Sign in to follow this  
gtmddn

Arma 2 to come to ps4 or xbox one

I have read a lot of older post on this topic...and I understand that consoles and pc's are two different beast. that being said when a game that has a great core design as arma 2 has and im sure arma 3 will also have, why cant the game be made for both systems....and treat them as different...IE. pc gets the arma 3 version and the consoles gets the arma 2 versions. even though the arma 2 would be an older version to pc. it would be brand new to a console player. why can this not work? I think this type of game is missing on the console market. so weather its arma or another named gamed why don't consoles have this type of game on it

Dayz standalone yes.

Arma 3 no.

Its just the way it is with Arma being so open to user content and consoles being so closed.

Hello gtmddn and welcome to the forums!

Arma 2 and 3 are and will forever be PC only titles. Consoles do not offer the requirements (not only hardware related but also things like UGC etc) Arma has.

It was said there could be a possibility for DayZ, a very different game to Arma, to make an appearance on consoles if the PC release is very successful.

Arma will however stay on the PC