Sign in to follow this  
greywolf907

How to hide waypoint in multiplayer?

I need help searched the forums but no one seems to cover this. My problem is this I enter this [group player, 1] setWaypointVisible false; into the units Init field and it works fine in the editor and single player you cant see the 1st waypoint, but when I extract the mission to multiplayer its there again. Any help would be appreciated this is driving me nuts I have messed with it for to long. Thanks

Easy. Don't give players waypoints in the first place. Give them briefings and markers and tasks but leave it up to them how to execute the mission. :)

Easy. Don't give players waypoints in the first place. Give them briefings and markers and tasks but leave it up to them how to execute the mission. :)

Yea the problem is that it is a chopper extract and I need the waypoint. I have tried the above lines before and its the same outcome works in hiding the waypoint in the editor and single player but pops back up in multiplayer. I figure it could be the Beta but if someone knows if there is another line that works in both single and multiplayer and I am missing something please let me know how. Thanks

You don't need the waypoint for the player though, even for a chopper extract. HOLD waypoints and switch triggers work just fine for keeping the AI in place till the player has done his thing.