Sign in to follow this  
terox

Battleye is here (Quick tutorial)

It simply isnt practical for a server to write filters for each and every mission they run unless they are just a 1 mission server. We run lots of missions which are constantly being removed, replaced rewritten.

A creatunit log would be nice alongside the createvehicle log though

I totaly agree with you on this part. a admin of an server doesnt really got the time to create/update Be filters for N missions.

Its basicly a nogo unless you got some guy(s) dedicated to the Be filters.

What i like to see if a change in the mind of Mission makers instead.

They need to learn and get used to include Be filters with the mission(s) they make. esp if it is a pub.game.

I feel like most of mission makers dosent do this. maybe not because the dont want to but becase they cant.. idk,

Because there is basicly no documentation on Be filters. sqf has good wiki support. most mission makers hang around there.

With Be filters you just get tossed around some file(s) and get told here.. look at mine..

and if youre stupid enough to try em out before looking at em. you end up Uber kicking all players :p

or you get told to log it all and end up on n^y gigs of logs to dig in..

If the wiki for had more referaces & examples to on how to set up the filters in the scripting section

example commands like setdamage & foreach all the other supported Be fileters It would be more Encuriging idk who knows..

a tool to auto create the Be filters would have been nice tho :p

Edited by nuxil

I totaly agree with you on this part. a admin of an server doesnt really got the time to create/update Be filters for N missions.

Its basicly a nogo unless you got some guy(s) dedicated to the Be filters.

What i like to see if a change in the mind of Mission makers instead.

They need to learn and get used to include Be filters with the mission(s) they make. esp if it is a pub.game.

I feel like most of mission makers dosent do this. maybe not because the dont want to but becase they cant.. idk,

Because there is basicly no documentation on Be filters. sqf has good wiki support. most mission makers hang around there.

With Be filters you just get tossed around some file(s) and get told here.. look at mine..

and if youre stupid enough to try em out before looking at em. you end up Uber kicking all players :p

or you get told to log it all and end up on n^y gigs of logs to dig in..

If the wiki for had more referaces & examples to on how to set up the filters in the scripting section

example commands like setdamage & foreach all the other supported Be fileters It would be more Encuriging idk who knows..

a tool to auto create the Be filters would have been nice tho :p

It kind of is possible to slowly update your filters, but it basically means that from the get go you have to run

1 ""
for the scripts.txt, pv.txt, remoteexec.txt etc to get the entries from the log files they create and then add them to your *.txt whitelists.

This however is long winded. I would imagine though that after a month or so (Yeah right) of checking and updating your *.txt from your *.log, ther log file entries would reduce somewhat

As an example, it took me 10 mins to get the entries for the Publicvariable.txt from a patrol ops mission

1 !"PO3_" !"ZEU_" !"tcb_ais_in_agony" !"PO3_brdcst_chat" !"PO3_brdcst_hint" !"PO3_pVAR_changeGroupLeader" !"PO3_pVAR_declaredSupplybox" !"PO3_pVAR_animationState" !"PO3_pVAR_changeGroupLeader" !""BIS_fnc_MP_packet" = [0,[[<NULL-object>,true],"initPlayerServer.sqf"],"bis_fnc_execvm",false,false,false]"
and since implementing them, the pv.log when playing that mission has been 0 Edited by Terox

Wow!

Wish I would have read this thread before I started working on learning how to script and map... Got me-self global banned by debugging scripts(it seems) with battleye enabled! woot! :(

Oh well, lucky I only put 4hours into DayZ and have only play/worked for 1908hours on ARMA3 on my own server :) Woe is me.

*shakes fist at steam and battleye*

*UPDATE*

Thats it, have to buy DayZ and ARMA3 again. Absolutely no response from Battleye and BIStudio guys said they have no control or sway over the system.

Battleye is a good idea but it should be implemented by BI and not a third party with a Terminator complex, I reckon.

In the meantime...

Although I still have no 'actual' indication of whether my debugging and testing caused this, which is infuriating, it would be good to make it clear to new map developers that running battleye when testing is a BAD idea.

*UPDATE*

This was finally resolved as a false positive that was overlooked for nearly 2 months.

Resolved now.

It is a flawed system. 30 Day bans would make more sense and probably less work for the BE guys.

(CLOSED)

Edited by cds1984
*UPDATE*

So many questions arise when you install the mods: The mods @Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@ASM; (standard Epoch), optionally delivered @WSRHS; and here begins dancing with a tambourine, the battleye filters refuse to work with this mod, the same error message popping up a few times per session, even after you restart the server and edit filters. What can be done to correct these mods together I'll never know, tell me if there is anyone experience joint installation of these mods and the correct battleye filters

How to make automatic ban on the hour or day?

how would you know you needed to ban someone at a certain time of the day ?

I don't fully understand your question, but your answer might be an RCon tool, try EPMRcon, the thread is stickied in this forum