Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Xa-188 patria by dkm-mod released

Finally, we have sorted out all bugs (we knew of), so XA-188 is now rdy for download at our

page.

It is a real fast APC and armed with the M2 HMG. 8 soldiers can transported beside the 2 men crew. It is much faster then the M113 and we are pretty sure you will like it:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Aug. 03 2002,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the mirrors are not up yet, just click the banners (OFP or RES).<span id='postcolor'>

oh what a Dunce i am biggrin.gif

Just tried it out and it is SOOO!!! much better than the M113 biggrin.gif. Would like to see some different textures of it maybe in the UN colors.

Great that you guys got it out smile.gif Looking very promising for a first version, but there are some issues...

2) There's is a passage to rear compartment with space for at least two guys behind right front seat.

3) Car doors at the front with subwoofers? Don't think so smile.gif

4) Poor inside texture choices - use something like BMP-1 interior paint scheme. The 'worn out white'. Car textures don't fit so well.

5) There are no munitions in the engine compartment wall between passengers and driver is just engine space with white wall textures.

6) interior and exterior like the roof need more detail.

7) Sound is ok but more diesel-like would be better. Check out for satchels sound mod etc.

8) Sisu XA is reasonably well-armored but really doesn't stand so much 12.7mm heavy machine-gun fire. In fact 20-50 round should destroy it.

9) Can the M2HB be used like M113 M2HB? I mean zoom and things like that. Now it's pretty inaccurate. OFP limitation?

10) If you add the corridor between driver space and passengers - two guys could fit there. So the entire 12 man squad could easily get in. Now only 10 men fit inside.

First glance mistakes, but overall the XA APC is coming along very well, very good for first release!

Keep it up!

get ride of the Dfor....it just looks wierd...except that great work

errrrm hang on there a sec , this is the dutch version of the patria, it doesnt have propellers , coz it is more armored and therefor cannot float, the "horn" is for cutting wires inbetween trees, woofers, fine, nag about it, youre right there.

POSTING AN IMAGE SIZED 250k+ !!!

MORE URINE TAKING LIKE THIS AND POST RESTRICTIONS WILL BE PERMANENT!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Aug. 04 2002,00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"horn" is for cutting wires inbetween trees, woofers, fine, nag about it, youre right there.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont mean to nag about it - I just didn't know that smile.gif

Take no offense im just suggesting improvements to your already excellent Sisu XA.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 03 2002,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Get rid of the stick pointing out at the front, 'unicorn horn'<span id='postcolor'>

Well the unicorn thing is quite normal on most vehicles used on hotspots around the world. So why remove it.

Its used to remove trip wires and metal wires put across roads so the commander/gunner or who else have there heads out from the vehicle dont loose it tounge.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

I just tried this addon out and I must say that is perhaps the finest amored vehicle addon made so far.  The interior is well done, the driver's compartment is superb, the sound is great, and it handles very well.  However....   My biggest beef with it is the fact that it has the flags and the big DFOR painted all over it.  As someone else mentioned this SERIOUSLY limits the missions it can be used for.  I mean sure I could just ignore the flags and stuff and pretend it's a U.N., U.S., APC or something, but it would be very nice if a version could be made without all the national symbols.   I really would love to make a great mission with it but unfortunately I know next to nothing about the Dutch, Finnish, ect.. military forces.  sad.gif

So if anyone could reskin it at least to remove the flags and the big DFOR, I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes, release an "international" version (i.e. non-mod version) smile.gif. Even though far from perfect, it's a very good addon, and alot more useful than all those aircraft biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work. Oh and make the turning circle a bit smaller wink.gif

Something strange I found when firing the 50cal - sometimes the muzzle flash changes from the correct yellowy white to a strange light blue colour. Anyone else getting this? confused.gif

Ambulance? Er, I'll pass on that. Just give me the "mean killing machine" version, thank you biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Aug. 04 2002,03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something strange I found when firing the 50cal - sometimes the muzzle flash changes from the correct yellowy white to a strange light blue colour. Anyone else getting this? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I have also found that it turns blue when firing the 50cal wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gen.Carnage @ Aug. 04 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we will release an "international" patria soon... don't worry people..:)<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl!  I'm glad you'll be releasing an international version.  I like for example how other MOD groups have made tons of different versions of the M113 APC with different textures.  I think that's really cool if you're trying to make a non-U.S. version of it for example.  So I'm looking forward to making some kick ass missions with the Patria.  Actually I've already started using some British unit addons that simulates U.N. peacekeeping force where they are using a "borrowed" Dutch APC (the Patria).   smile.gif  

So far the mission looks great and I love how the Patria sets off land mines.  smile.gif  I made a wonderful ambush mission where terrorists destroy the lead Patria in the convoy with a land mine and because you are the last vehicle in the convoy you have to stop check for survivors which is when you get ambushed by two armed gunmen.  However the main goal of the mission is for the convoy force of British troops to drive out some rebels who refuse to agree to a cease fire agreement and who must be pursuaded by other means.  A Bradley M2 with U.S. troops also assists in the assault.  Once you and your squad (loaded in your Patria) clear the village of rebels then another convoy of buses with civilians pulls in and your mission is accomplished...maybe...there is always an unpleasant surprise in my missions.   smile.gif  Anyways so far the Patria's look and perform beautifully in the mission along with Keg's RPG-7's in the hands of the rebels. Scary stuff when those RPG-7 rockets go wooshing by outside your Patria.  smile.gif  

But anyways I'm looking foward to swapping the Dutch Patria out for the international version once you guys make one. At least it won't look as strange with U.S. or British troops mounted in them. 

Oh...and I hope you all will eventually make one with a 20mm or 25mm autocannon on it. That idea someone else had about an ambulance version is also a great idea!  smile.gif

Keep up the excellent work!!!  Your Patrias will be seeing heavy combat! smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I want a Finnish version to go wiht UCE's Finnish troops and vehicles and the exellent Finnish armour that operaton slashh made. It is a Finnish vehicle after all.