Sign in to follow this  
j0nes

AC-130X for Arma 3

well this might get moved by the moderators by here it is anyway!

AC130X v1 for Arma III

DOWNLOAD

known issues:

-optics are nearly invisible

-flight characteristics need touching up

-various texture transparency errors

-optics dont change with selected weapon

I know its not quite perfect yet, but from up in the sky it looks great and ill work on fixing these issues soon.

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Arma 3 release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Besides a few things I think this is pretty good. The WP needs to find a way to work and not be a fancy effect that does nothing IMO, but not sure if that's possible. Also I noticed that you put in opening/closing doors, which is nice.

yep, Im completely redoing the visual model as well, new 3d model, new textures, new animations etc. so unless BIS calls me and says they want this in ArmA III then it will come out just after the full release of A3. :) in the Alpha they had incendiary ammunition, but they took it away in the Beta, I hope they add it back, then I could use the WP smoke effect with the incendiary effects to make one beast of a round

I recall being able to adjust jet controls with AllinArma. Is there any way with the default Arma 3 Beta? Like steering and aiming with joystick.

We already ran a little test yesterday, was working nicely. Is there any way, to change the "center" of the autopilot, as in earlier releases?

Some feedback:

-It accelerates very slowly and takes the full runway to get to 120 speed (was that kmh or mph?).

-On the other side you can decelerate from 180 to 0 in about 100-200m.

-I know MP compatibility isn't on your list yet, but we tried it neither the less. :P It has worked very nice (some flickering, when you approach the AC130 on the runway at a specific distance) already. But there was some kind of synchronization problem, once you start the auto pilot. The main gunner instantly sees the sea in front of its gunner screen and after 10-20 seconds, i got ejected and the whole plane burned down at 1100 height. When you deactivate the autopilot fast enough, you keep flying at the same height, you started it too.

I havent tested the autopilot with more than one person in it at a time, so I have no idea why its doing that, but its using an attachto script to rotate, theres a command that sets the position at [0,0,0] for a milisecond and then transfers it back to the position, which is why you see the ocean. I noticed there was a script error that showed up for me in A3 that wasnt in A2, so ill dig into that and see what it is.

the acceleration issues are caused by the new reading of the GEO LOD, which determines collisions and mass. but strangely the mass doesnt seem to affect the aircraft at all, but rather the side of the boxes you use in that LOD. thats just a theory, but im not really sure what else to think at this point. Im sure once BIS puts their own planes in theyll publish a how-to.

the flickering is caused because I was changing textures around and tweaking the model so much that I only made 1 res LOD, so it cant render anything less without rendering nothing. that will be something I tackle with this new model. Another thing ill be doing is adding the fire geometry so that youll get sparks when your bullets hit it instead of dirt :P

theres a couple ammo configuration things that I need to fix, and Im going to make a different bullet model with some longer thicker tracers so that you can easily see them from the ground.

unfortunately theres no way to change the center because it required so many calculations to find when the aircraft was in a position to move that the lag was terrible, especially in heavy scripted games like DOMI. so its the pilots responsibility to make sure the target is lined up properly.

Nice. We need more planes (and tanks).

sss.jpg

^ that picture is SO tiny.

Also, when a player is standing near a burning vehicle, they seem to get "burned". There's also several scripting commands such as isBurning.

I could imagine creating "burning" points all within the blast radius or something like that, but I don't know how well that'd work.

excellent work, runs pretty sweet, bit hard to get of runway but can be done. Have put them into a mission we were running to test fly.

Glitch: big BLACK marks appear over head when running towards planes at times. (oops see this was replied to prev post)

videos I made: (runs at 1.5x normal speed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjImcg1PF_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ANxmmjKj8o

Edited by jungleNZ

that burning might work actually! thanks @scorch! WP only burns you at the initial explosion though so it would have to be short

Now aint this a surprise.... Cant wait to fly this baby

When using NV in the gunner positions, you can't see IR beams of soldiers on the ground.

When using NV in the gunner positions, you can't see IR beams of soldiers on the ground.

That's an issue for all aircraft at the moment.

1.Ai Plane will not fly waypoints.

2. AI does not use counter measures.

3. No ground to Air missile warning.

4. now that we have parashoots any way to add them to the units so we can bail out if need.

5. Plane will not take off after using autolanding Which is cool by the way.

Sweet mod by the way. a lot of fun destroying buldings with 40mm HE.

That's an issue for all aircraft at the moment.

as far as i know when night vision is on you will se ir strobe if it is on..

1.Ai Plane will not fly waypoints.

2. AI does not use counter measures.

3. No ground to Air missile warning.

4. now that we have parashoots any way to add them to the units so we can bail out if need.

5. Plane will not take off after using autolanding Which is cool by the way.

Sweet mod by the way. a lot of fun destroying buldings with 40mm HE.

Same here, even with set waypoints with "seek and destroy" and set to "combat". The AC130 seems to just fly "AWOL", also i think there is some latency with the vulcan cannon's.

Any type of HE round is well worth the wait of relaod time..

the AI stuff is expected, I havent set up any AI parameters yet I dont think. certainly not the more advanced ones. I also noticed (at least in A2) it didnt want to rearm at the domination style rearm points

Wanted to chime in this thread to state that I and a few guys had a great evening playing with this things. Kudos to the designer!

My only advice (other than what's been stated) would be for an increase to ground acceleration. Oh, and the empty blue space when entering the vehicle. If it can't be a graphic interior I think most would prefer that to be black.

god this mod needs to be continued and updated. It's awesome as glitchy and buggy as it is now. And this game is serious need of more fixed wing aircraft.

Enjoyed playing this mod on stratis, but I can't get it to even move on Altis?
Everyone else is having the same problem. The designer is working on a few updates/enhancements, so when that's done I'm sure he will make it work properly.

Everyone else is having the same problem. The designer is working on a few updates/enhancements, so when that's done I'm sure he will make it work properly.

In my PC it works good, the only problem I seem to have is the init.sqf doesn't load properly.