Sign in to follow this  
savini

Hacker Caught on Camera (Server "Time Out")

Good morning, Good Afternoon, or Good Evening.

First off, forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area, or have made some other error of judgement. I'll gladly change, edit or remove whatever needs be.

So here's the story. I saw a server running the old Dynamic Zombie Sandbox in ArmA 3. I decided to hop in and try it out and try to meet up with some decent team players.

Next thing I know I'm exploding, spawning in the sky, falling for two minutes before I get respawned even higher, then being spawned at the bottom of the ocean.

Granted I thought maybe I stepped on a mine....or the game mode itself might be buggy, but I'm not savvy enough to know the difference.

HOWEVER!! I just happened to be frapsing during this whole occurrence and I wanted to make it known hopefully to the admin of the server I was on so that hopefully he can track down the culprit through any logs he may haveand blacklist him from battleeye or something. Again...I don't know anything about how all that works, but I feel obligated to share this evidence in an effort to bring some justice to our community.

The video will be below as well as pertinent information for logs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNU-dh7RSF4

Server Name: Time Out

Time of Occurrence: Between 1:00 P.M. and 1:45 P.M. Central time on Monday July 15.

I couldn't grab a full player list, but I tried to have a look through the "p" player list.

Thanks for checking this out...hopefully we can track down these low life pricks.

Unfortunately, player nicknames are worthless because they can be changed as pleased. What you could do is contact the admin of the server the hacking occured and have him take a look at the logs to acquire the GUID so it can be added to a community banlist.