ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

My god, I was searching for a place for my first post so I could View a Social Group,

Graduate programmers gotta try their hand at programming in all sorts of situations man

Whether you come to play, script, mod, program or whatever.. Its nice to see new members.. Welcome.:)

Hi all,

I just signed up and accepted the Forum Rules. However, I'm not able to post a new thread!

I'd like to ask a question in the Editing and scripting forum, but there's no "New thread" button..

Can anyone explain what I need to do? I must have missed something..

##edit:

maybe this just took time... the button is there now. strange.

Edited by usbStuck

Just signed up for the possibility of replying to threads,have some sqf knowledge

Hey there. I've been playing BI games since OFP in '04 or '05..? I just got into mission editing a few months ago - because why not wait until there's a decade's worth of material to learn :rolleyes:. It also happens that I'm pretty bad at editing and by all accounts a horrible person.

I'm going to occasionally ask silly questions in the Arma 3 Mission Editing & Scripting subforum and probably not be able to contribute anything other than my strong east-European looks and my seriously lacking sqf knowldge. Maybe one day I'll pupate and become a beautiful little scripting butterfly. Maybe a bird will eat me. Only god knows.

In any case, happy to meet you all. Good to be here.

Hey all,

I'm Luke, 29, Australian, relatively new to arma, played for a year or two, admittedly DayZ brought me here, but it has indirectly opened up a door to much more for me as i haven't been a gamer for all that long due to the fact that a lot of games i had previously experienced were far too arcadey for my liking, & i just never delved more into games because of this, thankfully stumbled across DayZ like a lot of people have done before me through YouTube, which then in turn introduced me to arma and its much more hardcore/simulator feel & mechanics, & from then on i jumped in feet first into the gaming world, to the point where i'm becoming more & more interested in the modding & creation side of video games.

anywho, i'll be trawling through the forums eating up as much info as i can, so thanks for having me i guess

I hate forums, but I have a troubleshooting question I need answered and it's the only place to do it. So here's my introduction, because I need five posts to prove I'm not here to just randomly post stuff. My name is Andrew. Consider me introduced. I'm antisocial. That's three, unless my other posts get taken down for sarcasm. Any other place I can post two more so I can get my question answered? Or maybe someone nice could just ask me a few questions and then I can answer them here for a higher count.

hello people, I like to lurk mostly and read.

When I am not coding, I spend most of my time building my robot girlfriend.

So it seems like I have to post something before I can create threads somewhere?

Yup. Just be sure it's not spam :)

Well, how many posts do I need? I want to ask specific questions and, to be honest, I am not very interested into normal ArmA discussions, just here for the scripting. (shame on me)

well, how many posts do i need? I want to ask specific questions and, to be honest, i am not very interested into normal arma discussions, just here for the scripting. (shame on me)

5 iirc.

Finally after looking through the forums and finding most of the answers to my questions it has come time to post an introduction so i can reach the reply limit set so i can actually post a new thread within the troubleshooting section

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

I assume that it is still the 5 anti-spam replies we need to post before we can seek help within the forums. Hopefully I will reach that before my pc goes through the window out of frustration lol

Hey all,

Not new to ARMA, but new to the forums. Hoping to look to the community for scripting questions.

Hi,

I am also new here and I registered not for fun, but because I have a problem ... but It seems I can't start a new thread.

So I am introducing myself here in hope that it workes then.

Otherwise I have resurrect an one year old thread that is only remotely related to my problem.

But that isn't my fault

Posting for the first time so that I can access Social Groups.

A little new to scripting, trying to get help. Pretty disappointed to see this forum so completely locked down, and yet still being spammed by bots.

Oh hey, I signed up for an account last year and haven't posted much. So I'll say hi to everyone now.

I bought Take On Helicopters about a year ago, plus ArmA II and all the expansions for that as well, and thought I'd jump on here whenever I had questions about editing and whatever. (Though for the mods' sake, I'm being a good boy and searching through old threads that might have my answers, along with the BIKI.) I probably should start using this forum more often, though!

Hi,

I have been occasionally reading these forums in the past. I picked up scripting about 3 weeks ago and have been spending hours on these forums since then.

I just signed up after giving up all hope on google search about a how to put a variable name in array name question.

Anyway, just waiting for the ability to post threads so I can ask my question in A3 scripting section.

Thanks for this great game by the way. Both A2 & A3.

Hi all,

a quick post to say hello (and I freely confess to register a post on the forums so I can do some other stuff).

I've been lurking here for a while, and playing Arma2 and 3 for longer still. Don't care if it looks like I'm sucking up (I'm old enough not to be bothered by the chattering classes) but I love what BI try to do with the Arma series... and an old saw for the gripers, the only people who don't make mistakes are the people who don't make anything.

See you out there - Good hunting.

CZ

Hello from Switzerland, I'm a young guy in his twenties I'm trying to get more into the arma 3 editor with a special project in mind.

Hi, I'm a new user from Spain and I want to make camos and skins for units but I don't have any idea how to skin them.