Sign in to follow this  
meatball

[MP | COOP 2-8 | WIP] Static Loop

can this be played alone (with friendly ai) or is it only for a group of players?

can this be played alone (with friendly ai) or is it only for a group of players?

You could play it alone, but there is no option to add in friendly AI. It's extremely difficult to play alone since if you get knocked unconscious, there's noone to revive you. The more players you can have, the better, but you can adjust the difficulty up and down in the parameters based on the number of players you have playing between 2 and 8. I've played it with as little as two of us and had a good time. Definitely harder with less people, but it can be done.

Yeah, I was originally going to allow AI in the mission, but the revive script gets really hinkey with AI involved. I decided to just allow the players to set the number of enemies/skill level of the enemies in Parameters so they could play with less players if need be.

Just a heads up, I've released a temporary new version, 0.85 to fix triggers that were broken with the latest patch. Plan to spend some time coming up with a better way to do triggers so this doesn't break every patch. Additionally I added in a new parameter that let's those of you that really want it, to only allow the Combat Life Saver to revive others. Default is everyone can revive.

Main post has been updated with the latest release link.

Edited by Meatball

New Release!

v 0.9 Released: Available on Armaholic (Thanks Big!)

ChangeLog

- Minor tweaks to AI skills levels. Lowered Normal, Hard & Extreme Levels slightly.

- Reconfigured triggers for destroyed towers/buildings so they should no longer break every time when the game is patched.

- Fixed a problem with Starting script that would sometimes cause the insertion helicopter to crash.

- Believe the BTC Revive error message is now fixed.

Known Issues (Tested on [Dev] Arma 3 Beta 0.77.109561)

- None

I _hope_ this will be the last release before the official game goes live. At that point I'll make sure everything works with the official release and release Static Loop 1.0. I'd might also add in random/changeable weather for the mission, but we'll see if I can figure out how to make it work.

Enjoy, and as usual, let me know if you notice any issues!

Edited by Meatball

Sweet! Thanks again, Meatball!

I hope you'll be bringing your mission prowess to Altis as well ;)

Heh, thanks! Altis is great, and I've already started toying with a few things. :)

Edited by Meatball

Hosted your mission last night with about 7 of us. Had a great time, we played a different mission before hand so didn't have time to finish it, we'll be back next week. The guy's thoroughly enjoyed.

Great job Meatball

Fawlty

New Release!

- Steam Workshop Link: Static Loop v 1.0

- Armaholic Link (Thanks Big!): Static Loop v 1.0

ChangeLog

- v 1.0 release, and first release to Steam Workshop. Tested and working with Arma III Official v 1.00.109911

- Weather, woot! Players can now choose starting weather and the weather will randomly change throughout the mission. Unfortunately, this will NOT work if the mission is hosted on a dedicated server. Something is off with the A3 weather and I just couldn't get it working correctly in a dedicated server setup.

- Updated to the latest version of AI Spawn Script Pack (v0.90) by SpunFin

- Added in new vehicles and units from official release.

- Various minor bug fixes and code tweaks.

Known Issues (Tested on Arma III Official v 1.00.109911)

- Random Weather does not work when missions are hosted on a dedicated server.

General Release Notes

This will likely be the 'last' release of Static Loop unless I find I missed something, or something gets broken in a future patch. Hopefully at some point A3 weather will work better with dedicated servers and I can get that working as well.

Edited by Meatball

Overall a great game Meatball. Though I have not played all the way through, Only 1 small problem found , but its not a game breaker. Primary weapon looks fine to player using it ,but the guy standing next to you sees you holding a launcher like a riffle. Definitely playing this one again. Keep it up!

Edited by Jigsor

Hmm, which weapon/launcher are you seeing that with, and is it just in this mission, or in the regular game as well? I've definitely seen some strange things with animations just in the base game.

Just a quick update. The patch released today appears to have removed some of the weather commands and I'm guessing BIS is still working out problems with them, so Weather likely will not work at this point. I'm not going to release an update because the mission appears to be working otherwise.

Let me know if you notice any issues with anything.

I have a problem with the latest DEV Patch. The BodyRagdoll isn´t working. If you shoot an enemy he instantly "POPS" to the ground. Other missions work fine.

regards

Due to the amount of changes with the DEV version, I don't test or try to keep the mission up to date with the DEV version. My guess is it's probably something related to the BTC Revive script. When the new official patch hits later in the week I'll test the mission again and try to fix anything that has popped up.

New Release! v 1.1

- Steam Workshop Link: Static Loop v 1.1

- Armaholic Link (Thanks Big!): Static Loop

Change Log

- Tested and working with Arma III Official v 1.04.111668

- BI changed the amount of damage that towers can take. Instead of all towers taking 1 explosive charge to destroy, larger towers now take 3-4 explosive charges and smaller towers take 2-3 charges to knock down. Added lots of extra ammo/explosive crates to the map, so keep your eyes peeled.

- Weather and Time of day are now set to "Random" by default. They can be changed with the Parameters available at mission start.

- Tweaked weather script. Appears to be working correctly for both dedicated server and player hosted missions.

- Removed SLP Spawn Script as it was no longer needed.

Known Issues

- None

General Release Notes

- If you were subscribing to the Steam Workshop version, you will need to resubscribe. Needed to change a few things, so it's been uploaded as a new mission.

- I double checked everything with the new patch and with a few tweaks, I had no issues.

- @Spectro, I tested a good amount, but never ran into the BodyRagdoll issue you saw. Maybe something off in DEV? Be interested to see if it's still an issue for you.

- I will not be supporting the mission in the DEV branch since that changes so frequently and can cause a lot of issues.

- I do have a new mission in the works :) so there will likely not be any new updates to Static Loop unless a patch comes out that breaks it.

Edited by Meatball