Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Xa-188 patria by dkm-mod released

Ziet er niet echt uit als een "explosieven opruimings dienst" voertuig. Eerder een coole algemene APC smile.gif In België werkt DOVO (ontmijningsdienst) met gewone bestelwagens lol biggrin.gif

hahahaha thats weird dude

the dutch EOD wich i have seen on a base has a YRP and 2 special trucks that are to transport the bombs the trucks are heavy armed, heh they still find loads of bombs around the airbase i live, a 2 crazy constructors found one and started banging with a hammer on it to get the front thing off hehee crazy dudes

btw the SISU stuff is not on the dutch version

XA188.jpg

I really like it. But one thing, you need to lower the weight!

As it is now it doesn't even move a centimeter if I drive a T72 at full speed right into it. The T72 just bounces back. I don't think thats very realistic.

Other than that, great job!

KKB

I love it! This thing will sneak up on you if your walking near a road as a red. Better space out landmines a good distance, beacuse this thing will run through em all. The best fast deployment troop carrier yet. Hope a BTR isn't far off?confused.gif?

The xa188, the BRDM, and the LAV all look the same. Is there something with that crazy design? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Aug. 07 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The xa188, the BRDM, and the LAV all look the same. Is there something with that crazy design?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually they are all vastly different designs. They all look similar in a general sense only because the angled hulls are angled steeply in order to deflect bullets. The steep angle also enhances the capability of the armor to defeat AP bullets and in some cases anti-tank rounds as it gives more metal for the round or explosive to penetrate then armor that is that is perpendicular (I hope I spelled that right) to the angle at which the round or explosive round impacts. That is why most tanks have sloped armor and generally look similar with the exception of turretless tanks.

Another reason many of the light wheeled vehicles have a similar shape (kinda like boats) is because most are designed (or were originally designed) to be amphibious and thus they have to hulls that move through water in a relatively efficient manner.

Most of them have more then 4 wheels because often one or more wheels are either shot up or blown off (like because of land mines) during combat. The extra wheels also give the vehicles greater cross-country mobility. Even the BRDM scout car actually has 4 little wheels in it's belly that you don't see in OFP. These are to help it move over extremely tough terrain and so it doesn't get lodged on a boulder or something. Finally most of these APC's (like the Patria and the LAV) are designed to be highly resistant to land mines with hulls that are angled steeply to deflect the blast outward rather then into their passenger compartments. South Africa makes some of the best mine resistant APC's. Often these are more resistant to AT mines then even tanks. However from what I've seen from war photage from Chechnya, the BTR-80's don't seem to deal well with AT mines. sad.gif

But anyways, that in a nutshell is the main reasons behind why wheeled armored APC's tend to look similar.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As DKM are do good at AA missile vehicles maybe they could modify their Patria to this:

AA Version

<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want a Patria with ADATS mounted on top of it when you can just use the M109.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 08 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As DKM are do good at AA missile vehicles maybe they could modify their Patria to this:

AA Version

<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want a Patria with ADATS mounted on top of it when you can just use the M109.<span id='postcolor'>

For the Finnish army. I like to make missions with real armys, rather than generic East/West.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would you want a Patria with ADATS mounted on top of it when you can just use the M109.<span id='postcolor'>

They have already modeled the ADATS so it shouldn't be a big deal to use it with the XA.

I really like the cockpit in the new version. But engine sound could be more powerful and the XA can run maybe too easily over trees confused.gif. Good work still.

/edit

Looks like that this is my 400th post biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

i load up the patria ...jump into the gunner seat ...and then tell my number 2 to get into driver seat...then all i hear over and over is "no target ...no target"....repeats until i tell him to jump out....this a bug in the patricia?....or do you have to do something special too make it work that way???

try the same thing in a standard jeep, it will happen also.

its in ofp code somewhere.