Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Xa-188 patria by dkm-mod released

the XA188 has a improved armor that the XA180 thats why he cant float

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 05 2002,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want a Finnish version to go wiht UCE's Finnish troops and vehicles and the exellent Finnish armour that operaton slashh made. It is a Finnish vehicle after all.<span id='postcolor'>

It will be done...eventually smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 05 2002,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want a Finnish version to go wiht UCE's Finnish troops and vehicles and the exellent Finnish armour that operaton slashh made. It is a Finnish vehicle after all.<span id='postcolor'>

UCE made some great skins but too bad he decided to stop making addons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Aug. 05 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Aug. 04 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we will release an "international" patria soon... don't worry people..:)<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I've already started using some British unit addons that simulates U.N. peacekeeping force where they are using a "borrowed" Dutch APC (the Patria).   smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Miles, the patria would fit perfectly in your upcoming black hawk down mission. Hope you get that out soon. I havent seen much activity on your website latley.

I've also seen the flash from the M2 turn from white to blue. It's odd that whoever beta tested it didn't catch that.

Is the M2 the only type machine gun mounted on the patria? I was hoping the'd mount something a little diferent that the usual on there.

Anyway It's a great addon, keep up the good work.

I am making a finnish skin for it but i dunno if ill ever release it, atleast i gotta ask for permission of the author first..

I'd like it if the gunner could turn in and out, he's kinda vunerable sitting up there.

Neh thats cool. take KEG's AK 107/103 and lie in the bushes and kill the gunner. tounge.giftounge.gif

well i tried taking out the Patra with a blackop (by killing the gunner and driver) and it seems the gunner i very vulnerable to a shot, and when i try shooting the driver the window is kind of armoured confused.gif and i cannot shoot him.

So when he was retreating i shot at the tyres and they didnt pop. confused.gif

Well its nice to see a new APC ingame and overall the model is good, but i think these bugs make the vehicle too strong. And also, the textures are a bit patchy, some parts dark, some light, different colours,ect. and the back needs to be sharpened more, it looks very blurry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 05 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i tried taking out the Patra with a blackop (by killing the gunner and driver) and it seems the gunner i very vulnerable to a shot, and when i try shooting the driver the window is kind of armoured confused.gif and i cannot shoot him.

Well its nice to see a new APC ingame and overall the model is good, but i think these bugs make the vehicle too strong. And also, the textures are a bit patchy, some parts dark, some light, different colours,ect. and the back needs to be sharpened more, it looks very blurry.<span id='postcolor'>

a 5.56 or a 9mm bullet can't pass through the windows of this type of armored vehicles

if the wheels are the same kind of wheels as on the french VAB , then it's almost impossible to pierce them with any caliber under 7.62 mm including 9mm para , except if you use penetration rounds

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like it if the gunner could turn in and out, he's kinda vunerable sitting up there.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry not possible, there the game engine sets us limitations.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i tried taking out the Patra with a blackop (by killing the gunner and driver) and it seems the gunner i very vulnerable to a shot, and when i try shooting the driver the window is kind of armoured and i cannot shoot him.

So when he was retreating i shot at the tyres and they didnt pop. <span id='postcolor'>

What do you think APC stands for? American Pie Cake?.....

(no offense)

No it stands for Armored Personal Carrier, mention the word "Armored" in it.

Don't you think that a APC would be pretty useless if every little bullet you fire from you handgun would kill the whole vehicle?

The XA-188 is bulletproof up to 14,7mm (even if there is no gun with that caliber). The tires are kevlar protected. It is the version with heavy armor, you know, that is also why it has no propellers on its rear, because it cannot swim due to the heavier armor.

I hope I cleared here some missunderstandings out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 05 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i tried taking out the Patra with a blackop (by killing the gunner and driver) and it seems the gunner i very vulnerable to a shot, and when i try shooting the driver the window is kind of armoured confused.gif and i cannot shoot him.

Well its nice to see a new APC ingame and overall the model is good, but i think these bugs make the vehicle too strong. And also, the textures are a bit patchy, some parts dark, some light, different colours,ect. and the back needs to be sharpened more, it looks very blurry.<span id='postcolor'>

----===***""" ARMORED """***===---- Personal Carrier.

well ok, ill take note of the word ARMOURED. smile.gif But i was not referring only to an MP5 or any other hand gun, but also to a weapon with more penetrative rounds.

Ok i rest my case. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 05 2002,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">----===***""" ARMORED """***===---- Personal Carrier.<span id='postcolor'>

its spelled "Personnel", not Personal. smile.gif

What do you think it is, some kind of "Personal" carrier that you can hire? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Aug. 05 2002,22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The XA-188 is bulletproof up to 14,7mm (even if there is no gun with that caliber).<span id='postcolor'>

wrong , the russians use a gun of this caliber (on real life brdm 2 for exemple)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 05 2002,23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well ok, ill take note of the word ARMOURED. smile.gif  But i was not referring only to an MP5 or any other hand gun, but also to a weapon with more penetrative rounds.

Ok i rest my case. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

like what ?

Like the new paint job but please remove the EOD mark aswell. EOD is Demolition Engineers and stands for Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 05 2002,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 05 2002,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">----===***""" ARMORED """***===---- Personal Carrier.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you think it is, some kind of "Personal" carrier that you can hire? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.buytheworld.com/prodm75....er.html

Buy an Armored PersonAl carrier for 4,000.00$

hahaha carny thats a good one  biggrin.gif

maybe you can make also a medic version i have seen them got them on photos but i still need to scan the photos

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Aug. 06 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not, its "explosieven opruimings dienst"<span id='postcolor'>

guess it depends what country youre from tounge.gif

International its the other.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 05 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 05 2002,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 05 2002,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">----===***""" ARMORED """***===---- Personal Carrier.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you think it is, some kind of "Personal" carrier that you can hire? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.buytheworld.com/prodm75....er.html

Buy an Armored PersonAl carrier for 4,000.00$<span id='postcolor'>

It's an Armored Personnel Carrier. Hmm, I wonder where I saw you before.

I like the new version. Will you make one with Finnish markings, and manned by UCE's Finnish troops? That would be exellent.

Looks good smile.gif, but you should add the "SISU" label to the side, the one which is already in the first release.

Your new textures look much better. Keep it up. But as norsu said there should probably be manufacturers insignia on the side.