ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

I'm not that new, I've already played Arma 3 for almost 700 hrs but didn't find my way to the forums until now :)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm new to this community so I will introduce myself a little bit.

So, I'm Joffrey, 33 years old, from France. I'm an hardware/software electronics engineer, mainly specialized in designing digital boards with microcontrollers, developing software in C language with use of real-time OS. I discovered the Arma series thanks to DayZ Mod and I have to admit I fell in love with this gameplay style, that is far more immersive than running/jumping everywhere 360 quickscoping other players  :rolleyes:

I joined this community because I discovered Arma scripting for 2 weeks now. It has been a lot of fun playing with cool commands and of lot of rage trying to address bugs, but after all, solving problems is one of the funniest game for the human brain. But one day or another, I know I will need some help from experienced scripters/modders, so here I am.

To finish, I would like to thank BI and their amazing community for their opening, their work and the impressive knowledge base they grew up for years !

• Like 1

Hi all,

Long time player and supporter of Operation Flashpoint and the Arma series.

I thought it was about time to make my first post - omly 15 yrs too late ;)

All the best

Iggy

• Like 1

Hi all,

Long time player and supporter of Operation Flashpoint and the Arma series.

I thought it was about time to make my first post - omly 15 yrs too late ;)

All the best

Iggy

Welcome here. The OFP community is still alive, together with ArmA3 one.

• Like 2

Gooooooooood Mooooorning Armaverse,

i' am Sleepy Joe. 

about me, i am a guy who like to play video games to watch old movies and series and to listen older musik.. and i would say, i am an Armajunk now :D

Before.., hmm, i was a cs:s ESL player.

I am allways up for fairplay.

After like 2000h+ on A2 and A3 i found my way to the forum. My start was on DayZ mod in Arma 2..

MAKE ARMA NOT WAR

• Like 1

Hi. I'm Allie, and I like to tell myself that I can make things with the Arma series before reality crushes me into a drunken heap.

In the meanwhile; I climbed onboard with Opera- uh, Arma:CWA, and enjoyed fancying myself as a terrified bullet-magnet enough that I haven't looked back.

Maybe one day I'll make something memorable, but until then the BIstudio forums have given me plenty of solutions and questions that have driven me forward, and I hope for more.

Good luck, have fun, and don't die!

• Like 2

Hi, I go by AJE (as my name would indicate), and I'm kind of a history buff (an armchair general, especially when it comes to WWI or technology of any era).  I used to play (and mod) a lot of Wargame: Red Dragon, but I have terrible reflexes, so I never could get into FPS games, until I read about the slower pace of Arma.  

I still can't really play Arma very well, (it takes me 3 full seconds to get a good steady aim at an AI when popping out from cover, while the AI can kill me in 2), but it's more reliant on strategy, and it includes an editor for all sorts of fun no matter how good or bad I am at Arma.

I thought I would be able to create some mods for Arma as well as W:RD, but Arma is much more complicated, and it will take a lot more time to learn how to model and code units and weapons.

• Like 1

I'm relatively new to the forums.  Just starting to get active.  Enjoy ArmA a lot, especially after adding APEX and some further mods.  Catch ya on the forums!

-Jav

Hey Everyone!

I've been playing Arma 3 and Dayz for a couple years now (among other games) but recently decided to join the forums after stumbling across the Arma 3 Photography thread. I usually play Invade and Annex with some Altis Life and KOTH thrown in from time to time. I also like to re-create loadouts from various real-world units in the Arsenal with various mods to use for screenshots or on missions.

I find US military gear interesting (mostly stuff from OIF) and have a small collection of mostly vests and pouches. My favorite pieces of gear are my USMC-issued woodland OTV and woodland Ranger Assault Carry Kit. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to browsing the forums and learning from everyone.

- Rafterman

• Like 1

Hello all, newbie here!

Still finishing my profile, hehe.

Hello everyone, I'm from Sweden and currently trying to learn modeling and how get it into Arma 3 after thousands of hours in this game.

Many of the threads from this forum has helped me on this adventure so I thought that i finally should make an account and join this awesome community.

I'm looking forward to share this experience with you all. :)

• Like 1

Hola,

I am StoRm from OzzyGaming in Australia, trying to get some info on some recent hacks and if anyone knows a way around it.

Server will start up players will join fun fun etc for about 30-40 mins then the carnage starts, ppl blowing up, thrown across the map then when the person has had their fun Arma server closes.

This has been on going for the past 5 days :\

This is introduction post, I think that suffices.

Hi, I'm bryan. I kept coming here via google searches and decided to sign up. 

Hi i am new here.Thanks admin for allowing me to join this forum.I,m here to tell everyone that we already launch new private server of conquer online.So please admin tell me where i can post it.I appreciate your response.Thank you once again

7 hours ago, Conqray said:

Hi i am new here.Thanks admin for allowing me to join this forum.I,m here to tell everyone that we already launch new private server of conquer online.So please admin tell me where i can post it.I appreciate your response.Thank you once again

Which game are you referring to?

New to the forum. Proud to be part of the 15th MEU Realism Unit. Running a triple monitor set up and my TFAR and Alive mods are too big on my screen. Looking for an answer, if anyone can help please do. Thanks

Kill you?  :icon_biggrin:

Certain people might get a bit cranky if you ask questions without doing a bit of research first. Apart from that members here generally treat each other decently. Regardless of how long they've been around.

Welcome on board.

• Like 1

Hello, Muff from Czech Republic with 3000 hours on arma 3, goes by to say hello ^^

Edited by Ragamuff

Hi, this is Harley and I goes by the name of JacobEYE on different gaming platforms, such as on Xbox and Playstation. 

I am new here, I have recently built a new i7 system for my gaming purpose only and I am finally returned to PC gaming after 4 years gap. 

I have been following different gamers for Arma 3 on youtube and so far I am very content on starting Arma 3 this weekend. 

Found this forum from other website and I thought I should join it to keep myself updated and to help other people out with news and tips. 

• Like 2