Sign in to follow this  
magnum482

How to make server hardcore? (i.e. first person only)

Is it doable with the server config file or is it a plugin of some kind? By hardcore I mean locked first person.

difficulty setting

3rdPersonView=0; for off

I'm glad someone has done this.

I'm tired of people playing in 3rd person, it gives you an unrealistic view.

Discussion on 3rd and 1st person views have been had, it in fact was agreed it gives you the benefit you would have I real life yet of course you can't see yourself but having 3rd person makes up for physical situational awareness.

But yet I like both either forced or ability to choose, each make for great gameplay.

it in fact was agreed it gives you the benefit you would have I real life

It gives you no benefit. If you want to see whats around you in real life you turn your head, just like ingame. 3RD person lets you see around corners and in areas you normally wouldn't, its way more unrealistic than it is realistic.

Guys, he was just asking on how to disable it, not whether he should disable it.

Go to documents folder and inside you will find an arma 3 folder. In there you will find a file named "administrator.arma3profile" (or might be a username instead of administrator, depending on your server configuration). Edit it with a text editor - All difficulty settings are there.

Keep in mind that it seems like the server defaults to regular (if admin does not select a difficulty level), so you may want to make sure the "regular" difficulty options are configured the way you want the server to always run. That way even a clueless admin who doesn't pick a difficulty level will end up getting the server to run with the correct settings, and you won't have to click "elite" every time you select a new mission.

Here you can find an example for settings: http://www.mediafire.com/view/3c4fkr1kh05usuc/Administrator.Arma3AlphaProfile