed the bracket set and bam its operational.