Sign in to follow this  
uber3999

Arma 3 Supporter Edition

i just bought the supporter edition and well i already own arma 3 so i activated the cd key on my steam account assuming steam would just give me a giftable copy but it didn't... i wanted the supporter edition benefits to be on my account while i give a friend the extra. i kinda feel like thats a rip off. maybe this isn't the right place to ask but i thought i would ask here first. i did pay 100$ i think arma 3 should be giftable..

Edited by uber3999

This is the way steam works, most of the time you don't get extra copies for activating game bundles when you own some games and no extra gift if you activate a better version.

Did the supporter edition activate with no problem, did you get the Arma X and Arma:CWA gifts?

If you wanted to gift a copy of Arma 3 to your friend but get the supporter edition bonuses (free DLCs etc.) to you I've to say sorry that isn't possible when you already have Arma 3. You should've bought Arma 3 supporter first, activate it and get Arma X and Arma CWC as a gift that you can give your friend and buy a separate Arma 3 for your friend. You should've gifted the whole packet to your friend but then he would have get all the bonuses.

Now you can only gift Arma X and Arma CWC.

Edited by St. Jimmy
Edited to be little bit more clear.

If you wanted to gift a copy of Arma 3 to your friend but get the supporter edition bonuses (free DLCs etc.) to you I've to say sorry that isn't possible when you already have Arma 3. You should've bought Arma 3 supporter first, activate it and get Arma X and Arma CWC as a gift that you can give your friend and buy a separate Arma 3 for your friend.

That's not the best feature of Steam TBH.

That's not the best feature of Steam TBH.

Yeah if there had been Upgrade to supporter and Arma 3 as a separate in the package then these kind of confusions could be avoided.

@OP: If you're a EU citizen, you can fight them. You're legally entitled to sell your licenses - In practice that'll most likely mean Steam will refund you the old copy.

You're in for a hell of a fight with a lot of legal document citing - they are notoriously good at ignoring demands unless you show them that you know that you're entitled and can document it.

i'm not from EU.. i would like to hear from someone who is with BI.

You didn't buy the supporter edition from Steam you bought it from BIS. You can't buy a pizza and desert combo from Pizza Hut and expect the pizza to be free just because you already ordered a pizza from Dominos.

You didn't buy the supporter edition from Steam you bought it from BIS. You can't buy a pizza and desert combo from Pizza Hut and expect the pizza to be free just because you already ordered a pizza from Dominos.

thats why im asking here and not on steam? and pizza has nothing to do with this and it really doesn't work for this situation, from my past experiences steam gives you giftable copies of games you already own if you activate them.

thats why im asking here and not on steam? and pizza has nothing to do with this and it really doesn't work for this situation, from my past experiences steam gives you giftable copies of games you already own if you activate them.

The list of games in steam that give extra copies is very small and most of them are released by Valve.

Extra Copies

Extra copies are not given in most cases.

Only titles purchased in special promotions as outlined below are eligible for giftable extra copies

Extra copies will only be issued as a special promotion in the following specific cases:

Users who own "Left 4 Dead" and then go on to purchase "Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 Bundle" will receive an extra copy of "Left 4 Dead"

Users who own “Half-Life 2†and go on to purchase “The Orange Box†or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2â€.

Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One†and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Packâ€, “Valve Complete Pack†or “The Orange Box†will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode Oneâ€.

Users who own "Dawn of War II"and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"

Users who purchase the available four packs for specific Steam titles will receive three extra copies of that title to gift to friends.

Extra copies may apply as a part of some limited time promotions. In that case, information on what will be included with your purchase will be listed on the storefront's transaction page.

Do all duplicate purchases on Steam work this way?

No. This special offer only applies to games or game packages listed above.

http://s21.postimg.org/3rf1fm453/steam1.png

I don't even think the code activated. I put it in again to see if it would give an error and it just gives me this soo maybe it won't let me activate it since i already have arma 3 and i didn't get the gift copies of Arma X etc.

i guess my question is since i bought it on BI's website will i get DLC codes on there as well (if there are any) or are they attached to that 1 key. Thats pretty much my only concern.

If you have the supporter edition activated at steam it should show as below in your "Licenses + Subscriptions":

gGj5PBw.png

I can only guess but maybe the extra content and DLC will apply automatically when they are released with no need of extra keys from the BIS store.

they should really make arma 3 upgradable... its bullshit that i have to make another account or delete arma 3 off my current account. clearly this was not thought through.

I just had finished saving all my money all these months and they withdrew it?? I feel so angry and sad at the same time. Couldn't they atleast withheld it atleast a month longer. As a Bohemia supporter owning all their ARMA games and DLC's since Operations Flashpoint this hurt my heart.

Bohemia why??