Sign in to follow this  
mrbenis

Iranian troops need to be heard!

IMO BIS should voice record persian vocals for OPFOR troops similar to what BF2 did with its non-english vocals. This would add to the immersion greatly.

Since Arma 2 had russian and other foreign languages, I think there is a possibility for that :) So far, the Alpha and Beta only included a small part of the voice samples

Looking at the configs, there appear to be provision for Greek and Persian voices. Just a matter of waiting I guess...

Hows about we also change their uniforms slightly so that its easier to recognise them? So many times in the heat of battle, I've either fired on a friendly or not fired on an enemy (and died). Ridiculous.

Hows about we also change their uniforms slightly so that its easier to recognise them? So many times in the heat of battle, I've either fired on a friendly or not fired on an enemy (and died). Ridiculous.

They look completely different.

it just gets taken used to.

Iran would've been destroy by this time period. Obama already said, that as soon as they create 1 nuke we will respond with a full military invasion and knock out Iran. Iran has yet to respond, and I think they assume Obama was joking or just bluffing. = total destruction. Plus I didn't think Iran was in the game, I just hear Russian I think.

even in battlefield 3, i and my mates, do accidently friendly fire, cause it's sometimes hard to recognize if it's a friendly or foe. At arma 3 actually you can recongnize frind from foe quite easy!

the main diff from afar is the camo pattern on their uniforms. try that at night with NVGs, or hell even in bushland or CQB. you have a second to make a decision, and these guys don't miss.

the main diff from afar is the camo pattern on their uniforms. try that at night with NVGs, or hell even in bushland or CQB. you have a second to make a decision, and these guys don't miss.

well, in reality, it's quite hard to recognize a friendly in NVGs at night?

They don't look similar at all. What do you want? Give them horns?

Iran would've been destroy by this time period. Obama already said, that as soon as they create 1 nuke we will respond with a full military invasion and knock out Iran. Iran has yet to respond, and I think they assume Obama was joking or just bluffing. = total destruction. Plus I didn't think Iran was in the game, I just hear Russian I think.

And what does it have to do with the topic we talk about? If we so off-topic then - lets say - they wouldn't do sh*t because nobody want to spread the fire on their own property. Israel have over 200 nukes and it even did threat Europe with that arsenal! These aren't even controlled by IAEA as well as their nuclear power plants (opposite to Iran which doesn't force IAEA to stay away off theirs). If you want to be so political about the topic maybe first do some research rather than putting sh*t into the cup calling it ice creams.

And - holy mother of ... - yes, these had to be Iranians - as many times devs did mentioned it is too much to fill in the comment.

Edited by fragmachine
typo

The game is fricking fictional. Not everything about the storyline has to go directly from what's happening today, it's not like there's an airbase on Agios Efstratios in real life, is it? What if a different president was elected in the ArmA 3 storyline?

And what does it have to do with the topic we talk about? If we so off-topic then - lets say - they wouldn't do sh*t because nobody want to spread the fire on their own property. Israel have over 200 nukes and it even did threat Europe with that arsenal!

Israel was never a threat to NATO, seeming how NATO gave them their country after WW2, and they are one of the best allies of NATO.

We wouldn't do shit? ahahaha, like we didn't do shit to Irag, Afganistan, Vietnam, Germany, Japan, North Korea and China. Guess we didn't act at all. Iran would be destroy as stated by many US presidents, if they build a nuclear bomb. End of story.

They don't look similar at all. What do you want? Give them horns?

yeah actually that would be great...and maybe a tail and a neon light that says 'I'm enemy'.

So you telling me you've NEVER mistaken an enemy for friendly up close? I can understand if you're the kind to sit on a hill 300m away with your sniper rifle and have all the time in the world, but not in bushland or in towns with everyone running around.

I believe that OPFOR voices will be added in final version, BIS would spent their time on gameplay issues and bug fixing as priority.

Well, I don't want to start it again but that is the last post i wrote offtopic in here, sorry mods:

Israel was never a threat to NATO, seeming how NATO gave them their country after WW2, and they are one of the best allies of NATO.

We wouldn't do shit? ahahaha, like we didn't do shit to Irag, Afganistan, Vietnam, Germany, Japan, North Korea and China. Guess we didn't act at all. Iran would be destroy as stated by many US presidents, if they build a nuclear bomb. End of story.

Yeah, and You freed the Vietnamese peoples out of communistic oppression. You defeated the taliban, al-queida? And still supporting islamic radicals in Syria (most of them aren't even Syrians with which native agree) that cut people's head's off - alawites, christians, shiite, jews and sunni muslims that support stability in the region. Assad might not be best out of peoples in rule but at least he allow to practice other religions, have their own views. There should be democratic elections not the bloodshed - that FSA started. Sorry - but that's the truth. It is not about who fought the war or who won it. It is about income in the armament industry. Hell, even Ford and GM sell engines and it's parts for nazists - and that is just tiny bit. Without GM and others they couldn't invade sh*t.

And - you say - this is democracy when one can have thing and the other can't - because that certain person don't want to pay for it in dollars? Anyway very interesting reading of you but zero arguments.

BTW - there never been any word from Iran about destroying Israel. Believe me or not, there are Jewish people living in Iran. There been only word on "changing the rulership in Israel" - right now zionism is more nazi than democracy - for Palestinians and for other Jewish people in the region (arab, blacks and jewish too etc.).

They're actually not Iranians anymore. BIS changed them to "CSAT".

well, in reality, it's quite hard to recognize a friendly in NVGs at night?

Depends. NATO troops tend to wear a little reflective IR strip on their uniforms, that glows when viewed through NVGs. This works today, because NATO tends to fight irregular, ill-equipped guerilla forces. In the future, against a well-equipped professional fighting force, it might be less effective, for OPFOR might be doing the same.

Edited by Laqueesha

They'll probably stop doing that once they're caught in symmetrical warfare against e.g. the CSAT.

CSAT doesn't sound very menacing nor pleasing to the ear aka NATO or WARSAW. SEE -SAT? Sounds more like an exam for dental school...

How about:

The Meanies (Think Goonies but middle eastern)

MMM! (Molest/Murder/Mutilate) -pronounced as an affirmation.

Dr. Evil's Incorporated (Now with nukes with lasers!)

ABBA (Anything but Bastard America)

N.I.G.H.T (Not Iranian, God! Heathen Terrorists!) -Napolean Dynamite inflection required.

CSAT doesn't sound very menacing nor pleasing to the ear aka NATO or WARSAW. SEE -SAT? Sounds more like an exam for dental school...

I always thought it sounded like a weapon of some sort, not a faction. Maybe, "Compact Sustained Anti-Tank"? :)

Or, you know, they could just call them AFIR for Armed Forces of the Iranian Republic, or simply IRAN. That is, if BIS still had the balls to do it. But, unfortunately, they are now scared of Iran and Greece. Or, they could call them the Persian Republic. That'd be cool. Or, they could go the route they did with the US and call them SCO for Shanghai Cooperation Organization (even though we know that, unless it's changed, NATO in-game is really the US 7th ID).

NATO in-game is really the US 7th ID).

Aint that the truth!

IMO BIS should voice record persian vocals for OPFOR troops similar to what BF2 did with its non-english vocals. This would add to the immersion greatly.

As far is i understand it,OPFOR are the russians in ARMA 3.Bluefor is NATO and Independent is i guess Europe,in some of the ARMA 3 Story descriptions they say something about russia overrun most parts of Europe in no time,and now NATO was send to Altis to clear the Situation.

Correct me if i´m wrong

As far is i understand it,OPFOR are the russians in ARMA 3.Bluefor is NATO and Independent is i guess Europe,in some of the ARMA 3 Story descriptions they say something about russia overrun most parts of Europe in no time,and now NATO was send to Altis to clear the Situation.

Correct me if i´m wrong

Pretty much wrong, yeah :D The early drafts included Iran overrunning Turkey and parts of Europe etc, supported by Chinese and Russian elements. Europe states are NATO. Greece is the independent faction (called AAF - Altian Armed Forces)

The faces of the OPFOR soldiers are of south asian ethnics :)