Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

Grouping objects in editor

I am trying to design a floating base (in the editor) using a number of the pier elements but they are very hard to work with, align and adjust.

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to group a number of elements together and then lock them in place so that I can then work with some smaller additional elements without selecting the locked group.

Any ideas?

Any help is much appreciated.

Brett

In the icon selection at the top of the main Visitor window you'll see on open and a closed padlock - side-by-side...

Once all your pier elements are correct, carefully select them all (Ctrl & Shift while clicking will add to or subtract from the selection)...

Once you have them all selected, though I don't think you can "group" them as such, you CAN "lock" them in position with the closed padlock icon, or unlock with the open one...

Slightly confusingly, you'll find a third padlock icon up there - that's a "view locked items" button, which will show all locked objects as shaded mid-grey...

(which is why it's a good idea NOT to use "mid grey" as a colour in your Artificial objects lists ;))

Be warned - although you'll find that these locked objects can no longer be accidentally dragged out of position, they're still vulnerable to being knocked out of vertical alignment if you were to start tweaking the heightmap around the area...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Excellent. That will help with my Visitor workings but I was referring to the Arma2 mission editor.

Thank You