ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hi there,

I'm mainly writing this, so I can start a new thread in the editiong section, but to make this post not completely hollow, I'll just write something about myself here. I've started playing Cold War Crisis back in 2004 (I think) and bought every ArmA game ever since. I'm experienced in playing as well as mission editing and (simple) modding and usually I can solve problems that may occur by just reading posts of other peolpe having asked my question already or by peeking at other people's work. But now I'd like to ask something about an issue that's bugging me lately.

Hi there,

I'm mainly writing this, so I can start a new thread in the editiong section, but to make this post not completely hollow, I'll just write something about myself here. I've started playing Cold War Crisis back in 2004 (I think) and bought every ArmA game ever since. I'm experienced in playing as well as mission editing and (simple) modding and usually I can solve problems that may occur by just reading posts of other peolpe having asked my question already or by peeking at other people's work. But now I'd like to ask something about an issue that's bugging me lately.

Welcome here anyway :)

hi everyone. How does one create a new post? I can't seem to start one and i have some troubleshooting questions about monitor refresh rates in arma 3.

Edited by Crohnsy

Hi! I'm spoon and I've been here awhile and finally discovered that this is the only place I can post! Props to the mod who steered me in the right direction. :)

I'm the ex First Sergeant of Task Force Mamba and current director of Fighting Chance PMC in A3. Hope to see you guys in a game somewhere!

IRL Background: 24, US, EST, US Army, currently working IT.

Hi ! I'm jeanmoul from France, playing Arma since Arma2. I'm member of the french team DTB and a fresh mission editor. I came here mainly to discuss about scripting.

Hi ! I'm jeanmoul from France, playing Arma since Arma2. I'm member of the french team DTB and a fresh mission editor. I came here mainly to discuss about scripting.

A great intro post. Welcome here !

Hello! My name is Savage and I decided to finally get around to making an account on the forums here- though I've been lurking for quite some time now.

I was introduced to the series with the original ArmA back in 2007, but really fell in love with the series with ARMA 2 (once I finally had a decent PC). I'm looking to possibly try my hand at mission-making and modding for ARMA 3, so I'll probably be roaming those forums the most, asking noobish questions by the dozen (you've been warned).

I'm Fox.

I've been playing arma since ArmA Gold when i was young. Im 21 now and have been playing with mods since a bit before combined operations. I'm just now venturing off into creating my own simple mods for ArmA 3 and came to this forum for help. But it seems I'm not allowed to post. Soo... uh... Hi

IRL i'm a door to door salesman

Edited by Raverfox209
typos

I'm VALROK,

Playing in a realism unit, and creating missions & scenarios primarily through this. I have been a part of the arma community since A2 was fresh. Was recently shown my way towards this forum, as I am having some issues, with merging some missions this time :)

Anyways, as I am unable to post a new thread under a topic (or the other way around); I'd thought I might as well introduce myself. I will try to being active on this forum!

-VALROK.

I'm sux and I just want to make a thread without having to make a bunch of bs posts :mad:

Hello, I'm Bill Krull and I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I'm 62 and retired so I have plenty of time to play Arma 3. Obviously I'm a rank noobie and am coming up on what clearly is a steep learning curve. I'll probably be around this forum a lot. One thing I can't figure is how to drag and drop the RCO scope in the inventory in the bootcamp missions. I try but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bill

Hello, I'm Bill Krull and I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I'm 62 and retired so I have plenty of time to play Arma 3. Obviously I'm a rank noobie and am coming up on what clearly is a steep learning curve. I'll probably be around this forum a lot. One thing I can't figure is how to drag and drop the RCO scope in the inventory in the bootcamp missions. I try but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Welcome and I hope you found our parking space to be adequate.

In order to equip the RCO (or any other weapon optic/sight) on your rifle, you have to drag and drop it over your currently equipped sight/optic. The inventory helps you by highlighting the proper spot in white. Same goes for any other weapon attachment or clothing item/equipment piece.

Dear Friends,

I am William Jose from India, a full time Employer in a Retail Business Enterprise and managing the company also.

I wish to get the views of our forum friends for my doubts and also to serve up to my knowledge. Happy entrant.

Hi all

Im TaskSoldier121, member of the MAG team, I hope to have a great time with the comunity and this board. Now is time to leave as my extraction chopper is coming to take me to Mods and Adons section ;).

TaskSoldier out.

Hey guys! Quick one for my first post! I'm looking forward to being part of this community and learning all I can about modding in the Arma series.

Have a good one!

Hello everyone, I'm new here. At the moment i have some problems with my account, but i hope i'll get some help with it soon.

You'll never guess this, but I'm new here....

I've been playing ArmA for quite some time, just never really ended up on the official forums.

test post please ignore ... forums are not allowing me to do much until post count is 1

Hello, i'm new here !

I post because I can't made new thread in the "modding forum"

I would know how to do for have a vehicle lifted at an helicopter at the initialisation of a mission.

Thank's for your answers, and sorry for my approximated english !

Hey there, nice to see you, to see you nice!

Edited by waitumus

Greetings to all

I'm a newcomer here. A big fan of OFP

Trying to start an addon discussion thread but my post count was 0.

Regards,