Sign in to follow this  
linkin93

Vehicle changes since 1.62?

So... Since the 1.62 patch there's been a lot of changes to how vehicles work... I was wondering everyone's opinions on some things:

Vehicle thermals have changed from white/black background to green (for main gunner) and orange (for commander) - Is there any reason for this? I thought thermals was FLIR? (black-hot white-hot, with black or white background)

The Fire Control System no longer works for all vehicles. Why is this? The auto-range and especially auto-lead features are extremely useful.

I find myself using the betas for the changes in various other areas (movement, rocket gravity, etc), but these other changes I find quite strange and/or backwards.

There is a dedicated thred to CCP changes in betas. You can deativate all this changes by settting autoguide AT to "on" in veteran mode. The changes are meant for multiplayer matches since tab locking makes such matches quite dull with vehicles. Tab lock males a BMP-2 as advanced as a Warrior II.

The chnages in FLIR were made according to the informations available what colour the Screen in the vehicles has...FLIR colour is simply dependend on the Screen and green is used mostly for Gunner FLIR in armoured vehicles all around NATO at least.

OK... I don't control the settings on our server where auto-guide AT is turned off... unsure as to the server exe version