Sign in to follow this  
Kendostick70

FPS stuck around 18 on every setting.

I have an AMD FX6100 CPU, and GPU is AMD HD 7850 and no matter what settings i try i cannot get the FPS to get above about 20. In single player i reach 70+, but any multiplayer usually hangs around 18 FPS or lower. Ive tried many different settings and yet their is no difference between running on ultra and on lowest (defaults) both stay 18 FPS. Ive tried changing launch parameters and other options in the CFG to no avail. One thing Ive noticed is that i cannot change the affinity or check the affinity when using task manager, i don't have access for some reason. Here is the last pic Ive taken of settings (tried all possible combinations). Note: i also tried changing sampling to lowest, and the FPS stayed on 18 still... need any help since single player works so easily but multiplayer is unbearable. :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/0RDsMkl.jpg

MP FPS depends on the server. There is nothing you can do about it. As long as you have playable FPS in SP, you are fine...

Come on, it should not be capped at 18 on every server ive tried, obviously something is wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Here's a nice pic lol http://i.imgur.com/NJCsTkP.jpg

maybe if it used some of my resources...

Have tried, does nothing. same 18 FPS

put overall view distance on 1k, object slightly lower

put up gpu heavy settings to medium or high at least, play on sa-matra wasteland servers if you play wasteland as those have the highest fps

My FPS is depends on the server I am joining to:

no annex 0 FPS cuz of the crashes

king of hill 9-20 fps

domination 20-30fps

top fps i can get is 35 but mostly i just quit when my fps is too low

Multiplayer servers have their own settings, also the amount of objects spawned/ai spawned in a mission effect your fps, if you can't get playable fps on mp servers then don't play MP because your computer isn't powerful enough to handle it (i'm not saying that to be mean, just pointing out the fact.)

The ArmA series are very CPU heavy so for a performance boost you can overclock your CPU if you know how to.

The settings which nuke my fps are shadows, ssao, and post processing effects, try playing with every setting, you should even try openign task manager and kill some processes which you don't need because every bit of CPU power can give you that extra fps which you need to get a stable 60.

Multiplayer servers have their own settings, also the amount of objects spawned/ai spawned in a mission effect your fps, if you can't get playable fps on mp servers then don't play MP because your computer isn't powerful enough to handle it (i'm not saying that to be mean, just pointing out the fact.)

The ArmA series are very CPU heavy so for a performance boost you can overclock your CPU if you know how to.

The settings which nuke my fps are shadows, ssao, and post processing effects, try playing with every setting, you should even try openign task manager and kill some processes which you don't need because every bit of CPU power can give you that extra fps which you need to get a stable 60.

Yeah, dont give false information, have a friend with same cpu and a worse gpu who gets much better stable FPS of about 60, on the same servers i get 18 always. 18 on multiple servers with multiple settings so its not my hardware that is an issue,

ill try the view distances (already have before) again i guess but as you can see here http://i.imgur.com/NJCsTkP.jpg , the game inst utilizing my GPU or CPU which is why its stopped at 18. which happens, always.

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

don't remember names, but im in aus, have tried aus servers of wasteland and DOM, and american DOM anex TD and wasteland.

Just a quick suggestion buddy, have a look at your heatsink, is it secure on top of your CPU?

Yeah, dont give false information, have a friend with same cpu and a worse gpu who gets much better stable FPS of about 60, on the same servers i get 18 always. 18 on multiple servers with multiple settings so its not my hardware that is an issue,

ill try the view distances (already have before) again i guess but as you can see here http://i.imgur.com/NJCsTkP.jpg , the game inst utilizing my GPU or CPU which is why its stopped at 18. which happens, always.

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

don't remember names, but im in aus, have tried aus servers of wasteland and DOM, and american DOM anex TD and wasteland.

there is no way your friend is getting 60 fps with that cpu in multiplayer

try sa-matra wasteland version to see if you get improved fps