Sign in to follow this  
surfer

[SP/CO-02] Abandoned Village

Infiltrate an abandoned village at foggy nighttime, locate and destroy IFRIT APC, extract via boat

Features:
Foggy dusk to nighttime mission
Allows multiple approaches: Stealth, Ambush, Rush
Custom two man sapper team using silenced weapons
Randomized OPFOR spawns and waypoints
OPFOR reinforcements
Moderate to high difficulty
No respawns

Usage:
Put into your "Arma3/MPMissions" folder
Create this as a multiplayer game
Has 2 slots, for SP use the first slot

This is my first mission, I have tried to put an emphasis on athmosphere, immersion and creative gameplay. Please share your comments or tell us how you completed it!

Here's where you can pick up the V1.1 file:
Abandoned Village Co-02 [bETA] v1.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?eukqtf2t1zl91fc

Old versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qromvmadnl01t8f
http://www.mediafire.com/?vwxhr4uw1r0dd6v

Edited by surfer
added armaholic download link

Very nice mission, the purple haze makes a misterious feeling, everything stealth and if you're spotted the enemy turns on the flashlights, the ambientation rocks, enjoyed it so much thanks and keep up the good work can't wait to play another mission from you

TIP: if you addmagazine before addweapon, you'll start with weapon loaded ;)

Hi Simon! Thank you so much for your feedback, really appreciated! I had the addmagazine before addweapon but for some strange reason this time it didn't work. And in the end I kinda enjoyed how it gave you that "lock & load" feeling at the start of the mission :p

What do you think about changing the armed IFRIT for a transport with specops? Or would this be too easy?

Hi Simon! Thank you so much for your feedback, really appreciated! I had the addmagazine before addweapon but for some strange reason this time it didn't work. And in the end I kinda enjoyed how it gave you that "lock & load" feeling at the start of the mission :p

What do you think about changing the armed IFRIT for a transport with specops? Or would this be too easy?

you're the mission maker so you choose ;)

Thanks for sharing this mission Surfer, quick and violent, the way I like them :)

Keep them coming!

Very nice mission, great music, fits the fog nicely!

So far very nice mission. Great atmosphere.

I love these kinds of missions and suck at them.

Seems everytime I make a close up head shot, the alarm goes off.

Is this the case? No silent kills?

How about if I use a claymore or AP? Same thing, alarm is going to go off?

Once that alarm sounds, I'm dead.

Kommiekat, unfortunately, the Arma engine does not allow you to take out units silently if they are grouped to other units. The second you kill a unit the others in the group are immediately alerted even if they are on the other side of the island.

This is true for arma 2 and 3. I hope they fix it.

Very nice mission, managed to finish it without even one shot ^^

Kommiekat, unfortunately, the Arma engine does not allow you to take out units silently if they are grouped to other units. The second you kill a unit the others in the group are immediately alerted even if they are on the other side of the island.

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks for that info.

Anyways, I finished it without a shot.

I did the BACKDOOR Man approach.

I've been known to do that with my girlfriend as well. heHE! :rolleyes:

If you didn't play it yet, don't read the below spoiler!

Actually you can do silent kills that go undetected. There's two reasons: All units (apart of the reinforcements) are single man, so no groups. And the two unarmed officers who are manning the APC once Bluefor is detected, they belong to the green army. So placing Opfor and Independent Army units with enough distance you can create "silent kill missions".

Edited by Surfer

Latest Version 1.1 added

Changelog:

- dynamic fog added

- fixed compatibility issues with latest Beta

- Opfor adjusted

I tested this and reported the issue on the ARMA 3 feedback tracker if anyone wants to vote:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12350

Great mission Surfer.

I love the ambience of this mission. My one complaint is the alarm seems to trigger to easily. It seems "unfair". If we crawl too close (but don't see the enemy), the alarm triggers. If we shoot a lone guard with a silenced weapon, the alarm triggers. So it seems not to be a stealth mission after all. We ended up taking off our silencers to have more punch, and just blitzkrieged it, hurling smoke and grenades. Still had good fun,and look forward t more.

The alarm is triggered by "detected by opfor", so someone must have spotted or heard you. Unfortunately the alarm in the new Beta doesn't sound as cool as the original one.

I've played the mission quite often now and did everything from killing 1 or 2 guys undetected, solving everything without placing one shot or even setting up mines to ambush the reinforcements and then killing all of them ;)

Edited by Surfer

Coincedently found this video of my first ever mission "Abandoned Village":

I like the video very much, that's why I will give the mission a quick update and report here once it's done.