ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hello! I'm new too and i cannot post new thread as others, so i did ask to an admin about that, and got this answer, maybe can help:

"you need to make a couple of posts in existing threads before you can create a new thread. (Not sure how many though, something like 5-6.)"

Got the answer from MadDogX (thanks!)

Apart from that i'm a 37 year old guy from Italy, that enjoy Arma 3 a lot, and my english is crap!

Have a nice day all

Hi to all finally found a forum i can post to... Just wanted to ask a question. but it looks like i have to jump through some more hoops.:(

BTW. I do like arma3 and starting to use the editor.

Falimer

In life only death is dependable.

Hey, I joined the forums about 12 years ago after getting OFP:CWC when I was fifteen. I haven't been very active though, and I am a complete newbie all over again. There are some names here I still remember (I just googled The Avon Lady to see if my favorite OFP site was still there :( ) but this place is totally new to me again. I just got ARMA 3 and checked out a lot of videos. I'm actually excited enough to spend some time getting back into things, but watching vids of others and getting my butt kicked on the lowest difficulty in single player makes me think I'll need 2 months of night school to even show my face in MP. I still probably won't post very much, at least until I feel comfortable enough to join other players.

What have I done in the last decade? Went to school and got myself a nice job. Nice job brought decent money. Decent money bought a fancy new rig for playing games again. I'm wondering how much more I should get in order to fully appreciate the ARMA experience. New mouse? TrackIR? Most popular mods? I guess that's what lurking is for. I have a lot of sticky threads to read before I start commenting actively again.

Alright, guess this is the place to do a semi-spam post so I can release a quick script I made :)

The name's Flannel, I've only gotten really into the ArmA series with the A3 Alpha. Summer nights of an 8-man team playing an Insurgency gamemode turned into a group with full fledged campaign storylines and 30-40 man operation nights :D It's been an experience. And I haven't even mentioned the many hours I've put into creating/adjusting scripts.

Hi i'm brand new to PC gaming and ARMA 3, i'm actually looking for a community to play with in ARMA 3 to run through some fun missions. And maybe someone to mentor me through the learning curve this game has.

Edited by DeltaCain

Hi!

I have been playing simulator games since I can remember and I found out about ArmA when my neighbour was playing it one night screaming at his fireteam, ever since I have been hooked on the realism!

I took a break from gaming for 2 years but now im back and my old group is have solved or been merged I assumeif so if anyone would like to play ArmA: Queens Gambit or ArmA2/OA hit me up on here, steam or skype (Nick: Green| on all of them) and ill be more then happy to play.

I play casually but I like the realism and can go a bit to far sometimes, almost at the point of being sad when I play on realism servers.

Green|

Man found on Kolgujev, informed that Cold War is over...

not at all :) try CWR2 and P85 for Arma2 , you will see OFP world, Cold War again, woow, returned after dozen years , play CWR2 and you will see old missions but in new graphic quality, if you have Arma3 after OFP, you should try Arma2 cause it is super

Hi, i've been playing since late Arma 2 but hadn't created a forum account until now.

Hi, how do I create a thread? It's driving me mad as I can't find the option anywhere!

It's at the top and the bottom of each page. I'm sure you need a certain amount of posts before you can make your own thread, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, make sure you're in the correct subforum.

8Efgnj2.jpg

Cheers for the reply,

I only have the reply to thread option?

EDIT - There we go, obviously you need a minimum of two posts, it's appeared now.

Thanks!

this is my first time playing Arma so any tips or pointers are welcome. also on a side note im a looking for a gamer who played Dust under the name Bootsize20, so if you know him send him my way. boots if you happen to see this thread, this is Darthspartan.

Hi all im new here!!

Im not sure if this it the best place but i can init new post... ¿some one can help me? I whan't make a question on arma 3 editing-scripts subforum :(

Edited by Maio

Hi all im new here!!

Im not sure if this it the best place but i can init new post... ¿some one can help me? I whan't make a question on arma 3 editing-scripts subforum :(

You need a couple of posts before you can start a thread. Try posting in off topic, but make sure it's not spam.

Hi there. New to the bis forums but not new to modding and playing the Arma series. Hope to release mods you guys will enjoy.

hi ! Im new to bi Forum :)

Im here to post/discuss about video editing with arma 3 !

My current quest is to find good mod/tool to create the perfect quality of movie with the A3 engine :)

I dream about record system like Quake/Half-life with frame by frame export (.dem), but i think its utopist ^^

Greetings from France :)

Hi, just got my Arma 3. I am rather new to the Arma series. Fall for the game due to the details the game pay attention to and also the mod system in these series.

Still learning the basics though and still trying to get used to the game.

Playing through Survive but got stuck at the artillery section of Tipping Point.

Nice to meet around one here!

Hi everybody,

I made an account in order to find a solution to some technical problems I've been having, but I've been on the forums anonymously before and I have to say the community is rather nice.

Also, if anyone has any knowledge on how to fix Arma 3's kicking me off of my local network every time I try to connect to a server, that would be great! I've searched around, but no one seems to have the same problem/the steps listed didn't fix it. I know this is the off-topic section, so as soon as I get my required second post, I'll make a proper thread in the troubleshooting forum.

Cheers,

aspyrx

Nice to be here! Nice web layout easy to navigate!

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Hi everybody,

I made an account in order to find a solution to some technical problems I've been having, but I've been on the forums anonymously before and I have to say the community is rather nice.

Also, if anyone has any knowledge on how to fix Arma 3's kicking me off of my local network every time I try to connect to a server, that would be great! I've searched around, but no one seems to have the same problem/the steps listed didn't fix it. I know this is the off-topic section, so as soon as I get my required second post, I'll make a proper thread in the troubleshooting forum.

Cheers,

aspyrx

Im here for the same reason! Every step i have done but nothing fixes it!

I really got into Arma3 thanks to PsiSyndicate's youtube channel (got me hooked on Altis Life and Wasteland). I'm currently a developer in the game industry, and I've been pouring over Arma3 modding and the SQF scripting language. I hope I can bring some new missions to the table!

I really got into Arma3 thanks to PsiSyndicate's youtube channel (got me hooked on Altis Life and Wasteland). I'm currently a developer in the game industry, and I've been pouring over Arma3 modding and the SQF scripting language. I hope I can bring some new missions to the table!

Welcome, always nice to see new players. :)

I have had this account for a while and still do not have the ability to post threads, edit profile, anything. Kind of getting fed up with it. Also I have no clue where to post this since the search tool is useless. Would appreciate some help since I have been really eager to post my new mod in the Arma 3 Complete Mod section. Anyways, really bad start to this bohemia forum thing, but hopefully someone can help me or direct me to some admin I can pm about this. Again, I hope it's no problem posting this here.

Edit. Issues have been fixed. Thanks!

Edited by flyinpenguin