ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

SOD141 here for advertising and info.

We will also post scripts, tactics etc.

Hi there! I'm a long time Arma player and forum lurker (okay Arma 2 July 2009, so not as long as some of you) who's looking for some help with mods. I'm technical enough that I can install a mod no problem, and build a basic skirmish mission with custom load outs, but thats about as far as my skillsets go. Hoping to change that here.

I'm a competitive shooter and firearms journalist based out of Canada, so I spend a lot of time with real guns, but still love tinkering with virtual ones.

I notice there's a cap on making new posts. Is that a time based thing or an engagement based thing?

Here's a smallish photo of some of my guns:

16567651080_d3b004730c.jpg

15819695593_c6e4e8f43c.jpg

Hello all - After a good few years away from the forums and ArmA in general (stupid real-life took over!) I am glad to see that the community is still going strong and that some very talented people are still making content for this amazing game/MilSim.

I used to make missions, do a bit of scripting for OFP/ArmA 1 + 2 but Ive since lost my touch but looking to get back into and rekindle my love for the Arma series. Anyway, rant over!

Another noob here. Been working on a server for friend and myself and I am joining in the hope of learning some more so that I can improve and make something really worth all the time I've spent.

I registered here a while back and still haven't been enabled to post threads?

Nope, need a few more posts.

I am new to the community and scripting in Arma 3. Looking forward to learning and hopefully answering/asking some questions along the way. I am currently working on my first Arma 3 mission so wish me luck.

Yup, another newbie checking in, heya all! I play ARMA II: CO, haven't got ARMA3 yet unfortunately, but hey it's something to look forward too! Just joined the forum because I'm fiddling around with the editor a lot nowadays, and this is a brilliant resource.

Yup, another newbie checking in, heya all! I play ARMA II: CO, haven't got ARMA3 yet unfortunately, but hey it's something to look forward too! Just joined the forum because I'm fiddling around with the editor a lot nowadays, and this is a brilliant resource.

Welcome.. And the Editor is the best place to be. ;)

Hi,

I've been around ArmA since OFP - Haven't played for a while, but now I'm gaming from time to time with some of my friends. We're all former or active military guys. Love to see all the mods you guys have made so far!!!!! :D

Hi i'm happy to finally join the community.I was a big fan during the days of ArmA 2 and forward.The ArmA series is the genre i was looking for my whole life.But besides that i really admire you guys at B.I. for many reasons and i'm supporting you as much as i can.For limited time reasons i can't be as active as i hoped would be in the site but i'll be here every now and then.

We'll talk about anything and everything in the forum topics,see you all there mates! :)

Hi,

I've recently registered on the forums to post a few threads getting some help and advice on editing Arma 3 etc...

Unfortunately ever since Ive confirmed my email and accepted the forum rules im unable to start a new thread as its stated in my perms "you may not start a new thread," is there a way of changing this or have I missed a step.

Hope to hear from you soon.

James

Excuse that last post, after a little research I found out how to sort out the problems...

Hi My name is Dave & I have just got into arma 3 mission editing. Been playing since the old flashpoint days and i was put off by a lot of the scripting and coding side of things, yet there are so amny helpful youtube tutorials out now that Its making it a lot easier for me. Given up on Dayz standalone until/if it ever gets finished and may give it another go. Spend a lot of time playing arma 2 epoch, but I want to spend more time making missions in arma 3

Hi guys, I am ReDKiiL, I'm trying create scripts for Arma 3! I already create scripts from another game ! And lately is trying to program C++ but I quit

Hi everyone! I have been playing most of the BF, COD & CS series, including Insurgency. I tend to favor older games somehow, so are still playing Quake, UT (and its mods Tactical Ops and also Infiltration).

My first foray into realism FPS started with the UT mod Infiltration 2.86 (which is still installed on my PC) and I did mess around a bit with PR on BF2. I am looking forward for more discussions in the community. :)

Apparently I have to post here and explain to all of you bored, sleep deprived gamers why I am here, in order to get my forum rep up so that I can post a thread asking a scripting question.

What a time to be alive...

I am here because I have chosen to be. I have not followed in the footsteps of my ancestors nor have I been coerced into this forum by onlookers. I am merely here, at my own will, wishing to do what one would expect to be able to accomplish through a digital forum.

Apparently I have to post here and explain to all of you bored, sleep deprived gamers why I am here, in order to get my forum rep up so that I can post a thread asking a scripting question.

Yeah, what's the deal with this? I am apparently allowed to start a new thread, and after that, but before I am able to reply to any posts, THEN I have to check off that I have read the rules, but I am still not able to edit my own profile, and none of this is explained in the rules I just read?

Hello, I'm thepackett. I'm a programmer who is somewhere between "beginner" and "competent", and I came to arma to make some awesome stuff.

Bonjours je me présente je m’appelle jonathan j'ai 30 ans, j'habite dans le sud de la france, met passion sont le modélisme,jeux video et la programmation.

sorry for my english i'm french.

Hello I introduce myself my name is jonathan I 'm 30 , I live in the south of France , puts passion are the modeling, video games and programming.

To any newcomers posting here, that are new to the forum, but maybe not the game. Welcome, its nice to see new faces and have new opinions. :)

• Like 1