Sign in to follow this  
Qosmius

What has actually changed since arma 1?

ok so i am just very curious about some stuff....what has actually been changed in development since arma 1 which is over 7 years old now? i know they have improved graphics, added physics which is very awkward at the moment, stances, underwater and a bit better inventory..but are these the only new things that has been done in 7 years?

i dont mean to be rude or anything. but as far as i can see it, arma 3 is only a game with better graphics, new models and with a touch of a bit more arcadish approach to a simulator game.

sure alot of peoples will hate me for writing this, but if you think hard enough, there isnt really much that have been done since arma 1. same glitchy engine, same vehicle models, same tablock, same body armor modell, same vehicle damage modell.

can anyone give me something else than new units, physics and underwater?

yes i know the game is not released yet. but the kind of stuff we se now in beta wont change that much in the final release anyways

Edited by Qosmius

Why do you want that changed something that is good?

do not write anything here if you cannot give constructive feedback. im not interested in hearing about ranting about how bad my post is and such...give me info about what is new and done different. why arma 3 is worth buying

Arma 1 was released 7 years ago not 10. If you are referring to the Operation Flashpoint which was released 13 years ago than a lot. What has been changed in arma 3 between past games is hard to say because the game has not been released yet. It is available only for testing and is not yet a finished product. I understand that not all features promised will be in, but the ones that will be are going to be awesome and most of others features are most likely going to modded in, just like with other arma series.

Edited by Denco

Arma 1 was released 7 years ago not 10. If you are referring to the Operation Flashpoint which was released 13 years ago than a lot. What has been changed in arma 3 between past games is hard to say because the game has not been released yet. It is available only for testing and is not yet a finished product. I understand that not all features promised will be in, but the ones that will be are going to be awesome and most of others features are most likely going to modded in, just like with other arma series.

what has been changed so far in the beta, excluding the things i mentioned in my post?

It is too early to answer that question, since like Denco said, the game is not released yet. A better question now would be what is the game missing, and provide good feedback with the help of the FT so that the devs (hopefully) can fix the game.

what has been changed so far in the beta, excluding the things i mentioned in my post?

Most important the animations, engine optimizations ( still being worked on ), net code optimizations ( still being worked on ) etc. I don't really know what kind of changes are you looking for because all the changes that are happening are listed in the SPOTREP you just have to browse the forums.

Also keep in mind that Arma 2 is also arcadish ( you can shoot with an LMG accurately when standing ) by it self. What makes arma 2 realistic is the ACE 2 ( advanced combat environment mod ) mod which I hope will come out for arma 3.

Edited by Denco

It is too early to answer that question, since like Denco said, the game is not released yet. A better question now would be what is the game missing, and provide good feedback with the help of the FT so that the devs (hopefully) can fix the game.

yeah, we are giving them feedback, and alot of it too. but it seems like they are ignoring most of it which are pretty important to fix. we have been nagging about tank armor and body armor for years and it is still not working. if they make that work properly in arma 3 it is a big + but most of the things we ask for gets overlooked

yeah, we are giving them feedback, and alot of it too. but it seems like they are ignoring most of it which are pretty important to fix. we have been nagging about tank armor and body armor for years and it is still not working. if they make that work properly in arma 3 it is a big + but most of the things we ask for gets overlooked

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159007-Discussion-on-quot-Axed-quot-Features

This thread proves that it definetly does not get overlooked, the devs have nicely explained what the situation is.

Please take a look at the already existing threads, there is no need for duplicates.

I'll leave it with a verbal warning this time :wink_o: