Sign in to follow this  
Qosmius

Infantry and apc armor have been improved

nobody is asking for correct armor values of the tanks today..just make some approximately from your imagination how they think the armor thickness and penetration should be..not some 100% accurate description of how tank armor works and its chobbam armor and how many cm of armor a leopard 2 has..just a rought estimate

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

but dont worry guys, it will probably be fixed in the future Arma 5 when we are so far into the future we have spaceships and moonbattles

nobody is asking for correct armor values of the tanks today..just make some approximately from your imagination how they think the armor thickness and penetration should be..not some 100% accurate description of how tank armor works and its chobbam armor and how many cm of armor a leopard 2 has..just a rought estimate

This is why we need a compromise between realism and limitations of software. I described how such compromise can work in one of my previous posts.

Yeap, let the community focus on the diehard realism, just put the plugs in place and watch em go bizerk.

Edited by NodUnit

You are definetely not a type of guy, that have a lot of literature about AFV's, and actually seen how military software to calculate such things works? To put it simple, it is a very simple 3d model, which takes 1FPS to graphically shown how penetration process goes, this is how much PC needs to calculate, that a simple graphic motion takes approx 1FPS, perhaps some more. ;)

I tell you, Red Orchestra is a joke when it comes to armor-projectile interaction simulation. Actually every game is, simply because penetration process is incredibly complex, especially when it comes to modern projectiles against modern armor.

I could probably wrote about this subject one huge page.

If you're assuming we are asking a COMPLETELY ACCURATE SIMULATION of projectile-armor interaction, then you are mistaken. We just want something better than this HP system, the WW2 online model would be miles better, even though it isn't completely 100% realistic.

men of war

Dwarden is a frequent visitor to the forums - keen player, I think:)

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

You are definetely not a type of guy, that have a lot of literature about AFV's, and actually seen how military software to calculate such things works? To put it simple, it is a very simple 3d model, which takes 1FPS to graphically shown how penetration process goes, this is how much PC needs to calculate, that a simple graphic motion takes approx 1FPS, perhaps some more. ;)

I tell you, Red Orchestra is a joke when it comes to armor-projectile interaction simulation. Actually every game is, simply because penetration process is incredibly complex, especially when it comes to modern projectiles against modern armor.

I could probably wrote about this subject one huge page.

When you see your Sherman's 75mm rounds repeatedly ricocheting off the front of a Panther in I44, you begin to appreciate how poor the vanilla Arma 2 damage model is by comparison. Even Iron Front had a better model.

Edited by jiltedjock

isnt it just realistic that the sherman with 75mm will bounce on a panther? it had 80mm sloped armor which was better than the tigers armor

isnt it just realistic that the sherman with 75mm will bounce on a panther? it had 80mm sloped armor which was better than the tigers armor

You are misunderstanding my post. I offered that example from I44 as an example of how damage modelling should work. I've edited it to make it clearer.

Why is there no general suggestion thread??

Anyhow let me use this for now. I was wondering if there are any plans to make these little concrete blocks destructible or partially destructible? The road blocks are nearly everywhere near roads and when a tank / other heavy tracked vehicle drives over it it rather ''jumps'' over rather than just smash it into pieces, which looks little odd :)

24j1.th.jpg