ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hello! Nice to be here, New member but been playing since OFP1! anyone else find these CAPTCHAs particularly troublesome ?

Hey, im not new to this forum. But i have decided to register today cause of problems with a script and i cannot post in the editing section.

Maybe the mods are a littlebit to paranoid. Its like locking your house with 40 padlocks....

pls unlock me so i can ask why my script isnt working.

greetz

Bluscream

Hello everybody,

I have Arma 2 plus all addons and now Arma 3 and made an account, because I have a question about tasks and trigger in the A3 Editor. Just wanted a trigger to fire only, when a task is completed but I cannot set it up correctly. I hope to be a productive member to the Arma 3 Community soon, as I always enjoyed creating missions in Arma 2. :)

I want to say "Hello" here. I have registered here, because iam interrested in getting my own Arma3 Server running on

my debianmachine and also looking für some nice tips&tricks playing Arma3.

Have a nice day together, and please excuse my bad english. School is quite some days/years behind me.. :)

regards,

Martin from Essen (Germany)

Edited by z400
typo...

Hello from me my name is Jeroma, I'm happy to be part of this forum :)

Edited by Jeroma11

Hi,

I just registered to ask an ARMA 3 mission related question but it seems I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a new thread. I imagine the button would be where the Reply button is? I have nothing there

Hi all,

I'm an old timer in DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) and decided to approach ARMA recently. I've watched many videos on YouTube and really liked the multiplayer side of this game.

I also run a website called 'Situational Awareness' and thinking of covering ARMA's online battles as well in there, I think it would fit in pretty well.

This is Pvt. Stonus reporting in for duty! I put almost 400 hours into ArmA II and am now into 30+ on ArmA 3 and I've LOVED every second of it! I'm really interested in finding a group of pretty hardcore, realistic, tactical gamers that know how to a shape a competent noob into an OpFor slaying machine! My strong roles are as recon/sniper or automatic rifleman. If you see me in-game, then say hi and keep on the straight & narrow. Stonus, out!

This is Pvt. Stonus reporting in for duty! I put almost 400 hours into ArmA II and am now into 30+ on ArmA 3 and I've LOVED every second of it! I'm really interested in finding a group of pretty hardcore, realistic, tactical gamers that know how to a shape a competent noob into an OpFor slaying machine! My strong roles are as recon/sniper or automatic rifleman. If you see me in-game, then say hi and keep on the straight & narrow. Stonus, out!

Hey there,

Be sure to visit these threads if you are looking for a squad:

Arma 3 : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148606-Player-looking-for-squad-%28not-for-squads-to-post-looking-for-players!%29

Arma 2: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86052-Player-looking-for-squad-%28not-for-squads-to-post-looking-for-players!%29

Hello,

I`m Marutia Ortia. I`ve just registered at the forum. I`m a huge fan of strategy and war games. Hope to meet a lot of new friends here.

Hello I'm Dabbo!

I never really had a reason to sign up before, the level of information already on the site was enough for me to do whatever I was researching and never needed to ask a question and I never felt I knew enough to contribute to this community. Anyway, I'm now registered, mainly due to submitting 2 entries into the Make Arma Not War competition (Combat Royale Altis/Stratis - if interested).

So, I do a tiny bit of Arma scripting, nothing advanced - but enough to get a lot of enjoyment from the games :)

I also play some Arma2/3 community games with the lovely chaps at Folk ARPS every now and again. Anyway, hoping to learn a lot from the community and hopefully become useful to the community.

Thanks!

Dabbo

Edited by Dabbo
Typos

Hi I´m Nightmare,

i lead a few big communitys for ArmA 3 Mods and create everyday new Communitys for ArmA 3.

Thanks for this beautyful Introduction Thread :)

kind regards

Nightmare

Hi! Just stopping by here for a short introduction and a question. I'd like to edit my profile to include my interests and things, but I get the following message.

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Do I have to meet a minimum post requirement or something?

Also, bistudio, thank you for ARMA3. :)

Hello.

My name is Grzegorz, I'm from Poland and I'm 20 years old. I love video games and programming. I came here to learn about creating mods for arma 3. Nice to meet you all :)

Hello.

My name is Grzegorz, I'm from Poland and I'm 20 years old. I love video games and programming. I came here to learn about creating mods for arma 3. Nice to meet you all :)

Welcome to the forum, Grzegorz! :)

Hi, i need some help with my server but i cant open a post yet. what should i do? :(

Post a little more.

Well, just started using Arma3 because the editor looked cool (and played dayz in arma 2), but ran into an issue with camera before mission cutscences, and after searching the forums didn't find an answer, so joined, so that I could ask that question. But apparently I can't post threads... so can't ask my question. So will post here, in hopes that someday I can ask a simple question.

I've been lurking on these forums for a long time and I finally decided to join to actually get involved in discussions. I'm a long time player of the Arma series and recently got into scripting my own stuff and creating missions. So far I'm pretty entertained with it and my friends seem to enjoy the creations. See you guys around.

Well, just started using Arma3 because the editor looked cool (and played dayz in arma 2), but ran into an issue with camera before mission cutscences, and after searching the forums didn't find an answer, so joined, so that I could ask that question. But apparently I can't post threads... so can't ask my question. So will post here, in hopes that someday I can ask a simple question.

Hey,

You need +5 posts before you can post your own thread.

Just don't spam, m'kay?

:confused:

Hi,

Here is the introduction thread, if you're new here and wish to introduce yourself to the community, this is the (only) place to do it. A suitable place for your first post !

Welcome here and read the rules!

Lol... read the rules, so I did... to find that this thread shouldn't exist? :shhh:

§22) No user introduction threads

Welcome to the BI Forums! However please note that we do not allow any "I'm the new one", "I'm back" or "I'm leaving" threads here.

If you want to feel welcome simply jump into an ongoing discussion and combine your hello with a thoughtful and insightful post!...

;)

lolz aside,

I'm Gianko and i'm very proud to have joined the ArmA lines, let's hope no one gets too angry at my noob's questions :cool:

Lol... read the rules, so I did... to find that this thread shouldn't exist? :shhh:

Welcome to the BI Forums! However please note that we do not allow any "I'm the new one", "I'm back" or "I'm leaving" threads here.

If you want to feel welcome simply jump into an ongoing discussion and combine your hello with a thoughtful and insightful post!...

;)

lolz aside,

I'm Gianko and i'm very proud to have joined the ArmA lines, let's hope no one gets too angry at my noob's questions :cool:

Hey and welcome :)

Well... that rule is directed towards individual "Hello..." threads. It was written to prevent important discussion threads being pushed down the page by "Hello" threads.

It is also a good method to prevent individuality and the accompanying thoughts of rebellion against the standing order of this Great Forum Union :cylon:

;)

lolz aside,

Great, you're the first one in this topic who actually read them ;)