Sign in to follow this  
terox

Battleye is here (Quick tutorial)

Next Battleye question... will there be the same limitation of Battleye as there is with the new Arma2 Beta releases.. eg a day lag from release until anyone can re-join as Battleye needs to catch up ? Just curious.... Hence the use of Battleye=1 . I am sure that used to disable BE if that line was commented out and not kick ppl.

Next Battleye question... will there be the same limitation of Battleye as there is with the new Arma2 Beta releases.. eg a day lag from release until anyone can re-join as Battleye needs to catch up ? Just curious.... Hence the use of Battleye=1 . I am sure that used to disable BE if that line was commented out and not kick ppl.

Definitely not, as has been the case for a few months now. New builds are immediately supported by BE due to the process being automated. And actually in the past there was only a lag of a few hours at most, not a day. ;)

@$able where can we report posible issues? on the FT or here?

for example:

- most rcon tools for arma2 show players as 'in lobby' while they are actually allready in a team and playing.

- BEC kicks players for lobby idling while they are infact playing (probably related) :)

@$able where can we report posible issues? on the FT or here?

for example:

- most rcon tools for arma2 show players as 'in lobby' while they are actually allready in a team and playing.

- BEC kicks players for lobby idling while they are infact playing (probably related) :)

Please do so here, that's easier for me.

Thanks for your report, I will check this.

FYI, You should not put/report Bec bugs in this thread. its not relevant for (BE)

Please note that, reporting & guid checking has been turned off on master..

i have had no time to release an update yet.

Bec will changed a bit, plugin support and other stuff, will get a new version out asap.

but if you found a bug in bec, use the Bec thread

Edited by nuxil

it obviously isnt a BEC bug, im just naming a few tools as an example in which i notice the player-state not being updated from 'lobby' :)

BEC itself works like a charm :)

Definitely not, as has been the case for a few months now. New builds are immediately supported by BE due to the process being automated. And actually in the past there was only a lag of a few hours at most, not a day. ;)

rgr.. thanks for the info...

@JoSchaap well. im just saying dont use this thread for Bec related things.. you have no idea how many email i gotten from people with battleye problems. "install issues/ban issues"

seems like some people think Bec is Battleye or is part of Battleye. "maybe i need to change its name :p"

A question for Bis/Be devs.

Will there be official filters provided from Bis/Be for official multiplayer coop/x/y/x missions in arma3 ?

Edited by nuxil

Yesterday worked like a charm, half dozen kicked within hours for hacks, #38 to be exact.

Although today the server log keeps getting spammed with Cannot connect to the BE master, update failed.

Followed the instructions correctly, am I missing something or is BE having an off day?

Just to clarify, everything is still working, be responds in game and I can connect with rcon, its just this update error that keeps getting spammed.

it seems that either the BE master server is having a hard time, or the latest update has an issue in it :)

On a sidenote: gamehack #38 would be cheat editor hooked into the game if i remember correctly :) i got alot of those yesterday as-well :) great to see BE come to life like this, and that comming from a Punkbuster fanboy ;)

it seems that either the BE master server is having a hard time, or the latest update has an issue in it :)

I'm sorry, there was a temporary issue that has been fixed.

This bug should be fixed in today's dev update.

Thanks $able, no error's today. Great to see battleye back doing its thing.

To forum admins. Is it possible to get this thread stickled next to the how to set up server, as both are directly related?

He, we're having an issue here with the implementation of BE.

I acknowledge that we're using a linux server with WINE, and so technically thus it is not wholly supported, however we managed to sort out the server to run just fine on dev, with one exception. That's Battleye. It fails to initialize, and from what a friend has told me, this is due to gnome-keyring being incompatible with multiarch (x64 systems).

Error below:

p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I was wondering if anyone knows how to implement BE via WINE on a Debian Wheezy x64 system.

Regards,

Harry

Hey all,

Since BattlEye is in the stable branch now I'm curious if it's recommended to use the official BE filters (not sure how official they are as they are initially created for d.ayz ) from https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters

if I'm running a regular Arma 3 mission without limitation in weapons and vehicles (unlike d.ayz)?

Will they cause some random player kicks when shooting with weapons, launchers, attached/vehicle weapons, respawning/repairing etc. Do I need to edit these filters or use only some of them and is there any standard "BE filters" pack for Arma 3 ?

Edited by helldesign

Dont use Dayz filers for arma3. you should create filters for your needs. example if you run domination/warfare etc. make filters suted for thouse missions. Dayz filters are for Dayz the mod..

you might get unvanted behavioure using thouse filters on other missions. kicks that should not occure etc.

Thanks for your answer!

So I guess there's no easy solution for those people that doesn't have scripting knowledge. I hope someone decides to do some standard "BE filters" package in future, that can be used in most scenarios, because a server without be filters is like naked.

Thanks for your answer!

So I guess there's no easy solution for those people that doesn't have scripting knowledge. I hope someone decides to do some standard "BE filters" package in future, that can be used in most scenarios, because a server without be filters is like naked.

As i understand, BE will still ban regardless of filters.

Sable is the best person to explain how BE works with filters.

What addon will battle eye ban or prevent you from going on the servers. As we are looking at using ACRE more readily and really dont want to be kicked for it use and we dont really want to disable Battle Eye.

it doesnt ban clients because they are using addons. use verifysignatures=2 in the ****.cfg and add the required bikeys to the servers keys folders

you need create your own filters for each mission and each modification you use ...

it's technically impossible to make effective universal filters

the DayZ mod filters originate from my Proof of Concept to show the 'rest of admins' how do things ...

it became sort of permanent since :)

so use it to learn what you can do and how but you can't use filters for DayZ mod as they are, you need to make own from scratch ...

How about making an Arma 3 "Proof of Concept" filter set, everyone could starting working from? *cough*

:D

you need create your own filters for each mission and each modification you use
Youll have to ignore my noobness really have no experience with administrating with BE but these filters only go in the BE folder yes?

So as server admins each time we add a new mod or map we have to find out what is involved in the mod/map (maybe included if the creator is on the ball) and add these filters to our filters in our BE folder! So each time you play a different map the filters currently in the BE could possibly (if not written vague enough to encompass alot of possibilities) interfere with the missions operation.

Would it not be possible to let mod/map creators include filters within a BE folder included within the mod/map to relate to their creation (and BE would read them from there)? Then it would just be down to admins to add some coverall concepts in the BE folder.

If your running a public server that only runs a one or two map rotation like Occupation, I&A or Wasteland then your filter setup may be pretty easy to envision but if your running with the possibility to select from a multitude of coop missions some filters may not be appropriate and would be better of loaded on a as needed basis? or am i just expecting these filters to do to much and they are only meant as a basic coverall.