Sign in to follow this  
killerwhale

forceAltitude

Can bis introduce such command, i know you can setheight but the unit doesnt keep its altitude. This would be great for bombing runs.

i know about this command but the unit will lose its altitude if it spots enemy or it wants to engage an enemy

You can make a function that changes the unit's Z velocity if they are under or over the desired altitude.

Here you go - just plop this in the aerial vehicle's init line.

_nul = [this] spawn {_veh = _this select 0; _alt = position _veh select 2; while{alive _veh} do {sleep 0.1; if(position _veh select 2 > _alt) then {_veh setVelocity [velocity _veh select 0, velocity _veh select 1, (velocity _veh select 2) -2];}; if(position _veh select 2 < _alt) then {_veh setVelocity [velocity _veh select 0, velocity _veh select 1, (velocity _veh select 2) + 2];}};};

It's very messy code, but it works :P

aircraft setDamage 1; The poor man's aircraft forceAltitude 0;

:)

Nice zooloo

Reduces the altitude grabs by AI, but doesn't stop an aircraft climbing.

(Tested on my C185)

Gnat;2443155']Nice zooloo

Reduces the altitude grabs by AI' date=' but doesn't stop an aircraft climbing.

(Tested on my C185)[/quote']

Maybe change the Z velocity to be dynamic based on the difference between the desired altitude and the current altitude and have it set the Z velocity to that.

_nul = [this] spawn {_veh = _this select 0; _alt = position _veh select 2; while{alive _veh} do {sleep 0.1; _veh setVelocity [velocity _veh select 0, velocity _veh select 1, (velocity _veh select 2) + (_alt-(position _veh select 2))];};};

but dont you think bohemia should introduce forceAltitude command just like forceSpeed command? this should make it easier

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

or holdAltitude

but dont you think bohemia should introduce forceAltitude command just like forceSpeed command? this should make it easier

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

or holdAltitude

Wouldn't hurt :)