Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

PG Services - Private Military Company

Thanks Hazzard, yeah look I've been doing some testing and I can't replicate those mp problems. I think there are a few bugs related to the use of custom gear.

The only issues I have been able to replicate is the "out of ammo" call out" (caused by the capacity of vests being being insufficient and some mags being ignored) and an error in the mag load out of the mx contractor which will result in a config.bin error message pop up.

I have a fix ready for those issues so if there are no other bugs people have found I will release another patch shortly.

Edited by pomigit

Pomigit,

Apologies for responding so late, but I also have been having constant problems with uniforms not showing up in MP.

That's with using stock load-outs. Sometimes we spawn in with uniforms, then it disappears after a bit, sometimes we spawn in without uniforms then it suddenly reappears later in the mission. Sometimes never shows. Sometimes I can see myself wearing a uniform, but I'm naked to everyone else, and vice-versa.

I am running several other addons, but never had this problem with v0.5. And as stated before: it all works perfectly in the editor.

It does seem if I go into a MP mission alone that the uniforms display correctly. I think everyone playing on my server has re-installed the addon at least once. And I have re-uploaded it the the server twice.

I'm referencing user made missions, and even tested it once with nothing in the mission except for a PMC squad. Same problem.

I will say that my clan likes this addon so much that we play "naked" anyway.

FireWalker

This happens for us as well. I've bugtested this lots. Here's the problem :

Put an PGS

unit on the map. Add uniform via script or unit. Make another user do JIP. The PG unit will lose his uniform.

If you add the uniform to a blufor unit, and a user does a JIP, the uniform remains on the unit.

I have not tested this on an AAF unit. But something is off with the PG units.

Now this problem will also happen on ANY unit, even BIS units, if you add uniforms via script and the script is not run locally. For example...

This will make an already connected unit lose his uniform when another does jip. The script is run on unit on all units.

_unit = _this select 0;
Removeuniform _unit;
_unit addUniform "uniform class";

However this version of the script will not cause units to lose uniforms due to locality:

_unit = _this select 0;
If (local _unit) then {
Removeuniform _unit;
};

Note that PG units still lose uniforms even if the above script is used. This whole uniform undressing started after stable branch was patched with the campaign etc.

I understand what you're saying, and I've read the vast majority of the thread related to that issue, but... We're not physically changing the gear or uniform load outs from the stock playable units. We're just using the "vanilla" PMC load outs as listed in the PMC unit pull down in the editor.

I guess the problem could be in the way that the PMC units are brought in with the addon. I guess when the PMC units are brought in the mission, they first initialize as independents, then get re-uniformed?

I guess the problem could be in the way that the PMC units are brought in with the addon. I guess when the PMC units are brought in the mission, they first initialize as independents, then get re-uniformed?

Thanks guys, yeah look this mp issue is a tough nut to crack for me. As I say, I haven't been able to replicate the issues. In terms of changing uniforms manually, as I've said before I recommend using the Unit named "*Security Contractor*" because that one has no gear and no random gear script running against it.

In terms of default units showing up naked, im really not sure why that would be happening. The way it works is each unit has a default uniform and loadout. When the script initiates it strips the unit of all gear and then re-assigns random versions.. Below is the script that runs against the 'Security Contractor MX-GL', if anyone can see anything wrong in the script that they think would be causing these problems then let me know:

if (isServer) then {

waitUntil {!isNull _this};

};
_magazines = magazines _this;
_items = items _this; // Medkits, ToolKits etc.
_assitems = assignedItems _this; // NVG's, GPS etc.

Removeuniform _this;
Removevest _this;
removeAllItems _this;

_uniform = (ceil (random 28));

switch (_uniform ) do 
{
case 1: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_BSGPBB";
	};
case 2: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_BSGPSB";
	};
case 3: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_BSSPBB";
	};
case 4: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_BSSPSB";
	};
case 5: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_GSBPBB";
	};
case 6: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_GSSPBB";
	};
case 7: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_IndPBSBB";
	};
case 8: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_SSBPBB";
	};
case 9: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_SSGPBB";
	};
case 10: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_SSGPSB";
	};
case 11: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_ChckDBS_GPSB";
	};
case 12: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_ChckLB_GPBB";
	};
case 13: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_ChckLR_SPBB";
	};
case 14: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformRS_ChckP_BPBB";
	};
case 15: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_BSGPBB";
	};
case 16: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_BSGPSB";
	};
case 17: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_BSSPBB";
	};
case 18: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_BSSPSB";
	};
case 19: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_GSBPBB";
	};
case 20: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_GSSPBB";
	};
case 21: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_IndPBSBB";
	};
case 22: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_SSBPBB";
	};
case 23: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_SSGPBB";
	};
case 24: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_SSGPSB";
	};
case 25: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_ChckDBS_GPSB";
	};
case 26: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_ChckLB_GPBB";
	};
case 27: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_ChckLR_SPBB";
	};
case 28: {
	_this adduniform "U_PMC_CombatUniformLS_ChckP_BPBB";
	};
};

//------------ Body Armour ------------

_armour = (ceil (random 6));

switch (_armour ) do 
{
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_rgr";
	};
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_blk";
	};
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_marpat";
	};
case 4: {
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_khki";
	};
case 5: {
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrierInd_PMC_blk";
	};
case 6: {
	_this addvest "V_PlateCarrierInd_PMC_grn";
	};
};

Removeheadgear _this;

//------------ Helmet/Hat ------------

_hat = (ceil (random 4));

switch (_hat ) do 
{
	_this addheadgear "H_Cap_pmc";
	};
	_this addheadgear "H_Cap_tan_pmc";
	};
	_this addheadgear "H_HelmetB_plain_blk";
	};
case 4: {};
};

{_this addItem _x} forEach _items;
{_this addMagazine _x} forEach _magazines;
{_this addItem _x} forEach _assitems;
{_this assignItem _x} forEach _assitems;

Try running the entire script locally on the machine that owns the unit in the game. Check my example above

In the dev build the vests doesn't seems to work as they should. One shot with a P07 to heavy vest and the unit die.

In other mods it's also in the dev build.

In the dev build the vests doesn't seems to work as they should. One shot with a P07 to heavy vest and the unit die.

In other mods it's also in the dev build.

BIS is doing some work on armor values for vests, so it's not surprising they're not working correctly. Always assume stuff is broken on DEV.

Thanks for that L3TUC3. You're right I dont support the dev build for those very reasons.

Thanks for everyone who is posting about these mp uniform issues. I'm in the process of doing some more bug tests to identify whether it’s the mod or core game. My feeling at this stage though is that something in the core game has changed which is causing the problem which I may not be able to do anything about. I'm no expert on mp scripting but ill do my best to resolve it.

I would however like to make a couple of suggestions to help reduce the likelihood of any such issues occurring:

• Avoid running your own gear changing scripts against the PGS units. Given the mod has its own gear scripts running it may cause unpredictable results
  • if you do choose to run your own script against a PGS unit I highly recommend only using the PGS unit called "*Security Contractor*", I purposefully included this unit in the mod for it to be used as a template, and allow people to choose their own load-out. As such it does not have a random gear script running against it and will spawn by default with nothing but lovely looking blue PGS underwear
  • If you choose to use PGS uniforms with units outside this mod I recommend only using units which are on the independent side. Uniforms in general are a little buggy but I have seen odd results when using uniforms setup for independent and then used with say BLUFOR.

I have another patch ready to fix some of the other issues noted inc ammo problem but im holding off till I’ve come to some sort conclusion on this mp problem.

Cheers

Pomigit

Edited by pomigit

The latest DEV has reverted all pending work on body armor values until the next stable patch is released. I just tried and PG vests seem to take more than one bullet again.

I've been in a few games where gear uniforms disappear when somebody JIPs. There's a ticket on the FT about it, but no clue what causes it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15779

And here is my answer to that:

This happens for us as well. I've bugtested this lots. Here's the problem :

Put an PGS

unit on the map. Add uniform via script or unit. Make another user do JIP. The PG unit will lose his uniform.

If you add the uniform to a blufor unit, and a user does a JIP, the uniform remains on the unit.

I have not tested this on an AAF unit. But something is off with the PG units.

Now this problem will also happen on ANY unit, even BIS units, if you add uniforms via script and the script is not run locally. For example...

This will make an already connected unit lose his uniform when another does jip. The script is run on unit on all units.

_unit = _this select 0;
Removeuniform _unit;

However this version of the script will not cause units to lose uniforms due to locality:

_unit = _this select 0;
If (local _unit) then {
Removeuniform _unit;
};

Note that PG units still lose uniforms even if the above script is used. This whole uniform undressing started after stable branch was patched with the campaign etc.

Try what I wrote, I am 100% sure that will solve the problem as it appears that addUniform is a global command now. That is what is causing PG units to lose the uniform - nothing else.

Alright, taking in to consideration PelleJones's advice I have updated the random uniform scripts to incorporate the local check. Below is a link to what I consider to be release candidate update. I recommend only downloading for bug testing as it is experimental

v0.6.2 RC

Download

Let me know how you go with it. Cheers guys

fixed the issue with clothes,but now jip players with custom weapons lose all their equipment except the weapon and the combat jacket,so they lose all magazines and items in their inventory.

Not tested with vanilla content.

In my test i had your PMC equipped with massi's weapons.just my 2 cents

Let me know how you go with it. Cheers guys

I' am having same problems with Massi's Add-Ons too , I think the uniform/empty vest bug is core game related uhm

Yes, I confirm.

Today I was finally able to configure the slot .... and after 'New patch arrived and destroyed all the work done.

There are the same bug before ..... Panties ... Pants and underwear still

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok thanks, it looks like there is nothing I can do about this. I think the issue is this bug http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15298

i.e Adduniform is not a global command. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I've disabled the RC v1.6.2 link. I'll look at releasing another version to fix the other reported problems

The new helicopter currently in dev build only for the AAF i think would fit perfectly as a secondary helicopter for the PMC, its the british Wildcat with the armed version having 2x M136 stationary forward miniguns, and 18 DAR rockets

There are new Black MXs in the devbranch update. I haven't finished my download just yet so I can't tell you how they are, but I thought that it was something interesting to note.

There are new Black MXs in the devbranch update. I haven't finished my download just yet so I can't tell you how they are, but I thought that it was something interesting to note.

Looks like BI got the message :p

Is there a class list for this mod? I like making custom units for my missions and your outfits look nice, especially for the types of groups that i like to make....and there's such a lack of stuff of the superior quality I'm looking for.

Is there a class list for this mod? I like making custom units for my missions and your outfits look nice, especially for the types of groups that i like to make....and there's such a lack of stuff of the superior quality I'm looking for.

First post, bottom of the post. Click the spoiler where it says CLASSLIST.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159271-PG-Services-Private-Military-Company&p=2441604&viewfull=1#post2441604